ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lyke meeting with press

I like that color combination. I'd just like to see them get away from the generic gold that half of college football wears. The Navy blue is a good look and make for great merchandise.

Old Gold and Navy is approximately the colors of the below sweatshirt available at the Pitt Shop (which was sold out for long time over the this past holiday season).

276-478181-1.jpg

And has always been the colors of Pitt's Varsity Letter jacket.
My fav combo and historically accurate as well. And more appealing for real world apparel. Just make throwbacks that resemble the 1976 uniforms (which seemed to be these colors with the Script and stripes most like) and be done with it. Dunno why that wasn't what was done in the first place.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Does no one understand the concept of branding at Pitt? They need to stop changing colors and logos each time a new AD is hired. Can you imagine Texas or Tennessee changing their orange? How about North Carolina switching to Navy Blue? Someone needs to adopt and official color and logo and stick to it. Build around that and not change it every time the ad changes. Personally I like ke royal and yellow because it easily recognizeable. It seems like half the schools out there use navy and old gold.

Does no one understand the concept of branding at Pitt? They need to stop changing colors and logos each time a new AD is hired. Can you imagine Texas or Tennessee changing their orange? How about North Carolina switching to Navy Blue? Someone needs to adopt and official color and logo and stick to it. Build around that and not change it every time the ad changes. Personally I like ke royal and yellow because it easily recognizeable. It seems like half the schools out there use navy and old gold.

The other thing about the 2 examples you gave is that they have distinctive color schemes. Hell UNC uses "Carolina Blue".

The other thing about the 2 examples you gave is that they have distinctive color schemes. Hell UNC uses "Carolina Blue".
How about Ohio State scarlet and grey or Miami's orangeand green? Michigan's Maize and Blue? Syracuse orange and navy? LSU purple and gold. Yes I picked the most distinctive schools but most schools stick to one color.

They need to stop changing on go to Pitt's classic uniform. Basically every top brand in college football has a classic look and rarely wears alternate uniforms (though we've seen it recently with UM and OSU). Pitt rolled out the new uniforms and the only thing people cared about was the script as the uniforms themselves were blah. Bust out the throwbacks and they are all over the ESPN and other websites getting talked up. That's the benefit of wearing them once or twice a year, but it also shows the strength of the brand when you see that uniform, you know it is "Pitt football." The current uniform doesn't achieve that, IMO.

most schools stick to one color.

Of course they do. Only Pitt is stupid enough to keep making changes when they've had better options for decades now. It is really unbelievable how stupid these decisions have been.

They need to stop changing on go to Pitt's classic uniform. Basically every top brand in college football has a classic look and rarely wears alternate uniforms (though we've seen it recently with UM and OSU). Pitt rolled out the new uniforms and the only thing people cared about was the script as the uniforms themselves were blah. Bust out the throwbacks and they are all over the ESPN and other websites getting talked up. That's the benefit of wearing them once or twice a year, but it also shows the strength of the brand when you see that uniform, you know it is "Pitt football." The current uniform doesn't achieve that, IMO.

Everyone is wearing alternates and multiple combos lately.

Even the top brands.

How about Ohio State scarlet and grey or Miami's orangeand green? Michigan's Maize and Blue? Syracuse orange and navy? LSU purple and gold. Yes I picked the most distinctive schools but most schools stick to one color.

Right, we should pick a color that stands out too. Either mustard or the bright yellow and keep it the same for 25 years.

Reactions: TIGER-PAUL
Everyone is wearing alternates and multiple combos lately.

Even the top brands.
That is true but either they or one off type of uniforms or they stick to the brand standards. They keep the same colors logo. Even schools like Maryland or Oregon have a consistent branding that appears on their uniform. For Oregon they always have the O or the distinctive green or bright yellow colors. Maryland it always the same red, black and yellow with the Maryland flag.

They are not always changing color shades and changing logos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT