ADVERTISEMENT

Fillaponi again......

2yw1.png

Unless you want to troll him right back like you can with Madden, then it's fun. I had an exchange with Madden on Twitter, he'll engage ya. They have a shtick and they do it well.

very few people call in to the Fan when they talk about pitt because they're such jerks about pitt

so, desperate to get people to call in, they act like even bigger jerks

even fewer people call in

they act like even bigger jerks

it's a stupid cycle

Grasping desperately to find a downside to the hire of Capel....asks the following...

" who got the better hire; Capel at PITT of Mack at Louisville??"

really?

This bum never fails to look like a dope.
He’s got his eyes on national jobs and is always trying to poke and prod and elicit reactions out of everyone. It’s a schtick because he knows that’s what he needs to do to get a network-level gig. Sadly, he probably will because he’s part of the Syracuse Media mafia.

Reactions: bobfree
I had to laugh when Poni, almost on cue, started to make assumptions on the new coach's buyout. Of course he's assuming or hoping it's low, to allow Jeff an easier path to return to Duke.

Hopefully that New York job offer will come soon for Poni.

Grasping desperately to find a downside to the hire of Capel....asks the following...

" who got the better hire; Capel at PITT of Mack at Louisville??"

really?

This bum never fails to look like a dope.
This guy reminds me of the perpetual smart ass who goes thru life practically begging for a good ass kicking. Sniveling little prick.

Reactions: Las Panteras
He’s got his eyes on national jobs and is always trying to poke and prod and elicit reactions out of everyone. It’s a schtick because he knows that’s what he needs to do to get a network-level gig. Sadly, he probably will because he’s part of the Syracuse Media mafia.

This is it exactly

I listen to 93.7 for 15 minutes every time I'm in town just for the hell of it. The content is trash. I'm amazed anyone listens to the radio anymore at all. Spotify and podcasts are so much better.

I like how he compares the Pitt hire to the absolute best hire that was made in Mack to Louisville.

Doesn’t compare the Capel hire to Hurley or Crean or anyone else, only to the 1 superstar that changed jobs.

Guy sounds like a real tool.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I like how he compares the Pitt hire to the absolute best hire that was made in Mack to Louisville.

Doesn’t compare the Capel hire to Hurley or Crean or anyone else, only to the 1 superstar that changed jobs.

Hurley vs Capel would be the most appropriate in my opinion if he were looking to engage the fanbase in earnest discussion. Pollsters typically have a desired result as has been stated in the thread. He's attempting to reach out to a national audience, not us.

Reactions: West Coast Panther
Challenging another talk show host to a fight? Wow. It is time for you to shut off the radio for a while.

I did listen today at noon for obvious reasons... I do not listen to him at all, I only listen to Zeise.

He trashes the University of Pittsburgh too often and I called him out in person a couple years ago a the Pete ... he is a sissy and would not be surprised if he sits to pee...

Listening to any terrestrial radio is near impossible anymore. Sports talk radio and the morning/evening drive times in particular. You have 6 or 7 minutes of talk, 15 minutes of commercials, followed by 3 minutes of the same updates.
I switched to Sirius and can never go back now.

Reactions: PittAU
I did listen today at noon for obvious reasons... I do not listen to him at all, I only listen to Zeise.

He trashes the University of Pittsburgh too often and I called him out in person a couple years ago a the Pete ... he is a sissy and would not be surprised if he sits to pee...

3-4 years ago was listening when Cook attacked Pitt fans about not supporting the hiring of Tom Bradley. Subscribe to sirius now. I did tune in a couple of times this week - hungry for info. Pitt really needs a new flagship station. Filipony is just a big A hole.

No reason to tune in now.

This was a homerun hire.
Didn't renew my Pirate Season tickets this year - going with Pitt Basketball to compliment my football ones.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I'm not gonna argue Mack vs. Capel, Mack is more established, a great hire for Louisville. I really think capel was a better hire than Hurley though. Although admittedly it's hard to compare it fairly as the main thing that will always stick out to me about this is.... Dan Hurley was not worth making the second highest paid coach in the ACC.

It is great that Pitt under Lyke is willing to do what it takes, but second highest paid coach in the premier conference in college basketball? If fans weren't happy with Dixon I guarantee by year 4 people would have been screaming he wasn't worth that much money.

3-4 years ago was listening when Cook attacked Pitt fans about not supporting the hiring of Tom Bradley. Subscribe to sirius now. I did tune in a couple of times this week - hungry for info. Pitt really needs a new flagship station. Filipony is just a big A hole.

No reason to tune in now.

This was a homerun hire.
Didn't renew my Pirate Season tickets this year - going with Pitt Basketball to compliment my football ones.

I could not agree more... absolutely a home run hire..

We will be getting back our 3 season tickets ...

The whole Cutch thing has me sour on the Bucco's...

Because he knows Capel blows them away.

I'm sure he does, but I can't imagine any national outlets would want to have anything to do with someone as generally ill-informed as he is.
He actually has done fill in work on some national shows on CBS Radio. I heard him while traveling about a month or two ago on a weekend.

He actually has done fill in work on some national shows on CBS Radio. I heard him while traveling about a month or two ago on a weekend.

Mark Madden used to do fill in work on ESPN's national shows too, years ago. Unfortunately for him, they found out that he couldn't carry on an intelligent conversation about most sports topics, so that came to an end. Fullabaloney is in for the same fate.

I listen to 93.7 for 15 minutes every time I'm in town just for the hell of it. The content is trash. I'm amazed anyone listens to the radio anymore at all. Spotify and podcasts are so much better.

Agree AND it’s like 10 min of content and 15 min of commercials and so on and so on.

Reactions: PittPoker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT