ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN fpi?

Ditka1960

Walk-on
Oct 18, 2015
I know the transitive property should not be applied to football, BUT...Duke beat VT 45-10 at VT. VT beat Miami at Miami. Pitt beat Duke at Duke. Yet, Miami is presently ranked by ESPN power index ahead of Pitt and favored 60-40 to win at Pitt in 2 weeks.

Bulletin board material...keep winning, Pitt, because you’re getting no respect.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

Last edited:
I know the transitive property should not be applied to football, BUT...Duke beat VT 45-10 at VT. VT beat Miami at Miami. Pitt beat Duke at Duke. Yet, Miami is presently ranked by ESPN power index ahead of Pitt and favored 60-40 to win at Pitt in 2 weeks.

Bulletin board material...keep winning, Pitt, because you’re getting no respect.

I really don't see why anybody pays any attention to any type of prediction in any game. The game is played on the field and not in the papers or on a computer.

Also, they have Syracuse picked to beat us. They have lost to every team they have played with a pulse.

Grab the respect, Pitt. Play with a chip on your shoulders.

Reactions: PittPanthers90

Miami has better players than Pitt and will be a 3-5 point favorite.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/ has Pitt 51st!?
Coaches Poll has Pitt 38th!?

Reactions: Ditka1960

Didn’t Pitt lose to a Virginia team that Miami just beat?
So there goes your conspiracy theory right there

Not that it matters, but whats killing Pitt in these programs, though, is the 3 point win over Delaware
Prior to that - after the UCF game - they favored Pitt in all the other games
UCF losing to Cincy and Ohio losing numerous games doesn’t help either

Worth noting, I used Sargarin in a college pickem contest. I went 7-8 last week, and that was with gimmies like Michigan over Illinois and Oklahoma over Texas

Reactions: RingDinger
Didn’t Pitt lose to a Virginia team that Miami just beat?
So there goes your conspiracy theory right there

Not that it matters, but whats killing Pitt in these programs, though, is the 3 point win over Delaware
Prior to that - after the UCF game - they favored Pitt in all the other games
UCF losing to Cincy and Ohio losing numerous games doesn’t help either

Worth noting, I used Sargarin in a college pickem contest. I went 7-8 last week, and that was with gimmies like Michigan over Illinois and Oklahoma over Texas

My thought on that is that Pitt’s loss to Virginia occurred in game 1 as an entirely new offense was being installed. That new offense is now putting up good numbers with the best pass catching duo in the country. Miami stunk against a lousy VT team last week. I was not impressed with their QB. We’ll see soon enough.

Agree with you on the Delaware game. We know the story there with all the injuries.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Miami has better players than Pitt and will be a 3-5 point favorite.
Where did you get tgst from ?
Better players are usually reflected in a better record.
Pitt had played 3 top 25 teams and Miami ? And should be 6-0 a.l least 5-1 (should have best PSU).
C'mon man this isn't 1980 -1990 hurricanels i watched their games they are not good.
As asked many times are you sure your a pitt fan ?
75% of your posts are negative.

Reactions: PittFamily2
Where did you get tgst from ?
Better players are usually reflected in a better record.
Pitt had played 3 top 25 teams and Miami ? And should be 6-0 a.l least 5-1 (should have best PSU).
C'mon man this isn't 1980 -1990 hurricanels i watched their games they are not good.
As asked many times are you sure your a pitt fan ?
75% of your posts are negative.

Recruiting rankings dont lie. Sure, they get some guys wrong but overall they are incredibly accurate. Miami has better players at most positions. However, that does not mean they will beat us because better players do not guarantee victory.

Reactions: ThePanthers
My thought on that is that Pitt’s loss to Virginia occurred in game 1 as an entirely new offense was being installed. That new offense is now putting up good numbers with the best pass catching duo in the country. Miami stunk against a lousy VT team last week. I was not impressed with their QB. We’ll see soon enough.

Agree with you on the Delaware game. We know the story there with all the injuries.

We are 80th in yards per game and 107th in scoring. That's simply not accurate.

We are 80th in yards per game and 107th in scoring. That's simply not accurate.

It is accurate that Mack and Ffrench are the top pass catching duo in the country.

Second, Pitt has played a tougher slate than most P5 programs and had many injuries for the Delaware game.

The passing game is vastly improved from last year.

I don't know about the fpi but Sargarin uses margin of victory in his formula. Therefore, allowing Duke to get close and resting people against Ohio hurts. With UCF dropping off the radar, it makes that win look average. Pitt is probably underrated but, so what?

Pitt fans really shouldn't be looking at polls or ratings until Pitt is in a position to have them matter. Finish with 9 or 10 wins and you can nitpick all you like.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Funny how the pollsters hold the Delaware game against us but doesn’t hold the Army game against Michigan. We played that game with a QB who had never started and hardly ever played along with 9 other starters who didn’t play. It was lucky that we did win.

Funny how the pollsters hold the Delaware game against us but doesn’t hold the Army game against Michigan. We played that game with a QB who had never started and hardly ever played along with 9 other starters who didn’t play. It was lucky that we did win.

It’s because Army is an FBS team that was coming off an 11 win season and nearly beat an Oklahoma team that made the playoffs last year.

Delaware is an FCS team that was coming off a 1 point win over Penn and lost to Elon 42-7 the game after they played Pitt. The difference between Army and Delaware is seismic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT