ADVERTISEMENT

Hayes for USWNT?

Only leading 5-0 60 minutes in. If Man U can get a touchdown here they are going to be in big trouble.
Maya Ramirez from Columbia has been a real beast. She’s unreal. I didn’t even know who she was when chelsea signed her to replace Sam Kerr. Not sure Columbia is a threat to anyone in the Olympics but 1v1 she’s tough.

Also Hayes said two weeks ago there was no chance Chelsea could win the title. Then Chelsea went on to score like 15 goals in 3 games to win the league by goal diff. She apparently knows how to push the right buttons.

Maya Ramirez from Columbia has been a real beast. She’s unreal. I didn’t even know who she was when chelsea signed her to replace Sam Kerr. Not sure Columbia is a threat to anyone in the Olympics but 1v1 she’s tough.

Also Hayes said two weeks ago there was no chance Chelsea could win the title. Then Chelsea went on to score like 15 goals in 3 games to win the league by goal diff. She apparently knows how to push the right buttons.
Or she’s full of shit like a lot of coaches. Like Saban pumping up some rag tag directional school.

Watching this USA match vs South Korea, I can’t imagine there’s a team in the world with the depth than we have as a whole.

Maybe there’s a team who is better 1 through 11. I don’t know.

Lily Yohannes, 16 years old, gets her first cap, and I was immediately stricken by the poise and calmness she had playing the 6. She looks completely unphased by any of this. Off the ball movement, poise on the ball, always picking out the right pass. Then she scores a goal in her first match. What a moment. But she looked great even before the goal. I guess playing at Ajax as a 15 year old helps.

Our attack is so deep. Can’t imagine a better front 3 than Swanson, Smith and Rodman, not to mention with Macario playing the #10. And then Lavelle and Horan in the midfield. Shaw is another good youngster in there.

Speaking of depth, is there more depth in competition in womens world football now than there is in men’s basketball and baseball? I feel like the argument can be made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT