ADVERTISEMENT

Fantastic game in Hershey

Thomas got a little wild with his shot selection. But that kid can really ball. Be interesting to see how much he improves over the next 2 years. We got a good one coming with Brandon. Hope he talks Maleek into joining him.
Yeah Thomas was forcing a lot of shots, but Cummings is really in control and lets the game come to him. He definitely has some more athleticism and ability to play off the ball than Nelly.

Cummings is a stud and Thomas is a potential lottery pick.

hard to say that a 5 star kid is underappreciated but you don't seem to hear alot about him. This is a home grown talent (i.e. not a Danny Forston or Rob Gronkowski), a potential lottery pick in the NBA. Think of all the hype that surrounded Terrell Pryor, it is nowhere near that level with Thomas. Although football still rules the roost around here.

I wonder if he stayed at North Hills if he would get more accolades. He would be called the Lavar of basketball and would be the king of West View leading a traditional WPIAL power, North Hills, to never seen heights.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
hard to say that a 5 star kid is underappreciated but you don't seem to hear alot about him. This is a home grown talent (i.e. not a Danny Forston or Rob Gronkowski), a potential lottery pick in the NBA. Think of all the hype that surrounded Terrell Pryor, it is nowhere near that level with Thomas. Although football still rules the roost around here.

I wonder if he stayed at North Hills if he would get more accolades. He would be called the Lavar of basketball and would be the king of West View leading a traditional WPIAL power, North Hills, to never seen heights.

4A and playing in relative obscurity. Would be cool to see LP play up to 6A next year.

Thomas and Cummings have been fun to watch. They feed off each other and delivered a state title over Philly's Nuemann-Goretti, who prior to losing to Lincoln Park, had been a perfect 9-0 in state title games. Brandon Cummings is far more talented than his brother Nelly, if he plays with a similar battle level and heart, Pitt fans are going to love him.

I always wondered what the demographics of those Philly Catholic schools (and NYC) like Neuman-Goretti. Are they elitist rich kid schools which just recruit athletes and let them go to school for free like say Central Catholic?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT