ADVERTISEMENT

Fort 🍒

Sieg was the best player on either side of the ball for them. The best player on the field was Alex Erby, who’s going to Navy.

Sieg was the best player on either side of the ball for them. The best player on the field was Alex Erby, who’s going to Navy.

One of the craziest things I think I've ever seen is the Trib does an-all WPIAL ranking and they rank Fort Cherry 5th in the WPIAL. All classes. AHEAD of Central Catholic, who would beat them 80-0. I am sure Fort Cherry is a good 1A team but they are 1A. They wouldn't win a game and probably wouldn't score a point in 5A and 6A. They arent a Top 50-70 team in the WPIAL and the Trib ranks them 5th.

One of the craziest things I think I've ever seen is the Trib does an-all WPIAL ranking and they rank Fort Cherry 5th in the WPIAL. All classes. AHEAD of Central Catholic, who would beat them 80-0. I am sure Fort Cherry is a good 1A team but they are 1A. They wouldn't win a game and probably wouldn't score a point in 5A and 6A. They arent a Top 50-70 team in the WPIAL and the Trib ranks them 5th.

I enjoy the state title games, just wish PA had better production quality. No HD and the picture is fuzzy at times. GA & Florida have streaming in HD.
Wonder what Pat was doing last night that he wasn’t there. He sent a positional coach.
James Franklin was there with Terry Smith, they took pictures with the Quip players and did the same with the team from Dallas.
It’s about making connections with coaches and getting your brand out there, Pat just sucks at the little things.

Reactions: jctrack
I enjoy the state title games, just wish PA had better production quality. No HD and the picture is fuzzy at times. GA & Florida have streaming in HD.
Wonder what Pat was doing last night that he wasn’t there. He sent a positional coach.
James Franklin was there with Terry Smith, they took pictures with the Quip players and did the same with the team from Dallas.
It’s about making connections with coaches and getting your brand out there, Pat just sucks at the little things.

Pat doesn't recruit anymore. Any time a kid gets a PSU offer, he moves on. And soon, Pitt will be.

Sieg showed just how good of a ball player he is by yesteday's result. W/out Matt they would be a 5-5 maybe 6-4 team and don't make it out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Yet, with him on the team they played for a state title.

I like the way they do it, you want it to be like college football where they say this team is always better than that other team, no matter what the records are.

I like the way they do it, you want it to be like college football where they say this team is always better than that other team, no matter what the records are.

If #5 Fort Cherry played #7 Central, what do you think the score would be? And without the Mercy rule because I dont know how to account for that. I would say 82-0. 2 missed extra points.

If #5 Fort Cherry played #7 Central, what do you think the score would be? And without the Mercy rule because I dont know how to account for that. I would say 82-0. 2 missed extra points.
That's subjective, they'd have to play to prove you're right. Just like when UCF beat LSU in the Fiesta Bowl, you probably predicted LSU would kill them.

Seig is a very good player and only a sophomore. I give credit to him but Ft Cherry had a good team regardless of your analysis. Smh

Reactions: bschulter
Seig is a very good player and only a sophomore. I give credit to him but Ft Cherry had a good team regardless of your analysis. Smh

What's your CC vs FC score then? 17-14 CC? You can't compare FC vs Central. Its like D1 vs D3. Like saying some W&J could hang with Pitt. That's the talent difference.

Pat doesn't recruit anymore. Any time a kid gets a PSU offer, he moves on. And soon, Pitt will be.
Are you being sarcastic, or do you just like making things up? Pat's twitter feed is filled with pictures of him at in home recruiting visits.

I do think it's a bad look that he wasn't at the 4A PIAA championship game and Franklin was. If it was because he was somewhere meeting with a kid he has a better shot at landing than anyone in that game or delivering a closing pitch to an offensive coordinator candidate he thinks can turn the program around then I won't say he was wrong to not be there.

If a kid gets a PSU offer and immediately starts giving him the cold shoulder, he should move on. Don't waste time trying to recruit guys that show they'd rather sign with just about anyone other than you.

Well-timed holding call on Westinghouse on 4th down for Southern Columbia prolongs the game-winning drive. Dang.

Reactions: CentPaPittFan
What's your CC vs FC score then? 17-14 CC? You can't compare FC vs Central. Its like D1 vs D3. Like saying some W&J could hang with Pitt. That's the talent difference.
I understand the talent difference between those 2 teams but Seig is very good. He'll probably end up at st penn.

Reactions: bschulter
I noticed 3 things that made those teams different Speed. Speed and speed.
Yep. I actually thought Redbank Valley had a very good chance of beating Fort Cherry. They got away from the pass and that ultimately did them in. Fort Cherry just couldn't match the speed of a couple of the receivers for Redbank, but a couple of drives of trying power football failed. Sieg capitalized. He moves pretty well and has a nice arm. I was impressed with the zip he could put on his throws.

Well-timed holding call on Westinghouse on 4th down for Southern Columbia prolongs the game-winning drive. Dang.

I saw comments about the penalty being questionable. Watching it, that is going to get called every time. He probably didn't even need to hold him.

That isn't what those rankings are attempting to measure.

I know there are various reasons for a kid to go to the Naval Academy other than athletics but was curious of why Alex Erby chose Navy as he was a prolific passer in high school breaking several Pa. high school passing records ..... is Navy changing their offense as their present offense doesn't appear to be a good fit for him ?

is Navy changing their offense as their present offense doesn't appear to be a good fit for him ?
Navy started to change their offense this year. It's my opinion that they will be back to pure under center, double slot, flexbone team within 3 years and they'll either have a new HC or this one will have been forced to go back what made them a thorn in everyone's ass.

Reactions: jctrack
Yep. I actually thought Redbank Valley had a very good chance of beating Fort Cherry. They got away from the pass and that ultimately did them in. Fort Cherry just couldn't match the speed of a couple of the receivers for Redbank, but a couple of drives of trying power football failed. Sieg capitalized. He moves pretty well and has a nice arm. I was impressed with the zip he could put on his throws.

I saw comments about the penalty being questionable. Watching it, that is going to get called every time. He probably didn't even need to hold him.
Hated it but he grabbed him. Penalty

From looking at the scores of the championship games, Aliquippa and Steelton-Highspire should have been matched up against each other.

And that score would have been lopsided too.. The better matchup would have been Quip vs Tep.
…..and Quips should in reality be playing the Fort’s opponent. Lol, but did everyone see the two sidelines at the Quip game once the blue&white copter landed? The Quips looked like they hardly had enough for a 2-deep and the Dallas Cowboys had twice as many. I’m in awe of that town’s culture and I’m from that area. Yeah, maybe a little recruiting from across the river with the guardian relatives thing, but holy cow.
Agree. First thought Quips should be playing the TEP.

…..and Quips should in reality be playing the Fort’s opponent. Lol, but did everyone see the two sidelines at the Quip game once the blue&white copter landed? The Quips looked like they hardly had enough for a 2-deep and the Dallas Cowboys had twice as many. I’m in awe of that town’s culture and I’m from that area. Yeah, maybe a little recruiting from across the river with the guardian relatives thing, but holy cow.
Agree. First thought Quips should be playing the TEP.
The 2 things that separates Quip from 99% of the state is they have talent and they have a community that is intense about football and these kids are exposed to that intensity and expectation at a young age. There are some communities that are just as intense but don't have the talent. There are some that have the talent but there are no expectations. Quip has both.

Reactions: singregardless
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT