ADVERTISEMENT

Horton

GomerTV

Freshman
Aug 16, 2001
Not gonna go Jalen Rose on you, but Horton to Arkansas is at least 80% per hearsay

Yes. That makes sense for several reasons. Last visit almost always means a player is more likely to go there. May not want to be merely insurance in case Johnson leaves early. Putting off decision for a week and a half to see if Arkansas takes him vs the Cleveland State kid.

So if this is the case Capel should tell the kid offer is only open for a couple days. Make the kid decide. This way if the kid waits and Arkansas takes the Cleveland St kid Horton has to go to plan B

Reactions: JRPITT
So if this is the case Capel should tell the kid offer is only open for a couple days. Make the kid decide. This way if the kid waits and Arkansas takes the Cleveland St kid Horton has to go to plan B
Then he ends up at Vir.Tech or somewhere else. The kid has more or could have, more than two options.

How does this in anyway help Pitt ? If they want this kid and they don’t have anyone else waiting in the wings for that spot why pressure the kid ?

Reactions: gary2
Then he ends up at Vir.Tech or somewhere else. The kid has more or could have, more than two options.

Exactly. Pitt isn’t in any position to try and strong arm anyone. I’m not saying Capel should roll over but he’s gotta walk a line. I’m sure ultimatums work at Duke, Kansas, etc but I can’t see that being an effective strategy right now.

Slightly OT- but Musselman must have an extremely understanding wife. He could have taken a job basically anywhere and decided to drag her to Arkansas.

I like Arkansas... it's an underrated state, especially if you like the outdoors. A lot of natural beauty there.

I like Arkansas... it's an underrated state, especially if you like the outdoors. A lot of natural beauty there.

It's consistently in bottom 2 or 3 states as the most miserable places to live (along with WV).

Yes. That makes sense for several reasons. Last visit almost always means a player is more likely to go there. May not want to be merely insurance in case Johnson leaves early. Putting off decision for a week and a half to see if Arkansas takes him vs the Cleveland State kid.
Last visit is great if the kid commits before leaving. This kid did not.
Exactly. Pitt isn’t in any position to try and strong arm anyone. I’m not saying Capel should roll over but he’s gotta walk a line. I’m sure ultimatums work at Duke, Kansas, etc but I can’t see that being an effective strategy right now.
If Arkasas is slow playing the kid, maybe Capel can stress he is a big priority for us. Let him know where he is more wanted.

The context also matters. We wanted him to visit unofficially - the last day he could do that was Sunday. If he visited on July 1 or later, it has to be an official visit. Instead, the kid paid his own way to come out here on Sunday to visit, which I think is evidence of interest.

To put it another way - we had the last official visit with Quinerly. Does anyone really think that JQ would have paid his own way to come out to visit Pitt unofficially after his Alabama official, given how everything played out there?

Slightly OT- but Musselman must have an extremely understanding wife. He could have taken a job basically anywhere and decided to drag her to Arkansas.
My wife would have said, "Oh, hell no!"

And that would be the end to that...

Reactions: gary2
I think the Arkansas visit was a smokescreen. Horton was going to Pitt from day one. This is being done to avoid any charge of tampering.

Just kidding.

And Mrs Nick Saban was taken away from the beaches and sunshine of south Florida to move to Tuscaloosa

You really think she's complaining?

And Mrs Nick Saban was taken away from the beaches and sunshine of south Florida to move to Tuscaloosa

You really think she's complaining?
She’s ruffing it out in 6 million dollar house and I’m sure the beach is just a private jet ride away !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT