ADVERTISEMENT

Hugley commitment date

PSN posted he is down to K-State, NC State and us. No word on if he is keeping K State visit this weekend.

Was hoping for better news
A recruit setting his commitment date on the heels of back to back weekends where he visited the same school is typically very good news for that school.

I think it's very likely he's already decided (on Pitt), he's just announcing it in a couple of weeks. Maybe October 18th is a date that means something special to the kid or his family, or it's his school's homecoming weekend, or something.

A recruit setting his commitment date on the heels of back to back weekends where he visited the same school is typically very good news for that school.

I think it's very likely he's already decided (on Pitt), he's just announcing it in a couple of weeks. Maybe October 18th is a date that means something special to the kid or his family, or it's his school's homecoming weekend, or something.
You are probably right, still would have liked a more immediate "public" announcement.

It makes sense. If the kid was still seriously considering KSU, he would have waited to announce his commit date until this time next week.

I would expect to see the straggler NC State CB's on 247 start to flip in Pitt's favor over the next week or so and to start to see NC State turn up the heat on some of their other target bigs. This one seems over. H2P!

DT put our chances at 95% I think. I have to believe DT, and would always lean DT over SMF. Everything looks real good for Hugley to Pitt. Now if we can keep RJ away from Marquette and my most hated program of all-time, North Carolina, we are going to have a monster class!

That is absolutely right on!

Reactions: 88Pitt88
DT put our chances at 95% I think. I have to believe DT, and would always lean DT over SMF. Everything looks real good for Hugley to Pitt. Now if we can keep RJ away from Marquette and my most hated program of all-time, North Carolina, we are going to have a monster class!
You forgot Timberlake...

I also despise UNC...but Notre Dame is ever so close to that top spot too!

Reactions: 88Pitt88
I also despise UNC...but Notre Dame is ever so close to that top spot too!
I don't hate the Irish on the hoopcourt. However, I hate Notre Dame football more than anything. My hate for their football team is right up their with my hatred for the Philadelphia Flyers or the Baltimore Ravens. They are an overated bunch living off the past, that has their own network(NBC) to kiss their ass every Saturday. I enjoyed their participation in the College Football Playoff, when Clemson beat the snot out of that overated bunch.

if we landed Timberlake, Collier, Hugley, Davis -- we have the 3rd best 2020 class right now in the country behind only Duke and Kentucky and just ahead of Virginia.
At this point this is my dream class. As a loooong time Pitt fan I have no reason to expect this to happen. But I can always dream.

He looked winded...gotta work the baby fat off him
Take a look at his pics from 2017 to now. This kid was over 300lbs just a few years ago. It’s not easy losing that kind of weight in high school. Kids like that usually become beasts in college. I have to admit, I was skeptical when we first started recruiting him. But, I now see a pretty skilled big with a lot of potential.

Davis got 2 crystal balls to Marquette this week
I only see one in favor of Marquette from the Wisconsin writer. There's only one total on Rivals - Corey Evans has it on Pitt - and three total on 247 - 2 for Pitt, 1 for Marquette.

Take a look at his pics from 2017 to now. This kid was over 300lbs just a few years ago. It’s not easy losing that kind of weight in high school. Kids like that usually become beasts in college. I have to admit, I was skeptical when we first started recruiting him. But, I now see a pretty skilled big with a lot of potential.
Rozelle Nix says hello

Yes, but how could anything top Duke. Living in the area, I've heard many personal stories about how much of a prick Coach K is to ordinary people.

Wouldn't be terribly surprising giving his military background - and having Bobby Knight as his mentor. He's a prick to most of his players. He sees it as a way to get their attention and motivate them. If you have little kids and go to a Duke game, absolutely do not sit anywhere near the Duke bench.

He also has a positive side to him. He cares about his players. He'll fight for them. He'll encourage them. But, I get that if you're in the spotlight every move and every comment is going to be judged and scrutinized. I don't agree with all of his tactics, but he's a heckuva coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT