ADVERTISEMENT

How about a champions league thread

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Come on you Blues!
Chelsea champions of Spain. Now can they be champions of Europe??

Crappy ass Arsenal coulda made it a 4 for 4 between Champions League and Europa League.

I think City gets it over Chelsea. A little revenge for Chelsea pushing them out in FA Cup semi’s.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Crappy ass Arsenal coulda made it a 4 for 4 between Champions League and Europa League.

I think City gets it over Chelsea. A little revenge for Chelsea pushing them out in FA Cup semi’s.
I mean, you gotta give City the edge in coaching, in goal, in the midfield, and they are more clinical in the attacking 3rd. So by those measurements it wouldn’t seem Chelsea has a chance. Lol.

but Chelsea is not the team thats 19 points behind City in the standings either. We are now solid in goal, solid in the back, Kante is on another planet in the midfield right now, and it’s not like we are void of talent in the attack. Anything can happen in one match.

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I saw Arsenal played with such a complete lack of urgency. A 1-0 win gives them the tie, and they played like as if they just couldn't be bothered.

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I saw Arsenal played with such a complete lack of urgency. A 1-0 win gives them the tie, and they played like as if they just couldn't be bothered.
I didn’t watch either. But what could have prompted arteta to sub off Aubameyang for Willian when they desperately needed a goal? I’m asking but I really don’t care. Has Arsenal ever been less relevant?

I’m rooting for City because of Pep. If not for him, it would be a horrible choice between a team owned by a pro-Putin Russian oligarch and one owned by an Arab royal family.

I was in London in the late 1970s. Stayed in a dorm room at Imperial College, which is in South Kensington two blocks from the Victoria and Albert Museum and the National History Museum. $5 a night. Bathroom down the hall. Shower room at the end of the hall. Spent a lot of time in Chelsea which Twiggy had made famous then. Met a waitress at a cafe which served good American-style burgers. It was an early sports-type bar with banners, stickers and photos all over the walls. Not a Steeler item anywhere. The house across the river in Clapham which she shared with 4 other people was festooned with Chelsea banners. She was bummed out because they had just lost to Fulham, their arch rival back then. Times have changed!

I have good memories of my time there. But, I still will root for Pep. My Barça ties run deep and Pep is the epitome of what La Masia has produced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT