ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite semi-recent Backyard Brawl

JimHammett

All P I T T !
Staff
Dec 4, 2012
I'm sure there are some great candidates, but I'm going to give you three. Which was the best win for Pitt? Which one was your favorite? Were you at any of these games? Let's hear it.

February 9, 2006
Pitt 57, WVU 53

The story here was Kevin Pittsnoggle. He went 0-12 and finished with 0 points. Of all the players through the years, I'd say he was one of the biggest villains to Pitt fans Holding him to 0 points at the Pete was a pretty big deal. Pitt moved to 18-3 on the year, Aaron Gray and Ronald Ramon led Pitt with 16 apiece.

February 7, 2008
Pitt 55, West Virginia 54

This was pretty memorable, the big shot by Ronald Ramon. He his a 3 at the buzzer to take down WVU in a typical Big East slugfest. Pitt moved to 18-5 on the year. Sam Young and Keith Benjamin led the way for the Panthers with 10 each.

February 12, 2010
Pitt 98, West Virginia 95 3OT

Coming off an Elite 8, it was supposed to be a down year for Pitt, but the team willed itself to some wins it should not have won. This game was probably the best example. WVU was loaded this year, it eventually ended up in the Final 4. WVU also smacked Pitt 9 days prior to this rare Friday night game. Pitt just kept finding a way to hang around and eventually won in triple overtime in probably the best overall game in the Petersen Events Center's history. Wannamaker and Gibbs both finished with 24 points, going head to head with WVU star Da'Sean Butler.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News