ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Better but let's not forget that drive was continued thanks to big mistakes by W Michigan.
And we still don't have a clue on how to stop their offense.

Reactions: pittpitt
Vital to get a couple stops - I think if we can, we get it rolling downhill towards the game we were hoping for.

If they played cover 2 man that would stop a lot of this WMU offense but they are in this weird cover 1 with safeties either roaming or taking backs. Its bizzare

I will say that the secondary is giving me flashbacks to Narduzzi’s first few seasons where he stubbornly kept the corners pressed up in single coverage.

But, let’s see what they can do. They did good facing adversity last week and Pickett is back in. Get a score here, get a three-and-out on defense, and it’s a whole new game. Do I like what I’m seeing? No, but not time to panic… yet.
Got a score and a three-and-out… whole new ballgame! ;)

All because of the PI on 3rd and forever, without that we’re in big trouble. Now it’s a new game and we have all the momentum, that deep ball should be there all day, hopefully it loosens it up for the run game somewhat.

With Pickett playing the QB position as well as anyone right now... There is no excuse for the lack of a running game. Whipple needs to make the running game a threat, or no QB is going to be able to handle a half decent defense.

Reactions: mike 301
Pickett made some good throws. He is a darn qood qb who we will dearly miss next year.
Can this defense make a stop without relying W Michigan making mistakes?

Stupid for coach to get a penalty and we kick from the 20. Just foolish to put it kindly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT