ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE WIN

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
Wasn’t pretty at times. Some sloppy play at times and went stone cold to let NCst in the game

But man they stepped up and made the plays in crunch time. While Bub and Jalen show their inexperience at times you can see them improving each game.

Huge confidence builder and for the stretch run. Steal one against uva and the dance is within reach after a really tough start to the ACC

What’s cool is that I had complete confidence in our guards to sink those free throws down the stretch.
Game ball to Jaland Lowe but overall two big keys to the win:

1. Free throws. Like you said, our guards making them down the stretch. Add in the 18-6 advantage in points from the line. And our 18-20 performance from the FT line, which is far from typical for this team.

2. Also related to our guards, a good job inbounding and not turning the ball over under the pressure down the stretch. Again, something we haven’t always been good at to close out games. But they are really coming around such that I feel confident once they get it inbounded to Bub or Jaland.

Keep the ball in Lowe's hands and everything will be fine. This is a similar situation that we had with guards like Brandin Knight or Levance. Complete confidence that the ball will be handled well. He is approaching Sean Miller level. The best part is that Lowe has the ability and talent to be so much better than either Knight or Fields.

Keep the ball in Lowe's hands and everything will be fine. This is a similar situation that we had with guards like Brandin Knight or Levance. Complete confidence that the ball will be handled well. He is approaching Sean Miller level. The best part is that Lowe has the ability and talent to be so much better than either Knight or Fields.
Lowe is better than Miller.

Lowe and Carrington are players - as someone mentioned, they are starting to mature. There was never a question about their games - just took a minute to get used to the college game. Really happy for Lowe being from my area.

Lowe and Carrington are players - as someone mentioned, they are starting to mature. There was never a question about their games - just took a minute to get used to the college game. Really happy for Lowe being from my area.
with a year of additional maturity and strength training they will be special next year. Thats the thing that is missing in their games that will allow them to be consistently dominant.

Reactions: 303vND
Composure down the stretch was the most enjoyable part for me. There were several times where I thought this could get away, but they continued to answer. Solid and enjoyable win.
Yeah TBH when NCst tied it late I thought they were going to blow it. They way they maintained their composure was impressive

Reactions: 303vND
Yeah TBH when NCst tied it late I thought they were going to blow it. They way they maintained their composure was impressive

Along with this, it is mighty impressive by our 2 freshmen to continue to make free throws at such an Elite level home or away.

Carrington and Lowe are sitting at 89% and 86% from the free throw line the last 6 games now, 4 of which were on the road.

At the start of the season, we had significant trouble making free throws as a team. These 2 have really stepped up to the plate in this area and we have needed this Elite free throw shooting to win some of these games.

Reactions: 303vND and pittbb80
with a year of additional maturity and strength training they will be special next year. Thats the thing that is missing in their games that will allow them to be consistently dominant.
YEP!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT