ADVERTISEMENT

Hamlin doesn't make 2 deep

He is still healing at this point. Hopefully he gets completely healed. He did show some promise last year and looks to have gained weight.

I hope not because if he cant make a 2 deep in Week 1 with Whitehead out, he's not going to play enough to warrant wasting a year which could have been used as a redshirt.

The Two Deep will change over the next 3 weeks, once Whitehead, Wirginis, Bookser are back, and the injuries heal... will see less OR's, and more expected names on Two Deep.... Some of the names that made Two Deep are a result of staying healthy and completing a good camp... But when you start looking at those that will return from injury, then you will see, some of those second team names will slip down.... also when you start talking about putting your best players on the field, especially OL, DL.... some of those names will shuffle in the other spots....

jeebus cricks... HE IS INJURED!

Why write a post like this... almost as bad as the goof ball on the pg saying Ford didnt make the 2-deep... the true freshman who has been in camp for a week.

Reactions: paulbl99
It's sad when you see negative news and the BEST scenario is hoping that the guy involved is still injured. Otherwise, if healthy, it would mean he's merely a flop.

Add me to the list that has to hope for the first scenario ... And that they don't waste him for a few token plays in mid season, particularly if the team is heading nowhere by then.

Typical Pitt fortune.

If I had the time and energy I would go over to the southside with binoculars and see if he is actually practicing. Down time is frisbee time!

jeebus cricks... HE IS INJURED!

Why write a post like this... almost as bad as the goof ball on the pg saying Ford didnt make the 2-deep... the true freshman who has been in camp for a week.

As he has been for over a year. What is the point in having him play a few series in October or November? Just redshirt the kid and let him get healthy.

Seems pretty dubious, but this seems in keeping in the privacy and misleading of the local media. Which I'm fine with, likely to no surprise of any anyone.

And if he wins 8 games or more again, he can babble whatever he wants, no matter how untrue.

But when he (or any coach) has a flop of a season (or more), fibs (to keep it kind) can start to chafe.

Especially if you are a paying customer, taking the coach at his word and expect these high profile players (well, Aston and Hamlin anyway) to actually play, and they don't (or worse, see token ineffectual action that only aggravates their injuries...which seemed to be true of Hamlin last year). Might have lost either way but then you have that extra sense that the coach was a bit of a douche in what he facetiously claimed would happen.

I just hope in private he is being straight with the players and families themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT