ADVERTISEMENT

Brandin Cummings and Meleek Thomas win PA State Championship

Vader_Storm

Sophomore
Dec 16, 2018
Congrats to these 2 players for a terrific season. Took down powerhouse Neuman Goretti from the powerhouse PCL league from Philly in the title game.

Cummings finished with 25 points, Thomas with 22 and Thomas made the game winner. Fringe 5 star recruit Robert Wright headed to Baylor led all scorers with 27.

Both players will move up in the National Rankings, Cummings will be getting a significant bump into the National Top 100 with ease and may be going even higher if his strong shooting continues in the EYBL. Thomas will be in the National top 3-5 everywhere as a 5 star.

Congrats to these 2 players for a terrific season. Took down powerhouse Neuman Goretti from the powerhouse PCL league from Philly in the title game.

Cummings finished with 25 points, Thomas with 22 and Thomas made the game winner. Fringe 5 star recruit Robert Wright headed to Baylor led all scorers with 27.

Both players will move up in the National Rankings, Cummings will be getting a significant bump into the National Top 100 with ease and may be going even higher if his strong shooting continues in the EYBL. Thomas will be in the National top 3-5 everywhere as a 5 star.
Very Impressive - No Doubt

Reactions: Vader_Storm

Great game. Robert Wright is a very good player along with Cummings and Thomas.

Reactions: Eastern Eight
At 2PM on a Thursday. Gotta love PIAA scheduling. Why are Sundays off limits?

Should be:

Friday

Girls
5PM - 1A
7PM - 2A
9PM - 3A

Saturday
Boys
11AM - 1A
1 - 2A
3 - 3A
5 - 4A
7 - 5A
9 - 6A

Sunday
Girls
noon - 4A
2 - 5A
4 - 6A

Great interview I hope they dreamed about winning a National Championship together.

QUOTE="Joe the Panther Fan, post: 4216942, member: 278"]
Every time the PIAA brings up a shot clock way too many coaches go nuts in speaking out against it.
[/QUOTE]
And who doesn’t like to watch a basketball game in which the final score is 4-2, as happened this year?

Shot clock should start in 6th grade.

The small schools bitch about the expense of putting in clocks and running them in high school (no, really, they do), imagine how they are going to react to needing to install and use them in their middle schools.

Not that that's a reason to not use them, just that that's a reason why they don't use them. Too many coaches and schools bitch every time it gets proposed.

Reactions: Drew1208
High Schools manage to afford a scoreboard and they can also manage to afford a shot clock. Not having one takes away from the game.

Didn’t you know kids practice their entire lives so adults can make you hold the ball during a basketball game instead of scheming and teaching them ways to score?
Exactly. 99% of kids don’t play beyond high school. Nothing worse than a coach having his team stand for 2 minutes so they can try to win a 39-38 game.

Here's a story from last spring:

PA Shot Clock

"Cost and budget concerns were a leading reason many schools opposed adding a shot clock, while others thought the game was fine as is, Cardone said."
That'd be the cheapest thing in the budget lol.
And of course the shot clock can be set like 45 or 50 seconds if they wanted.
Or just used for the playoffs.

That'd be the cheapest thing in the budget lol.

The AD from the City League that they quoted in the article said that it could cost up to $10,000 to add shot clocks to each school. I am going to hope that she meant $10,000 total if you added them at all of the City schools, because the only way they cost anywhere close to $10,000 per school is if someone is marking them up and pocketing a giant pile of cash.

• Haha
Reactions: Drew1208
Hell, you can do what some summer leagues do, which is have someone keeping track of it at the scorer's table and yelling "15" . . . "10" . . . "5".

And credit to both teams for not holding the ball late in the game. How in the 21st century do we not have a shot clock for a state title game? Anyway, Cummings is very exciting to watch.
Holding the ball isn’t much of a problem in high school ball. I have gone to a ton of high school games in my life and never saw a team do it except in tare end of half or game situations. In fact far too many times I see kids play like there is a ten second shot clock, throwing up ridiculous shots early in the possession.

Reactions: JD1976
The AD from the City League that they quoted in the article said that it could cost up to $10,000 to add shot clocks to each school. I am going to hope that she meant $10,000 total if you added them at all of the City schools, because the only way they cost anywhere close to $10,000 per school is if someone is marking them up and pocketing a giant pile of cash.

Probably about that with installation. However, dont tell me that a school district cannot afford $10K. Monessen spent $5K for a charter bus ride.

Probably about that with installation. However, dont tell me that a school district cannot afford $10K. Monessen spent $5K for a charter bus ride.

You can buy a wireless shot clock on line for less than $1,000. You'd obviously need two of them, but if you are spending $10,000 per school on a system it is clearly because you want to, not because you have to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT