ADVERTISEMENT

Euro season begins: ABC and NBC football on Saturday

Positive and bright start at the Cottage. Whites up 1-0 to the Merseysiders after 45.

Mitrovic!!!!

completely against the run of play.

I’m completely content with 1 point considering of the 3 new boys, we got the toughest draw hands down. These are the games where you just hope you can scrap something out. 0 goal difference, 1 point after match day 1 against Liverpool.

I’m completely content with 1 point considering of the 3 new boys, we got the toughest draw hands down. These are the games where you just hope you can scrap something out. 0 goal difference, 1 point after match day 1 against Liverpool.
Yeah that was a typical relegation team vs title contender game. Both teams picked up a point. Liverpool looks at is as dropping 2 points. Fulham looks at it as getting a result. At the end of the season both teams might be looking at this game as the difference…for different reasons.

btw, is Jedi your captain? This is exactly the example of why it’s so advantageous to be playing in this league prior to the World Cup. Robinson is prepping by being matched up vs Mo Salah all game. While Walker Zimmerman is prepping by playing Panamanian and Ecuadorian B teamers.

Yeah that was a typical relegation team vs title contender game. Both teams picked up a point. Liverpool looks at is as dropping 2 points. Fulham looks at it as getting a result. At the end of the season both teams might be looking at this game as the difference…for different reasons.

btw, is Jedi your captain? This is exactly the example of why it’s so advantageous to be playing in this league prior to the World Cup. Robinson is prepping by being matched up vs Mo Salah all game. While Walker Zimmerman is prepping by playing Panamanian and Ecuadorian B teamers.
He isn’t. Tom Cairney is the overall team captain. Timbo Ream though had the arm band today. He was rock solid and he’s another one that either is loved or hated by Fulham fans

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
He isn’t. Tom Cairney is the overall team captain. Timbo Ream though had the arm band today. He was rock solid and he’s another one that either is loved or hated by Fulham fans
How did you think Jedi played? Somehow I didn’t wake until 8am so I missed the first half. I thought he played well.

How did you think Jedi played? Somehow I didn’t wake until 8am so I missed the first half. I thought he played well.
I think he acquitted himself well. Some nice overlapping runs at times and really kept Mo Mo Salah quiet out on the wing. Yeah he scored the tying goal but that was in the middle of the 6 scrapping

I think he acquitted himself well. Some nice overlapping runs at times and really kept Mo Mo Salah quiet out on the wing. Yeah he scored the tying goal but that was in the middle of the 6 scrapping
Yeah that wasn’t on him.

He’s still 29. He will be fine. I’m interested. MLS needs more guys like this.
I wonder how much influence having a guy like Rooney as your coach lead to a guy like this being interested in going to DC. I see he's scored 86 goals in EPL, that's pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, hopefully by next week. They said he needs to get a work visa.

He'll be 32 in December. Still like the signing. Some random 25 year old dude from Ecuador may be better but I'll take a guy I heard of like Benteke all day.
You've hear of him? Seriously? He was with Crystal Palace, and not a star at Belgium. Personally I agree that I'd take this guy over a 2nd rate Ecuadorian, But not because of name recognition, but because I've seen what it was like when OLD Wayne Rooney played, he was still pretty dominant, so I'd take an EPL vet over the South American because I expect better play, if I thought the Ecuadorian was better for some reason, I'd prefer him. I haven't seen any LAFC games lately, I'll be interested to see how Bale is playing? DC plays them next week, I hope Benteke is playing by then.

You've hear of him? Seriously? He was with Crystal Palace, and not a star at Belgium. Personally I agree that I'd take this guy over a 2nd rate Ecuadorian, But not because of name recognition, but because I've seen what it was like when OLD Wayne Rooney played, he was still pretty dominant, so I'd take an EPL vet over the South American because I expect better play, if I thought the Ecuadorian was better for some reason, I'd prefer him. I haven't seen any LAFC games lately, I'll be interested to see how Bale is playing? DC plays them next week, I hope Benteke is playing by then.

Is De Bruyne to Haaland gonna be the most unfair combo we’ve seen in a long time? If they both stay healthy they will put up crazy numbers. That’s been the one thing City has been lacking over the years is quick strike capabilities

Reactions: anon_d97v9o3a8b6xr
Is De Bruyne to Haaland gonna be the most unfair combo we’ve seen in a long time? If they both stay healthy they will put up crazy numbers. That’s been the one thing City has been lacking over the years is quick strike capabilities
Probably. The first two goals were the result of straight and direct runs from Haaland. Nothing Haaland has never done before.

But what I want to see from Haaland is the ability to create space for himself within Pep’s possession system. And there were subtle little movements that I saw from Haaland today that made me think that he is capable of excelling that way too. The missed header he had that would have been his 3rd goal was a really nice 5 yard run in the box to the near post and Graelish found his head. He keeps doing that and finishes them on a consistent basis and City’s going undefeated.

Reactions: Stretch0707
Sure hope so. The explosiveness of Haaland was impressive.

Probably. The first two goals were the result of straight and direct runs from Haaland. Nothing Haaland has never done before.

But what I want to see from Haaland is the ability to create space for himself within Pep’s possession system. And there were subtle little movements that I saw from Haaland today that made me think that he is capable of excelling that way too. The missed header he had that would have been his 3rd goal was a really nice 5 yard run in the box to the near post and Graelish found his head. He keeps doing that and finishes them on a consistent basis and City’s going undefeated.
Definitely agree with you. That will be very interesting moving forward throughout the year against the best teams in the EPL. Pep is notorious for keeping to a system of build up to create goals but Haaland is such a different player so it will be something to watch

Today was the 1st Sunday of EPL and none of the games where on a regular channel, all on Peacock from what I saw. I have Peacock as part of my Comcast subscription, I just thought it was strange NBC or TNT or whoever is the main channel didn't have a single game.

Today was the 1st Sunday of EPL and none of the games where on a regular channel, all on Peacock from what I saw. I have Peacock as part of my Comcast subscription, I just thought it was strange NBC or TNT or whoever is the main channel didn't have a single game.
Chelsea vs Everton was on USA Network. But yeah your point is well taken because all the others weren’t. I don’t get it. I don’t think it’s what the EPL had in mind with their American TV rights deal.

I realized it yesterday, but I am so upset that Haaland is on city. It makes me so angry

I hope SiriusXM does not cover any more Manchester city games. Or at least the guy that was calling the game yesterday. I am already over, hearing him referred to as Erling Braun Haaland. Every time he mentioned him he used his middle name.

Chelsea vs Everton was on USA Network. But yeah your point is well taken because all the others weren’t. I don’t get it. I don’t think it’s what the EPL had in mind with their American TV rights deal.
That game was Saturday, Sunday had no games on a regular channel. Pre football season is when I personally like to see soccer games. There wasn't even an MLS game on yesterday.

I’m still trying to figure out if my xfinity account will actually give me the peacock games for free. I only use xfinity for internet but thought it gave me free access to EPL on peacock.

I hope SiriusXM does not cover any more Manchester city games. Or at least the guy that was calling the game yesterday. I am already over, hearing him referred to as Erling Braun Haaland. Every time he mentioned him he used his middle name.
As long as his name is getting called, I am good with it.

As I said, it looks like the Women's British Open was partly to blame (the small part that you can't assign to NBC). This Saturday USA is showing the 7:30 game, Aston Villa v Everton, and a game at 10:00, the surely scintillating Man City destruction of Bournemouth, and then at 12:30 NBC is showing Brentford's big upset over Man U.

On Sunday USA is showing Nottingham v West Ham at 9:00 and Chelsea and the Tots at 11:30. So (hopefully) back to normal from now on.

As I said, it looks like the Women's British Open was partly to blame (the small part that you can't assign to NBC). This Saturday USA is showing the 7:30 game, Aston Villa v Everton, and a game at 10:00, the surely scintillating Man City destruction of Bournemouth, and then at 12:30 NBC is showing Brentford's big upset over Man U.

On Sunday USA is showing Nottingham v West Ham at 9:00 and Chelsea and the Tots at 11:30. So (hopefully) back to normal from now on.
Haha. Brentford vs United. I love how you put that! If United doesn’t get a result, they have Liverpool in 2 weeks and might have 0 points out of 9 after Round 3. That would be awesome.

Chelsea vs Tottenham is the game of the weekend and to be honest I’m not expecting a good result for my Blues. They’re boring and can’t generate offense.

Never saw him play for Palace. Saw him play for Belgium. Wasnt much for them but he was on some great teams.

I hope Pep puts his foot right down on the neck of Bournemouth and Parker and pushes so hard this weekend. Bournemouth better take a picture of the table because in 4 weeks they'll have 3 losses and be scraping the bottom. I hope City, Arsenal and Liverpool pump 10+ goals combined out against them.

On the United front, what a catastrophe! They are saying they're interested in everyone. 2 days ago it was 30+ Marko Arnoutovic, now it's Adrien Rabiot at Juve and some dude Ben Sesko from RB Salzburg who said no to them.

Rabiot is getting no time at Juve so it's not like this 1st team stud muffin would be coming.

It is so enjoyable to see.

ADVERTISEMENT