ADVERTISEMENT

Heather has been quiet, too quiet...

ND is trying to get $75 million a year from NBC as the contract is up after this season. The Irish aren’t giving Heather the time of day if she asked for it.

Now it is clear why she and the school hustled to break ground on that place, suspiciously much, much earlier than Pitt usually moves on things. She knew the gravy train was about to leave the station.

If she waited a little longer and lets say they were going to vote on it next month, I dont think it passes. I always said they have to make sure football and basketball are taken care of before spending that much money on Olympic sports facilities. Now, no one could have foreseen all of this but its also not unpredictable. Pitt may still end up in a good place but there's way too much uncertainty to be wasting money on volleyball.

Reactions: sherepower
In regards to conference realignment, there’s really only two things she can do:

- Communicate via backchannels with the Big 12, Big Ten, and SEC to see if there’s a spot available for us
- Work with other non-M7 ADs on a contingency plan in the event the ACC loses multiple schools. We need to have multiple expansion candidates ready to go

Last edited:
Now it is clear why she and the school hustled to break ground on that place, suspiciously much, much earlier than Pitt usually moves on things. She knew the gravy train was about to leave the station.
I actually thought the same thing in another thread a few weeks back. It’s best to get an athletic facility upgrades done ASAP while there is still a reliable revenue stream coming. In today’s world of collegiate athletics, you never know how much longer it’ll be coming in.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Heather doesn't have many bullets in the gun right now. The ACC is going to be the next domino to fall, and FSU is going to lead the implosion.

he has conditions on his favorite college team.

when he turns 30,,,,,,

Last edited:
She's been working hard to curry favor with Catholics. Do you think it's a coincidence Sinead O'Connor hit the transfer portal right as realignment picks up in NCAA football?!? Heather's henchmen work in mysterious ways. Notre Dame will join the Big 10 and demand we come along at not only full share, but a little bit extra. It's coming any day now. The Vatican has agreed to pay our exit fees to the ACC.

I doubt she's been quiet. She just hasn't been public. If that's the case, she's smarter than many of her peers.

Expansion has always been an arena filled with public media manipulation and lies. As almost everything we hear always ends up being nonsense, right on up to the money figures and other various contract terms.

Anyone in a position of authority who speaks publicly about these issues is putting themselves at tremendous risk with zero to be gained.

Last edited:
The Pac 12 imploded because their TV contract was up, they waited too long to sign new one with Fox, and they had no GOR. I don't care how much Florida State and/or Clemson cry the ACC isn't imploding until at least 2032-2033 at the very earliest. And BTW the money the PAC12 teams are getting isn't any better than the ACC now anyway. And the chances of their being even bigger payouts in future contracts is not happening. With all the cord cutting the next round of deals won't be better and they might be worse. I didn't always believe it. But its obvious the ACC ESPN TV contract and GOR will save it for at least the next decade.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
After demonstrating that she is the most effective AD in decades, after winning a national award for such effectiveness,

There are some people on here that question her abilities to navigate this ship.

I would be upset/concerned if she came out publicly and spoke about this stuff

The idea that we havent heard a word tells me she is guiding the athletic department in the best manner possible and not panicking

She doesn't need to say anything. She knows the volleyball arena will land us in a good spot. Terrific investment!
Yeah, it'd have been better to drop $700 million on a football stadium so that we'd have the best home field in the MAC the year the stadium was completed.

I doubt she's been quiet. She just hasn't been public. If that's the case, she's smarter than many of her peers.

Expansion has always been an arena filled with public media manipulation and lies. As almost everything we here always ends up being nonsense, right on up to the money figures and other various contract terms.

Anyone in a position of authority who speaks publicly about these issues is putting themselves at tremendous risk with zero to be gained.
THIS….

People continue to underestimate Heather and Pitt. Even Pitt fans. I’ll bet everything I own that she’s not doing nothing.

After demonstrating that she is the most effective AD in decades, after winning a national award for such effectiveness,

There are some people on here that question her abilities to navigate this ship.

The idea that we havent heard a word tells me she is guiding the athletic department in the best manner possible and not panicking
Well said!

Expansion has always been an arena filled with public media manipulation and lies. As almost everything we here always ends up being nonsense, right on up to the money figures and other various contract terms.

Many of the ADs and Presidents are influenced by big donors and they are obligated to talk about their wishes and happenings.

Being Quiet is just good business sense!

Reactions: Chescat

Great post H2P

In regards to conference realignment, there’s really one two things she can do:

- Communicate via backchannels with the Big 12, Big Ten, and SEC to see if there’s a spot available for us
- Work with other non-M7 ADs on a contingency plan in the event the ACC loses multiple schools. We need to have multiple expansion candidates ready to go
It's not her job to do anything like that for the ACC.

100% looking to find a landing spot.

Past that make sure HCPN is happy and has everything he needs, then do the same for HCJC and hope he continues to turn things around, then, even if it doesn't move the needle much keep Olympic sports moving forward, and continue to build support and fundraising overall.

Pitt should agree to give in to the appointed BoT political demands in exchange for Penn State helping Pitt get into the BIG with the same deal as Oregon.

But that's not ever happening. We will eventually be in some Frankenstein version of the Big 12.

Yeah, it'd have been better to drop $700 million on a football stadium so that we'd have the best home field in the MAC the year the stadium was completed.

That would have been better than a $300 million MAC volleyball arena. The place will be live when Bowling Green and Northern Illinois roll into town.

This; well said

True. But the AD does the initial groundwork and lays the foundation. After that as you said it’s above her pay grade. The big wigs make the final decision…
Utahs AD had no clue they were even invited into big 12.

Like I said, all if this is handled well above her pay grade.

Personally, I don't care what she is doing (or not doing) particularly in public. The only thing that matters are the results. After all the dust settles is Pitt in a better or worse position that we are right now? Navigating these tricky waters is why she gets paid the big bucks.

Cruzer

Many of the ADs and Presidents are influenced by big donors and they are obligated to talk about their wishes and happenings.

Being Quiet is just good business sense!
A wise man once told me “you never learn anything while you are talking.”
Heathers job isn’t to soothe the minds of the nervous ninnies of the world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT