ADVERTISEMENT

FF to TT

Dec 20, 2018

Fede committed to Texas Tech. Not sure why some Pitt fans have to be dicks in the replies. Fede never had an offensive game, but he is a great kid, solid defender, a good teammate by all accounts, and represented Pitt well in his time there. Kind of reminds me of Gary McGhee, who took abuse because of his terrible hands and struggles to finish at times despite his size. But the dude became an awesome post defender and rebounder that the team really lacked after he was gone.

Fede committed to Texas Tech. Not sure why some Pitt fans have to be dicks in the replies. Fede never had an offensive game, but he is a great kid, solid defender, a good teammate by all accounts, and represented Pitt well in his time there. Kind of reminds me of Gary McGhee, who took abuse because of his terrible hands and struggles to finish at times despite his size. But the dude became an awesome post defender and rebounder that the team really lacked after he was gone.

I hope to see him do well. He is a Pitt Man but just didn't fit into our plans. The tweet is interesting because Fede was one of the worst post defenders in the conference and it says he was one of the best.

I don't condone being jerks like that given he was a likeable personality, but his lack of improvement and general particularly bad play in the first half+ of the season probably cost us a tournament bid, so I can see why some would be salty.

No doubt they saw the 2:55 mark in this video and was like yes this is our athletic guy. Seriously; watch that part in “Fede’s” highlight video. Pretty sure that is an Austin block highlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: UPitthoops
When the defense is drawn away, he can catch a ball and dunk it.

I wish him well, but you gotta have a whole lot more from your primary big.

It’s ironic that some Pitt fans feel he cost THEM a tournament bid , he gave 100% 100% of the time and nobody can ask for more .

He didn’t improve maybe because that’s all he got !

Good luck to him at TT .

Ps ….he didn’t nor did any other Panther player cost us a bid unless we were on the team

If you are a student, alumni or a financial supporter of the University, you are entitled to use we. And who is the "us" you refer to in the same sentence? From all indications, you are not so entitled. From all the negative posts you have directed at Pitt and its fans, you may surely be entitled to use "We" on another board.

I’m a bit surprised he landed at a P5 school so good for him. It will be interesting if the TT staff can get him to develop more of an offensive game. He doesn’t lack athletic ability. If he does Capel needs to find someone who can develop bigs

If you are a student, alumni or a financial supporter of the University, you are entitled to use we. And who is the "us" you refer to in the same sentence? From all indications, you are not so entitled. From all the negative posts you have directed at Pitt and its fans, you may surely be entitled to use "We" on another board.
Us are fans and no , money doesn’t make you a part of the team , nor does taking classes or being an alumni. Players ,coaches and support staff are part of the team (we ) . You’re not out there working out and sweating 12 months a year .

It’s ironic that some Pitt fans feel he cost THEM a tournament bid , he gave 100% 100% of the time and nobody can ask for more .

Good luck to him at TT .

Ps ….he didn’t nor did any other Panther player cost us a bid unless we were on the team
Do you wear a helmet when you golf? I think that you've been hit in the noggin one time too many.

100% 100% of the time? He looked pretty out of shape the first half of the season and clearly wasn't working very hard on his free throws. Pitt was a win short last season.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

I wish him well….but

“One of the best defenders in the ACC”????

Do you wear a helmet when you golf? I think that you've been hit in the noggin one time too many.

100% 100% of the time? He looked pretty out of shape the first half of the season and clearly wasn't working very hard on his free throws. Pitt was a win short last season.

He didn’t look fat or slow , he was a player with marginal offensive skills and wasn’t physically strong enough to handle any true 5’s , plus he can’t shoot FTs because he’s not a very good shooter .

You don’t think he didn’t spend hrs practicing FTs ? Guess the coaching staff missed the fact he was shooting 40% from the line !

Other than Hugley after he injured his knee or someone coming back from injury there aren’t many D1 bb players who are out of shape .

I think that golf ball hit the guy drinking the fireballz’s

I’m a bit surprised he landed at a P5 school so good for him. It will be interesting if the TT staff can get him to develop more of an offensive game. He doesn’t lack athletic ability. If he does Capel needs to find someone who can develop bigs

I'm not. He's a legit P5 backup big. And there's so many spots open. A P5 would take Will Jeffress as a deep reserve if he didn't care to get much playing time.

I think if he wanted more PT & to be more involved etc then he should have dropped down a level. Their C last year was similar size but much more physical. He put up 10 PT, 7.5 RB &1.5 blocks in about 5 more minutes than FF. He didn’t get the ball much but at least had a half way decent post game. So don’t see FF getting the ball much. Maybe FF gets stronger & develops, who knows. He’s a good kid & repped Pitt with class so I wish him well.
I'm not. He's a legit P5 backup big. And there's so many spots open. A P5 would take Will Jeffress as a deep reserve if he didn't care to get much playing time.
Yes P5 backup suits him well. I’m sure TT will bring in a few other bigs. Would be surprised if they couldn’t do better.

Us are fans and no , money doesn’t make you a part of the team , nor does taking classes or being an alumni. Players ,coaches and support staff are part of the team (we ) . You’re not out there working out and sweating 12 months a year .
I’m pretty sure if one donates to Alliance412, you are definitely part of the “we”. These are PAID PROFESSIONALS who just happen to wear a Pitt uniform and take classes at Pitt for free (another part of their compensation as a paid professional) and a big chunk of their salary comes from “we”.

Reactions: ToddPA and Ronnyp91
Seems like a slovis analogy for me. Was decent pre-injury but never seemed to return to pre-injury form. He definitely helped last year and think it’s a win win for both him and Pitt. Its still funny to me though how they include an Austin highlight in his highlight tape.

I’m pretty sure if one donates to Alliance412, you are definitely part of the “we”. These are PAID PROFESSIONALS who just happen to wear a Pitt uniform and take classes at Pitt for free (another part of their compensation as a paid professional) and a big chunk of their salary comes from “we”.

Now more than ever. If you are literally helping to pay the players, you are absolutely part of the "we."

Reactions: ToddPA
Maybe you should wear a team jersey with your name on it too !

Your not an owner , you’re not getting a chuck of the profits , you’re not making personal decisions , you’re not organizing or running practices , you’re not training the players , you’re not developing strategies , they still charge you for your tickets and mandatory donations , what you’re doing is giving money which is great , but it doesn’t make you part of the team . It makes you a very loyal fan which is commendable. They need to make you feel like you’re part of the team so you keep giving them money . Heck if you give enough money they’ll even allow you to sit in on a practice or two , they want your money !

Yes , these players can no longer be called “student athletes”, they’re paid professionals . What the NIL has done has taken some of the hypocrisy out of big time college athletics. ( let’s not discuss the academic side of the equation) . The schools do provide tuition , room and board , coaching , training , medical care , etc , but the schools have a beautiful arrangement where they have supporters pay their athletes . What could be a better business model for them . ( we’re excluding the previous option of not being forced to pay the athletes real money )

Good luck to him at TT .

I don't get the irony...he gave a 100% and he may have cost them a tournament bid...both things can be correct at the same time...that being said, best damn Finn in the history of Pitt basketball...

• Haha
Reactions: nycpanther98
I don't get the irony...he gave a 100% and he may have cost them a tournament bid...both things can be correct at the same time...that being said, best damn Finn in the history of Pitt basketball...
Because the best Finn in the history of Pitt bb didn’t cost them a tourament bid , 100% of a player with a limited skill set isn’t the same as a stud who underperforms .

Because the best Finn in the history of Pitt bb didn’t cost them a tourament bid , 100% of a player with a limited skill set isn’t the same as a stud who underperforms .
Uh ya.. not sure what that has to do with irony..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT