ADVERTISEMENT

HCPN's great mistake....

cpc247

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2013
he forgot who he is. He is a defensive guy who wants to be pass happy (big time skill/athletes). If he would have focused on the run and not worried about "balance" we probably would be still effective with running the football and that would have won at least 2-3 more games give him a 9 win season and probably a 4 and 0 start this year. Needs to think more realistic and stop dreaming he is going to be last years LSU. Nasty def that passes. Needs running game because we are not getting 5 stars. Lucky to get top local talent Boyd, Shell, and Hayes (I am sure being teenage parents....heavily contributed to staying home as documented). We need to be as effiecent as possble and that is running the ball. Imagine if we ran the triple option the last 2 years. We would probably be better off given the defensive talent we have.

H2P but we gotta be smarter from a big picture perspective

It's easier to get skill players than serious OL, that's why G5 teams get good with wide open pass offenses, plus if you feature a wide open pass game, you get way better skill players because they want to run and gun and not run out the clock with grinding offense.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
It's easier to get skill players than serious OL, that's why G5 teams get good with wide open pass offenses, plus if you feature a wide open pass game, you get way better skill players because they want to run and gun and not run out the clock with grinding offense.

I agree, but I believe HCPC was a good example of being able to get OL and Feature backs with a "system". Which gives a chance at top linemen. WR are a dime a dozen compared to RB/OL. Plus Pitts ability to get Top QB is almost impossible, but if they would look at UCF running game with running QB. That has a chance.

Great knowledge post by you. I just don't agree its the best fit for Pitt even though it is a viable method.

I agree, but I believe HCPC was a good example of being able to get OL and Feature backs with a "system". Which gives a chance at top linemen. WR are a dime a dozen compared to RB/OL. Plus Pitts ability to get Top QB is almost impossible, but if they would look at UCF running game with running QB. That has a chance.

Great knowledge post by you. I just don't agree its the best fit for Pitt even though it is a viable method.
Agree, but if you get a college style running QB, who can throw and run out of some spread offense, instead of pro style, you can probably get better WR and the little RBs we have could be more effective than trying to run downhill with a power running game. UCF can pass pretty well too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT