ADVERTISEMENT

Ford is good to Go

Narduzzi was right when he was asked a few weeks ago. Some on here doubted it. Awesome news.

DHwm2J3UMAEaLNd.jpg

IMO he has to play.
What are the odds he stays at Pitt 5 years let alone 4.
The odds are pretty good considering he's never played a college game and all we have to go on is his stellar HS career.

I remember the same things being said about Hamlin.

Like all players, the coaches will play him when he's ready to play and can help the team.

This is all the more reason to redshirt Hamlin. I wonder if Hamlin may be headed for a medical hardship.

Welcome to PITT Mr. Ford!!

Part of Coach Duzz's interview....

Narduzzi’s secondary could use an injection of Ford’s athleticism and ball skills, and the thought all along has been that Ford can help immediately, but coach told player he’s not setting the bar sky-high for him.

“I’ll say this, he’s been here for a couple days — we kept that secret in the locker room — but he’s fired up to be here,” Narduzzi said. “We worked hard all summer, obviously, and it’s nice that everyone we signed got here. Some guys get here slower, but expectations-wise, Paris, he’s — you can say 17 days late.

“So my expectations are — and I told him the same thing — we’re not saying, ‘Hey let’s go, Paris, you’re the savior’ — that ain’t gonna happen. My opinion is he’s gonna redshirt, and if something else happens besides that, it’s a miracle, pretty much. It’s just too hard to come in as a kid like that, and come do it. We’re just happy he’s here, he’s in school, and that’s the main thing.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is coach speak and he could start later in the season and contribute on SP immediately.

Last edited:
The odds are pretty good considering he's never played a college game and all we have to go on is his stellar HS career.

I remember the same things being said about Hamlin.

Like all players, the coaches will play him when he's ready to play and can help the team.
So if your going by his stellar high school career then doesn't that stand to reason that the odds would be less than normal he stays 5 years let alone 4 ?

Welcome to PITT Mr. Ford!!

Part of Coach Duzz's interview....

Narduzzi’s secondary could use an injection of Ford’s athleticism and ball skills, and the thought all along has been that Ford can help immediately, but coach told player he’s not setting the bar sky-high for him.

“I’ll say this, he’s been here for a couple days — we kept that secret in the locker room — but he’s fired up to be here,” Narduzzi said. “We worked hard all summer, obviously, and it’s nice that everyone we signed got here. Some guys get here slower, but expectations-wise, Paris, he’s — you can say 17 days late.

“So my expectations are — and I told him the same thing — we’re not saying, ‘Hey let’s go, Paris, you’re the savior’ — that ain’t gonna happen. My opinion is he’s gonna redshirt, and if something else happens besides that, it’s a miracle, pretty much. It’s just too hard to come in as a kid like that, and come do it. We’re just happy he’s here, he’s in school, and that’s the main thing.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is coach speak and he could start later in the season and contribute on SP immediately.

I don't know. Narduzzi has always said stuff like he never makes a decision to redshirt and guys should always be ready to play so to come flat out and say he's redshirting is either actually what's going to happen or Narduzzi's way of avoiding the "when is Paris going to play" question every week.

Either way. Its a huge win to get him in school and to avoid a re-recruitment.

So if your going by his stellar high school career then doesn't that stand to reason that the odds would be less than normal he stays 5 years let alone 4 ?
Nobody knows how his H.S. body of work will translate at this level--whether he becomes a superstar like Larry Fitz or a semi-bust like Rushel Shell. There is a lot to learn.

Oh I know. He certainly appears to have all the tools to be a big time college player. It's just not realistic to expect immediate impact form any true freshman who missed 3 weeks of camp.

I think he has a good chance to play STs and maybe start later in the year....we will see.

Oh I know. He certainly appears to have all the tools to be a big time college player. It's just not realistic to expect immediate impact form any true freshman who missed 3 weeks of camp.

Looking at the safety options, especially in the first 3 weeks ... gotta say I'd take the chance with him even without much practice of any kind.

Especially considering this ... forget how many years he wants to play for us ... if he barely made it under the maniacal eye of the "clearinghouse" for basic high school graduate criteria (not exactly stiff), how many years of maintaining GRADES in coming years can be counted on? Since we are so relentlessly honest about it?

They got him OKd, way too late but at least he's in ... but keeping him that way is another matter. Play him while ya got him.

At RB or WR, it is. Not on defense.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
If you were local you would have heard that many people felt that Shell peaked long before he exited high school and many had doubts of how his skills would translate in college. You don't hear any such talk about Ford. Barring injury he looks like a player whose best days are ahead of him.

Nobody knows how his H.S. body of work will translate at this level--whether he becomes a superstar like Larry Fitz or a semi-bust like Rushel Shell. There is a lot to learn.

If he turns out to be as great as the hype then why redshirt him and have him play just 2 years before turn pro? May as well play him right away and get 3 years out of him.

He's too good NOT to play. He's one of the studs expected to turn our pathetic secondary around. This year's secondary will be better than last year, but still struggle a lot. I fully expect PSU and OkSt to embarrass the secondary bad.

If Narduzzi was willing to burn a Hamlin Rs last year when he was injured, I fully expect him to burn a Ford Rs this year....hopefully sooner rather than later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT