ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread

Who didn't see this coming? When we were a "bubble" team and all, it was like "Really"? Who really wanted to watch this team in the NCAA tournament?

Exactly what we've been watching all year. Lousy shooting, lousy basketball IQ, No heart or fight. Just dumb and dumber, no hustle, no shooters, can't make FT's when you have to, can't make layups, can't get a rebound on either end.

This team was impossible to get behind and like all year. Good riddance!

You telling me you saw a 47-43 game coming?

Where do we start with the comedy of errors?

Mike Young fouling his own player on what would've been the game winning shot.

James Robinson missing his final 11 shots.

Pitt blowing a 12-point lead at the end of the first half.

Ryan Luther playing 4 minutes... Ododa playing 15. Maddening.

Jamie coached horribly.
We scored a lousy 43 pts, embarrassing.

I don't know what is more telling, JRob's terrible shooting % or the mere fact that one of our worst shooters had to take that 15 shots, 5 more than the next highest player. We actually ran a number of offensive plays specifically for him down the stretch????

Really have to question Dixon on the above plus playing Ano so much. We were dying for some offense from anyone and he offers zero in that regard. Not like he was offering any better defense on their big guy??

Which was odd, because they only had 7 of them for the whole game.
It was hyperbole.

They had all 7 in the second half.... plus 4 missed shots that Pitt fumbled the rebounds out of bounds..... for a total of 11 second chance possessions in the second half.

Where do we start with the comedy of errors?

Mike Young fouling his own player on what would've been the game winning shot.

James Robinson missing his final 11 shots.

Pitt blowing a 12-point lead at the end of the first half.

Ryan Luther playing 4 minutes... Ododa playing 15. Maddening.

Jamie coached horribly.

I saw several plays today and yesterday where the point guard actually fed the guy flying down the lane with the result a basket +1.

What did Wisconsin shoot as a team percentage wise?? They couldn't have been much more then 35 percent. It's hard to lose a game when the opposition shoots that poorly. I agree that Dixon needs a salary cut or something. He is the 3rd highest paid coach in the ACC and for the team to play that poorly and be one and done is simply not good enough.

Oh wait until next yr when we have uva unc miami and cuse for 8 games.

It was hyperbole.

They had all 7 in the second half.... plus 4 missed shots that Pitt fumbled the rebounds out of bounds..... for a total of 11 second chance possessions in the second half.

You know what, the stats on CBS must not include team rebounds, because Billy just read different rebounding numbers than the web site has us for. He said they had 12 for the game.

By the way, when Wisconsin misses a shot and Pitt fumbles it out of bounds that IS a rebound for Wisconsin.

As much as I'm not surprised by what I just saw, it's still frustrating an embarrassing as hell. Like I said before, this team came out with zero fire. Zero. I watch so many teams in the NCAAT fighting like hell. Scrambling for balls. Having that look in their eye that they want it. We look aloof and scared.

Let's face it. This bunch backed their way in this year and really had no business being in the Dance this year.

Wow hard to lose a game when the opposing team shoots that poorly. That's poor coaching and just poor leadership overall. Dixon really needs to take a lot of shit for this loss. He had a lot to do with it.

Well we only made 37.5%, so it's not like we were much better.

And Syracuse who Pitt beat three times is probably going to be in the sweet 16 as they get to play Middle Tennessee instead of Mich St.

If they get the same MTSU effort that MSU did, Cuse will be going home too. I don't know if MTSU faces a 2-3 zone in their league, but based on what I saw today, I think they'll handle it just fine.

I'm not going to jump on Pitt - I had them winning this on almost every bracket - but you guys have every right to be blowing fuses. That was a simply awful performance and very poorly coached.

And yes, it does look like WVU is going down hard. With the RMU women going up against UConn, it looks like the only hoops around here this weekend will be the Duquesne women.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT