ADVERTISEMENT

Have a Hunch About the Miami Date

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
Since these two schools should be the pre season favorites in the Coastal I have a feeling that when the schedule is released on Monday the game will be scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend with the winner advancing to the title game. In case you missed it the official schedules will be announced on this Monday at 7PM on the ACCN on their huddle show an will be a two hour special.I am sure we will get a Thursday night game as well perhaps the WVU game for September 1st Instead of the third. Find out soon enough.

I sure hope not, I'd rather know whether we are headed to Charlotte earlier than a week before the game, but unfortunately, the fact that we do not have a major rival to play on the last weekend of November makes this a very possible scenario, I would rather play Miami as early as possible, but we don't always get what we want. Should be fun to see the schedule when it comes out on Monday! H2P

Reactions: PittPanther76
If the ACCCG berth is still on the line there’s less chance of players opting out of the Miami game, so that’s one upside to playing them late.

Since these two schools should be the pre season favorites in the Coastal I have a feeling that when the schedule is released on Monday the game will be scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend with the winner advancing to the title game. In case you missed it the official schedules will be announced on this Monday at 7PM on the ACCN on their huddle show an will be a two hour special.I am sure we will get a Thursday night game as well perhaps the WVU game for September 1st Instead of the third. Find out soon enough.
Just as soon play someone the last game that has a semblance of being a rival. Miami has never been remotely considered a rival for Pitt. At least the Panthers and the ‘Cuse have a long history so give me Syracuse for the last game year in and year out. It can’t be Va Tech because they always play Virginia for their last game.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Just as soon play someone the last game that has a semblance of being a rival. Miami has never been remotely considered a rival for Pitt. At least the Panthers and the ‘Cuse have a long history so give me Syracuse for the last game year in and year out. It can’t be Va Tech because they always play Virginia for their last game.
Winning programs competing for the division championship can turn into a rivalry. SU stinks and plays in the other division. Hypothetically - if both teams have 9 or more wins and are playing for the Coastal, then it will be a big game.

Reactions: FireballZ
Pitt/Miami on ESPN playing for the Coastal title opposite the USMNT playing for a spot in the Round of 16 in the World Cup. Thanks 🇶🇦

I hope so on both accounts (Miami, WVU). That would be a great thing for the program and would put us at the center of the national stage.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
So the game in Quatar will be the same time as pitt at miami?

I am sure because it would be the worst possible scenario for American soccer to get a Saturday or Sunday game opposite the NFL or College Football. Hopefully it can be like a 10 AM game

Nailed it !

Reactions: DORT
Sixth time we finish the year against Miami since we joined the ACC. Six out of ten years or six of nine if you take out COVID year.

Playing Miami late is actually pretty common.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT