ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Big Noon Saturday

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I realize they are making a mint off it by putting their #1 game at noon but fans hate this.

The way it works is that noon belongs to Fox, 3:30 belongs to the ABC (SEC), and primetime also belongs to ABC but more of a split with ABC, NBC, and Fox all showing secondary games.

PSU fans hate noon.

I realize they are making a mint off it by putting their #1 game at noon but fans hate this.

The way it works is that noon belongs to Fox, 3:30 belongs to the ABC (SEC), and primetime also belongs to ABC but more of a split with ABC, NBC, and Fox all showing secondary games.

PSU fans hate noon.

For some unfathomable reason the Nits think they are special and shouldn’t get a start time they don’t like. Waaa waaa waaa

When I go to games I love the noon kickoff time. That said, I get any fan that feels noon is a lame time for a huge game. For an elite game like Michigan-Ohio State, screw it and go head-to-head with ABC or CBS with a 3:30 or 8:00 pm kickoff. A decent non-rivalry game that is mildly interesting like WVU-Penn State is fine at noon.

For an elite game like Michigan-Ohio State, screw it and go head-to-head with ABC or CBS with a 3:30 or 8:00 pm kickoff.

I am pretty sure the Michigan - Ohio State game has never been played later than 3:30. And it's only been played even that late a time or two.

Noon isn't terrible if you're watching on TV, it's an excuse to start drinking earlier typically from the comfort of your own home. I'd agree though that it is definitely an inferior product to attend, the hoopies are big mad about that game being at noon.

Noon isn't terrible if you're watching on TV, it's an excuse to start drinking earlier typically from the comfort of your own home. I'd agree though that it is definitely an inferior product to attend, the hoopies are big mad about that game being at noon.

It goes against common college football fan reasoning. Usually the best games are at night but Fox puts its #1 game on at noon.

I felt the Brawl last year was really really tame. No issues with WVU fans. Maybe it was just too many years because it didnt have that same feel. However, I didn't like it being at night because I thought they'd be all drunk and rowdy. We've played them at night like 10 games in a row down there and only at night up here a couple times.

Noon games suck.....especially September and October. Weather's nice, yard work/gardening is still in play. Kids sports are still active then. And Fox taking all of these games and sticking them at Noon, gives primetime games like Utah vs Colorado. Sorry, would rather see Alabama and Texas. Worse, for half the country these games are morning starts. Especially now with these coast to coast conferences. Television is eating their own golden goose.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I am pretty sure the Michigan - Ohio State game has never been played later than 3:30. And it's only been played even that late a time or two.
Every tO$U fan I know ( and I know a lot of them), likes the noon start for this game. It is part of the tradition. Lots of brunch home viewing parties here in Ohio on that day. Most folks here make a full day of it. 10am brunch, game at noon, then the Iron Bowl and dinner.

Noon games suck.....especially September and October. Weather's nice, yard work/gardening is still in play. Kids sports are still active then. And Fox taking all of these games and sticking them at Noon, gives primetime games like Utah vs Colorado. Sorry, would rather see Alabama and Texas. Worse, for half the country these games are morning starts. Especially now with these coast to coast conferences. Television is eating their own golden goose.

I basically can never watch college football on TV at noon. Either at a Pitt game or youth sports. Fox gets great ratings though so its working. Better for them to have their primo game at noon then compete at 3:30 or 8.

Every tO$U fan I know ( and I know a lot of them), likes the noon start for this game. It is part of the tradition. Lots of brunch home viewing parties here in Ohio on that day. Most folks here make a full day of it. 10am brunch, game at noon, then the Iron Bowl and dinner.
Yes, but by then it is late November. Weather is not so nice. Most children sports like football, soccer seasons are done. That makes sense. Putting your best game of the week in September on at noon (11 CST, 9 PST) doesn't.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Yes, but by then it is late November. Weather is not so nice. Most children sports like football, soccer seasons are done. That makes sense. Putting your best game of the week in September on at noon (11 CST, 9 PST) doesn't.

They do it because they dont want to compete with the SEC at 3:30. It sucks for fans but makes sense.

@wvu noon? Bummer, they miss out on the full effect of Mountaineer world.
Noon games suck especially in person, you really can't drink all day, I like 4pm or later, you can party until bedtime and then just pass out, noon, it's over and it's only 4pm, I hate that

I basically can never watch college football on TV at noon. Either at a Pitt game or youth sports. Fox gets great ratings though so its working. Better for them to have their primo game at noon then compete at 3:30 or 8.
Living away from Pittsburgh I've very often DVR'd the noon Pitt games and then watch it 5-6pm, especially when my daughter used to play soccer on those days. It wasn't hard to avoid the score, I'd even wear Pitt gear, and nobody cares about Pitt here, so I'd never hear the score.

Also don't underestimate how horribly hot and miserable a 12:00 p.m. kickoff is in August. I've attended way too many week 1 games that have been unbearably sunny, hot, and humid.

OK......I love this. Penn State fans are freaking out on this. It is hilarious. Their OSU at Penn State game is being placed on Big Noon Saturday, while USC/Washington gets the prime time game that day.

Because of other Big Noon games PSU has scheduled, they now realize their likely "white out" night will be....Ilinois.

They are beside themselves. It is hilarious. I mean, they don't get it. When you sell your soul to television money, they own you. Ask the NFL. This is the perfect example of wanting your cake and eating it too.

All over social media, Nitters are whining.

OK......I love this. Penn State fans are freaking out on this. It is hilarious. Their OSU at Penn State game is being placed on Big Noon Saturday, while USC/Washington gets the prime time game that day.

Because of other Big Noon games PSU has scheduled, they now realize their likely "white out" night will be....Ilinois.

They are beside themselves. It is hilarious. I mean, they don't get it. When you sell your soul to television money, they own you. Ask the NFL. This is the perfect example of wanting your cake and eating it too.

All over social media, Nitters are whining.

Yep. Fox owns the Big Ten. They dont give a shit about white-out nights. They want their best games at noon. Cry and complain but there's nothing you can do. There will no longer be PSU/OSU or PSU/Michigan games in primetime.

Yep. Fox owns the Big Ten. They dont give a shit about white-out nights. They want their best games at noon. Cry and complain but there's nothing you can do. There will no longer be PSU/OSU or PSU/Michigan games in primetime.
And especially now with USC, UCLA, UW and Oregon, they have natural "prime time" matchups at night for the Big 10.

Good for the Big 10 (and SEC for ESPN) - but I'm not watching them. Wasn't watching last year, not watching this year.

If i go to a sat game at PSU, WVU, etc , i want noon so i can get home. I only like night games at PITT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT