ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: Pitt remains Toughest non conference schedule in Country

steel_curtain

All Conference
Nov 9, 2014
-Congrats on Zero recruits, 5 wins last year and no bowl, and the toughest non-con schedule again Pitt for about the 5th year in a row. Are we shooting for 4 wins this year or 5?

-Does Narduzzi get fired if he only wins 4? Or does he b_tch and Pitt bites he played the hardest schedule again?

-Either way, idiots on both sides for idiot scheduling. Way to go dumbasses. Vegas has the win total I think at 4. Or is it 3

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ege-football-toughest-nonconference-schedules

-What a shocker. Its all ACC and Pac-12 teams. So that means Michigan, without looking at their schedule once wins 11 games and get a Top 4 ranking and gets their ass beat by any team they play in a bowl? Sounds about right.

Toughest non-con schedule, yes. But it's not even close to the toughest schedule, overall.

I don't mind it, tbh. We need some headline games on the schedule, and the ACC Coastal lacks any real star power. Gotta find it somewhere else.

Reactions: PhPanther2
Toughest non-con schedule, yes. But it's not even close to the toughest schedule, overall.

I don't mind it, tbh. We need some headline games on the schedule, and the ACC Coastal lacks any real star power. Gotta find it somewhere else.

-How many teams can you name that play 5+ ranked teams this year? SOS rankings dont mean anything, tell me ho wmany other teams play 5+ ranked teams by years end, starting with Bama?

A lot of teams actually have tougher schedules than us. A quick google search of "toughest schedule college football 2018" pulls up multiple articles from different websites showing their top ten toughest schedules. I read 4 of them, and haven't seen Pitt mentioned anywhere yet.

A lot of teams actually have tougher schedules than us. A quick google search of "toughest schedule college football 2018" pulls up multiple articles from different websites showing their top ten toughest schedules. I read 4 of them, and haven't seen Pitt mentioned anywhere yet.

-Again, how many ranked teams do they play. Beating 12 teams ranked 50th in the National is way easier then beating the #1 team 6 times and the last placed team 6 times.

-How many ranked teams do they play at seasons end, including road games?

Lets start with last year

Wisconsin-0
Alabama-1

Reactions: FireballZ
Nobody self-sanctions like Pitt

- stringent academic standards during Majors II

- suspending players for smoking weed

-Firing Wanny to hire Freddy Kruger

-Letting Dixon walk away without a buyout to hire Stallings

- Football schedules tougher than SEC West teams

I think you could blame some of it on the uncertainty of the previous ACC future schedules. They went back and forth on 9 games or not, requiring 2 P5 ooc or not and even the conference rotation. Its finally set now and the future acc/ND rotations are known for next 20 yrs. Plus Pitt seems to have more money for buy games than it ever did before.

-Congrats on Zero recruits, 5 wins last year and no bowl, and the toughest non-con schedule again Pitt for about the 5th year in a row. Are we shooting for 4 wins this year or 5?

-Does Narduzzi get fired if he only wins 4? Or does he b_tch and Pitt bites he played the hardest schedule again?

-Either way, idiots on both sides for idiot scheduling. Way to go dumbasses. Vegas has the win total I think at 4. Or is it 3

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ege-football-toughest-nonconference-schedules
"Either way, idiots on both sides for idiot scheduling. Way to go dumbasses."...why is the this considered a tough schedule? Seems to me it is because Penn State and UCF being are on it for the most part. Pitt scheduled the non power 5 UCF coming off a 6-7 record. Pitt scheduled Penn State prior to what looked to be a depleted team up there after the scandal.Now UCF comes off an undefeated season and Penn State is somewhat loaded...Monday morning quarterback much?

Pitt's OOC scheduling is moronic. They should schedule 1 tough OOC game (WVU, ND, PSU) per year and the rest cupcakes. Look at what the top notch programs do. They know how to stack victories and build momentum.
you mean like scheduling Notre Dame and then throwing on a thought to be near death penalty local Big Ten team and some sub .500 AAC team...like that?

Reactions: PittCity
-Again, how many ranked teams do they play. Beating 12 teams ranked 50th in the National is way easier then beating the #1 team 6 times and the last placed team 6 times.

-How many ranked teams do they play at seasons end, including road games?

Lets start with last year

Wisconsin-0
Alabama-1
Pitt also plays a lot of schedules where at the end of the year a lot of their opponents are highly ranked, in part, because they beat Pitt, instead of suffering a beat down from Alabama or Oklahoma.

Yes, the scheduling is stupid, but we do our part by not being any good.

we have the toughest OOC schedule but over all schedule, we are nowhere to be found. that tells me all I need to know about how tough the ACC coastal is. hey, im not complaining, heck of a lot better than being on the other side of the ACC.

Reactions: cbpitt2
a lot of male Pitt fans sit down to pee nowadays. Not one game on that ooc sched is deserving of a whine.

I think it's more a question of why Pitt keeps consistently killing itself out of conference for zero apparent gain. It's not whining, it's trying to figure out how to rebuild the program rather than stagnating. There's like zero sense of urgency from a large portion of the base.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT