ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Analytics Predicts

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Likely losses to SMU, Louisville & Clemson and likely wins vs Virginia and BC. If so, 9-3 season. Will we still be happy with that given how we felt at the beginning of the season?

Realistically and compared to expectations from the start, yes. Expectations change and at 7-0, finishing at least 10-2 would be solid with the teams left on the schedule.

Reactions: President Stache
None of the experts or models predicted 7-0. I agree Clemson may be a tall order but this Clemson team is not near as good as the team thay lost to Pitt at home a few years back.

Just going to enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Mr. Woody412
Extremely happy. I was hoping for 6 wins.
So many pathetic negative waves in these parts. Cowering in fear over the SMUs and Louisville's of the world. Oh no, something called a Klubnik is coming to get us! geez, where's Oddball when you need him?

Reactions: BreakingPitt
We beat SMU and...........................

One thing that is weird and not being said enough but Miami's schedule absolutely blows.

If we finish 9-4 and ranked at the end of the year, I would be ok with that. To me that is the floor right now.

Smu will be the best team Pitt will have faced so far They are in the top three I believe in scoring offense and defense. Pitt is right near them

I like the fact that Duzz and company have a few extra days to rest and game plan. Could be the difference in the game

The simplified answer: 9 or wins will always look good in the annuls of Pitt history.

Context, however, is a nuanced thing. 9 wins in 2022? Not really that impressive. That schedule sucked, and we had a team that could have made the playoff with an efficient offense. 9 wins in 2024, prior to this season? I'd have told you that would be incredible no matter what. 9 wins after starting 7-0? Well, all depends on the context you choose to view it from.

Also, SMU lost its big time tight tend for the season, I believe. Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Duke beats them. 8:00 road games are weird. For Pitt's sake, I hope Duke doesn't beat them, because I don't know if I like them to lose twice in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT