ADVERTISEMENT

Hello Panthers

Personally, a series with an elite team in the SEC would be fantastic. I'm not sure what LSU gets out of it, but I'd be all over that

Reactions: Swervin27
Would be tremendous. Pitt has never played against LSU (I don't think).

I'm a fan of LSU and as such would like opinions about a home and home series between the two schools. Would like to see a four game series with two games at Heinz Field , one game at Tiger Stadium and one game in the Superdome. What say you?
That would be fantastic for Pitt, if they aren't going to play PSU, but I don't see any reason LSU would want to play Pitt in that scenario. I'll be marrying into an LSU booster family, so it would be fun for me.

Well Pitt was talking to Auburn about a series before PSU set one up so I don't see why not,Pitt has been hitting Louisiana for recruiters so it would make sense

I'm a fan of LSU and as such would like opinions about a home and home series between the two schools. Would like to see a four game series with two games at Heinz Field , one game at Tiger Stadium and one game in the Superdome. What say you?

Sounds great to me. Have always wanted to see a game in your stadium, and any trip to New Orleans is always a bonus. Sign me up! Doubt your school would be interested, but if you have any pull--go for it! Hail to Pitt!

Would an SEC team come to the North without a dome?
The game would be in September. LSU just played in Wisconsin. They have played at WVU. They have played at Washington.

Our fans continually don't get this, when they argue about SEC teams not "coming north", but most of those fans don't have any interest in going to play at the northern schools. There are very few that actually benefit the programs via strength of schedule boost and most are not places their fans are real interested in visiting. Combine that with the fact the schools can get huge checks to play neutral site games in cities that have many more of their alums, where they can get easily, and where the teams recruit, and it makes almost 0 sense to play 80% of the B1G or ACC northern schools.

I don't see how this would be smart business for LSU, but it is potentially great for Pitt, as long as they don't have more than 1 more OOC P5 opponent in those years.

Nice idea, but I'd be very surprised if this would happen. No offense intended, but most Southern teams can't even locate Pennsylvania on a map, let alone want to come here to play.

LSU did recently have a home and home with WVU. That's pretty damn close to Pittsburgh. Had a home and home with the Orange even more recently than the WVU series too. It could definitely happen. I'd love it.

Welcome, in order for Pitt to comeback to being The Best it must Play and beat The Best! LSU is and has been one of the Best the last 3, 5. 10, and 16 years. Pitt is still Rebuilding. Yet, it would make a great a Game in the future. It would give LSU a chance to provide the gratitude being the first Team in CFB History to earn National Championship since Pitt upset WVU 13-9, enabling LSU to be in the BCS NCAA Bowl Game. Great School LSU!

I-A Winning Percentage 2013-2015 (3 years)
22 Louisiana State 0.710%
66 Pittsburgh 0.538%

I-A Winning Percentage 2011-2015 (5 years)
10 Louisiana State 0.769%
69 Pittsburgh 0.507%

I-A Winning Percentage 2006-2015 (10 years)
7 Louisiana State 0.770%
51 Pittsburgh 0.554%

I-A Winning Percentage 2000-2015 (16 years)
4 Louisiana State 0.769%
43 Pittsburgh 0.572%

Pitt has so little done and so much more to do one way to improve is play LSU!

Last edited:
Reactions: quippitt
I would love it but you could count the times a deep south team came north of the Mason Dixon on one hand. Your Tigers have always been my favorite team from the south though.

I would love it but you could count the times a deep south team came north of the Mason Dixon on one hand. Your Tigers have always been my favorite team from the south though.
Not unless you were born in the middle of Chernobyl.

Really like this idea. I like all the big time P5 matchups we have scheduled, but this would take it up a notch. Pitt could even break out some more throwback uniforms for the Superdome game, as it would be the first time they played there since the Sugar Bowl in 82. Definitely in favor of this.

All for it, do you guys have alligators running around your stadium? I must watch too much tv!

There isn't much incentive for a SEC team to play up North, but they probably play there a lot more than many people percieve.

LSU just played at Syracuse last year. Florida & Tennessee have also played at Syracuse. I know Tennessee has played at BC & Rutgers. Bama recently played a home and home with PSU and played a home & home with the Nits throughout the 80s. LSU and Auburn recently played at WVU. LSU, Bama, and Tennessee have all had home and homes with Notre Dame.

Not in the SEC, but Texas recently played at tOSU & the Horns were our home opener in 1994.

Doesn't Pitt and Tennessee have a home and home coming up soon?

Yep. And they'll be the first SEC team to play at Pitt while a current member of the SEC. (S. Carolina played at Pitt during the time period when they were an indy for football).

Sounds great to me. Have always wanted to see a game in your stadium, and any trip to New Orleans is always a bonus. Sign me up! Doubt your school would be interested, but if you have any pull--go for it! Hail to Pitt!
Mr. Pitt-girl is headed to their game vs. MSU in October with his brother and some friends. I can't go because of a conflict with a family event, but I think it would be a blast. Had a client in Gulfport so I had a condo down there for a couple of years. LOVE New Orleans.

Mr. Pitt-girl is headed to their game vs. MSU in October with his brother and some friends. I can't go because of a conflict with a family event, but I think it would be a blast. Had a client in Gulfport so I had a condo down there for a couple of years. LOVE New Orleans.
LSU plays MSU this Saturday...Mr. Pitt-girl has some splainin to do...

LSU did recently have a home and home with WVU. That's pretty damn close to Pittsburgh. Had a home and home with the Orange even more recently than the WVU series too. It could definitely happen. I'd love it.
That was the game where WVU fans pulled a pregnant woman out of her car and roughed her up.

Been to LSU for a game. great tail gaters, great game environment. and antoine's and galitoire's new orleans. count me in; make it happen.

A night game at lsu is pretty much a college football fans bucket list, that and Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT