ADVERTISEMENT

Holgy to Houston

Can’t say I’m shocked, but a little surprised. I really thought he would use this to get more money out of WVU.

Can’t say I’m shocked, but a little surprised. I really thought he would use this to get more money out of WVU.
He has wanted to get out. The buyout dropped to 1 million today. Not surprised on my end.

giphy.gif

West Virginia University cares about the facade of Football and Basketball .

What makes you think that is an attractive job? Holgy was only 33-30 in conference that's much worse than PN record.

He wanted out.
Was the only fish in A small backwater puddle of a town to a major metropolis with all kinds of fish.
He can do whatever he wants - no one will really care - or pay attention.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
How about Panther Lair start a collection and pay Holgy to take Watson with him or if that doesn't work, pay WVU to take Watson as their next HC.

The Dude has been spinning this up for days but any way you cut it, WVU just lost their coach to a G5 program.
Yeah not a good look for wvu. I think that wvu was kind of on the fence about him before last year. And this coming season looks like a tough one. I don't think he would have been fired after 2019 but he would have been on the hot seat if their season went the way most expect it will go. In houston he will have 4 years at a pretty good salary. You would think he could have gotten a P5 job but my guess is holgy wants to be back in TX and houston is going to pay p5 money.

Boy, wvu fans are more delusional than pitt fans. They are actually happy Holgorsen is gone. They are trashing rich rod as well.

The fact wvu has had as much success as they have is pretty amazing. They might learn a hard lesson in wanting to run off a coach like pitt basketball fans did.

Reactions: Pittx9
WVU paid HCDH well for eight years and invested money and time to his development and allowed him to mature. They did not get the results they thought they were paying for, and when HCDH came to them at the end of this year to ask for extension and guarantee, big, money they said no. DH found a wealthy UH doner who would cut a check at a G-5 program. Let’s be clear no P5 program would sniff him. Good for him, and good for WVU. Now WVU needs to find a excellent replacement. How many Pitt fans would be sad to see HCPN leave in 5 years if he essentially is performing as he is now. Can’t win big games, late season melt downs. Can’t quite get the DC or OC right. Side line temper tantrums. Uninspiring recruits and recruiting classes. To DH credit, player seem to like him, few displine problems and graduated them. Time will only tell who did or did not make the right decisions, hopefully both did. WVU risk is the hired coach will most likely be in place till the GOR expire and perhaps conference realignment.

WVU paid HCDH well for eight years and invested money and time to his development and allowed him to mature. They did not get the results they thought they were paying for, and when HCDH came to them at the end of this year to ask for extension and guarantee, big, money they said no. DH found a wealthy UH doner who would cut a check at a G-5 program. Let’s be clear no P5 program would sniff him. Good for him, and good for WVU. Now WVU needs to find a excellent replacement. How many Pitt fans would be sad to see HCPN leave in 5 years if he essentially is performing as he is now. Can’t win big games, late season melt downs. Can’t quite get the DC or OC right. Side line temper tantrums. Uninspiring recruits and recruiting classes. To DH credit, player seem to like him, few displine problems and graduated them. Time will only tell who did or did not make the right decisions, hopefully both did. WVU risk is the hired coach will most likely be in place till the GOR expire and perhaps conference realignment.
Well said!Dana wanted x amount of money or he was leaving,Lyons said here's what your getting so Dana's leaving.Lyons wasn't going to give Holgy what he wanted because of his results.Maybe we'll get a better coach maybe we won't time will tell but Holgy's welcome was worn out.His high school recruiting was his down fall,he just wasn't a recruiter.I hope he does well in Houston because personally I liked the guy.

Just be careful what you wish for guys. You play in a conference that geographically doesn’t fit you and have no local recruiting base.
You’re sounding like pitt basketball fans circa 2011-2016 that thought they deserved final fours.

Boy, wvu fans are more delusional than pitt fans. They are actually happy Holgorsen is gone. They are trashing rich rod as well.

The fact wvu has had as much success as they have is pretty amazing. They might learn a hard lesson in wanting to run off a coach like pitt basketball fans did.
You got that right.
The big timers have so much more to offer than WVU.
Doubt they do better w same money but who knows maybe they’ll get lucky.

Like Holgy, a lot, but he is not Pitt material.
The eggheads couldn’t face their friends at cocktail parties and Ivy mixers.

Absolutely. Except, there should be more confidence that they'll hire with the intent to win, vs Pitt. At Pitt, it's usually every objective BUT that.

It’s pretty simple -$20MM in Houston or whatever in Morgantown? I like UH to the ACC during the next round of expansions. Large TV market with top end recruiting base. And an aggressive billionaire booster who has plenty of juice.

Did you just make that up?

He loves sticky buns and creamery by the cup.
Cited in SC several times a year.
Back at yah slick...I'm sure being a closet nitter you would creme your panties if Coach, for some unbelievable reason would take that position laughable......He's very happy and content in Tueskausa thank you!! Jump in Joe Morehead is your future!!

Back at yah slick...I'm sure being a closet nitter you would creme your panties if Coach, for some unbelievable reason would take that position laughable......He's very happy and content in Tueskausa thank you!! Jump in Joe Morehead is your future!!
You don’t have a clue.
Nitter lmao
It was sarcasm !!!!!

Hangover?

Check the net there is help

No clue.....lol lol !! Now that's funny

No clue ?? Right... lol..lol what a piece of work..ok yinzer !!
Dude I’m pulling your chain.
Wasn’t the line about sticky buns and ice cream a dead give away I was making fun of those asshole at State.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Reactions: JSSTartan and BFo8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT