ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Slant, Out, test downfield repeat. Every team could do this to Narduzzi’s version of quarters if they have an accurate QB.

H2P

Seen this movie many times.
And I don't have faith in this defense. I don't have faith in this coach.

Who the hell calls that play on 4th and 4?
I will say that the secondary is giving me flashbacks to Narduzzi’s first few seasons where he stubbornly kept the corners pressed up in single coverage.

But, let’s see what they can do. They did good facing adversity last week and Pickett is back in. Get a score here, get a three-and-out on defense, and it’s a whole new game. Do I like what I’m seeing? No, but not time to panic… yet.

If your gonna play this scheme at least teach your corners proper technique to take inside slants away. Awful. Getting Bowling Green vibes

Right now Western Michigan is

running better,
throwing better,
play calling better,
covering better,
tackling better
blocking better,
coaching better.

Am I missing anything?

Reactions: PittPoker
After 7 years, I have come to the conclusion that Pitt’s press man defensive scheme isn’t conducive to consistent success. Aggressive teams can have their way even against talented corners. Even if not, there’s usually an easy pass interference penalty to be had.

Reactions: boseman7
Against Michigan this team had 191 passing yards, a decent chunk of that in garbage time.

Today they already have 183 after slightly more than 1 quarter.

I will say that the secondary is giving me flashbacks to Narduzzi’s first few seasons where he stubbornly kept the corners pressed up in single coverage.

But, let’s see what they can do. They did good facing adversity last week and Pickett is back in. Get a score here, get a three-and-out on defense, and it’s a whole new game.
W Mich has 13 first downs and we still have most of the 2nd qtr to play. They are going to blow us out.

This defense stinks. The OL and OC stinks. We beat UT at Knoxville and then get blow out when we are a 14.5 pt favorite?

This is not acceptable.

This team gave up over 599 yards to Michigan and we can't get a first down. PITT is making up for it by looking terrible on defense.

Right now Western Michigan is

running better,
throwing better,
play calling better,
covering better,
tackling better
blocking better,
coaching better.

Am I missing anything?

No, got it all covered
After 7 years, I have come to the conclusion that Pitt’s press man defensive scheme isn’t conducive to consistent success. Aggressive teams can have their way even against talented corners. Even if not, there’s usually an easy pass interference penalty to be had.

And this is Western Michigan doing this M A C

We don't have the athletes to play it. That's obvious but our staff does not see that.

Reactions: boseman7
I think the secondary is fundamentally sound. There’s just not a lot of guys in the backend that are going to wow you at the combine.

Narduzzi’s defenses asks a lot, physically, of the secondary. And they aren’t that physically talented.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT