ADVERTISEMENT

Game 2 - Guess the Score

PITT 35
Browne + RB's + WR's + the player called Trick Play from FL will have a big day

NITTERs 21
Franklin wont handle the pressure well and revert to his NITTER rookie year play calling HC form

That clueless look!
It was the clapping I can still hear it! All day, all night long clapping! I justed wanted to slap that Narduzzi man!
th

Last edited:
Reactions: freddietee511
PSU 38 PITT 21 I am trying to be pragmatic , hope I'm wrong.

Really, really wish Whitehead, Aston and Moss were going to be out there. I guess Moss potentially will be out there. But, yeah, I can't even fathom Pitt holding PSU under 40. I do think Pitt's O will look pretty potent and Pitt will make a splash play on special teams.

PSU 42
Pitt 31

Reactions: freddietee511
31 PSU - 21 Pitt

I think the game is surprising low scoring (relatively). Would love to see those numbers flipped

I have concerns that this team will have issues scoring. I hope last week was vanilla on purpose, but the OL and running game seem lacking with the losses from last year. As a result our passing game will struggle even more than it would with a new QB. And no defensive coordinator worth his salt will let Henderson beat him with sweeps with no other formidable threats. Throw in a shaky new kicker ... ugh. Opponents are apt to have the ball often too, which is a bad thing for a struggling defense.

In short, PSU is likely to win big. And they will look to pour it on. It might look like a mid-90s game unfortunately. 56-7.

Reactions: richmin3
I'd love to see that Pitt win. But, yeah, I can't believe we're seeing predictions with PSU scoring anything under 35. PSU's offense is better right now than it was last year at this point. Pitt's D will be better than it was last season, but it will likely be worse in the second game. Oh, yeah, no Whitehead or Wirginis out there. And, yeah, PSU scored 39 last year.

Pitt will have control the hell out of the ball and/or PSU will have to turn it over 3+ times for me to start believing anything under 30 for PSU.

Not since 1988 but I hope we can keep it respectable as 1999. 35-20. We beat the spread because PSU is using subs in final 10 minutes.

Hope if our OL gets settled and we minimize turn-overs with our younger running backs. Offense must rule the day for Pitt to win this game.

From the beginning of the YSU game, Pitt was not going to open the playbook and give PSU a thing, even if that meant losing.

Talent goes to PSU, but coaching helps Pitt and that'll keep it close most of the game. PSU having Barkley/Trace is too much though for Pitt to handle.

Back and forth game, PSU 52-Pitt 38.

To be fair you can't even judge pitt yet,we have no idea who they are,if last week was vanilla than it's not fair to judge yet, no one expected pitt to be as good last year after the first game,I mean who predicted us to beat Clemson and Psu,and could have beat OKS

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
actually, i can judge narduzzi and his defense at this point.

To be fair you can't even judge pitt yet,we have no idea who they are,if last week was vanilla than it's not fair to judge yet, no one expected pitt to be as good last year after the first game,I mean who predicted us to beat Clemson and Psu,and could have beat OKS

PITT: 27
PSU: 45

PITT makes this a game for 3 quarters, keeping it within 1 score.

Really hope I'm wrong and the staff on both sides of the ball were holding a lot back. The offense is going to have to keep up the scoring pace if the defense is as porous as it was last weekend in the second half.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
45-30 Penn St.

Will need 3 or 4 turnovers from them to win this game. I'm hoping to see a close game late, stadium will be dead silent

Penn State 45 - Pitt 13 Penn State offense is as good as advertised, defense is better than people think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT