ADVERTISEMENT

FSU is

NGPittCali

Freshman
Jul 14, 2019
Comfortably ahead of #6 Florida, on the road with 4 minutes left.

Someone said FSU was a lousy team. They are probably right and Florida is lousy too.

FSU over Florida, at Florida, by double digits. It's early in the season, things are uneven. Teams are figuring it out. Maybe other teams figure it out faster than us, but I'm not panicking at least until I have some turkey in me.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
FSU over Florida, at Florida, by double digits. It's early in the season, things are uneven. Teams are figuring it out. Maybe other teams figure it out faster than us, but I'm not panicking at least until I have some turkey in me.

Right, and obviously if you are going to be 1-1, you’d much rather have the ACC win, the better win. Everyone will have bad losses. It’s just so early.

FSU has 7-8 Top 100s on their team. They have a ton of talent. They always do. Hamilton gets talent and he coaches good defense but the offensive end lets him down. They are a good team.

Anytime you beat FSU it’s a good win. They are a totally legit program and will be a handful for the rest of the ACC as they proved today at Florida.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
No use disrespecting Nicholls either. Not surprised they won when you saw the collection of legit talent and athletes they had.

Reactions: JRPITT
Just disappointed Pitt didn’t execute in the final three minutes to win. Even going back to the great UCLA dynasty under Wooden when they won 88 games in a row, many wins came in the last three minutes. Even great teams regularly find themselves in games where it is hard to cause separation or establish dominance or may even find themselves trailing late. Their greatness comes from being able to execute with the game on the line and make enough plays to win in the final three minutes. Pitt didn’t do that against Nicholls but the opportunity was there and they will learn from it.

No use disrespecting Nicholls either. Not surprised they won when you saw the collection of legit talent and athletes they had.
Nicholls was picked to finish 11th out of 13 teams in the Southland Conference. I really wouldn’t call that team “legit talent.”

Based on the "eye test" that was a poor pre-season prediction, IMHO. Pre-season predictions are notoriously inaccurate especially for teams not in the prior years top 100 or so.

FWIW (not much), they are currently ranked at #2 in their conference by Sagarin and about #175. The #250 to #300 prediction pre-season for them by the various computer ranking systems seems to have been off.

We need to wait until about 10 games into the season before any meaningful strength conclusions about them or us can be made. At the moment, at least to me, having watched the game on TV, they look to be about middle of the pack among our 11 OOC opponents and a team we should have beaten by about 10 points.

Just disappointed Pitt didn’t execute in the final three minutes to win. Even going back to the great UCLA dynasty under Wooden when they won 88 games in a row, many wins came in the last three minutes. Even great teams regularly find themselves in games where it is hard to cause separation or establish dominance or may even find themselves trailing late. Their greatness comes from being able to execute with the game on the line and make enough plays to win in the final three minutes. Pitt didn’t do that against Nicholls but the opportunity was there and they will learn from it.

How about executing in the first 37 minutes so the last 3 don't matter...

I put the FSU/Florida game on in the background yesterday (wasnt really watching it) and they talked for a few minutes about Nicholls State and the Pitt game. Vitale said if they were picked 11th, that has to be an unbelievable league

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT