ADVERTISEMENT

I’m sorry CV.

Considering the competition, CV has been much better than PJ.
It's still terrible. Pitt has 2 wins and one of those was against a high school team. Pitt needs MUCH better from the QB just to make it back to being a .500 team let alone an perennial 8-9 win team.

It kills me when people bring up Flacco. Not one person batted an eye when he left Pitt. No one had even seen him play. But he goes to lowly Delaware, playing against low level teams and have a good few years. But still not a peep out of Pitt fans, until he go pro and win a couple super bowls. Now he is in every post about QBs.
I did. I asked multiple players who were on the team “ why isn’t Joe Flacco allowed to compete for the # 1 job”? They said he was too laid back lol….But they all said his arm was nice and when he did play he would be good…..I also asked about Luke Getsy too lol

And he reminds me of how I saw that Joe Flacco could be a pro quarterback, and be better than Palko, but Walt Harris never gave him a chance to beat him out at practice.
You do realize Flacco wasn't that good in his 1st year at Delaware either - right? Prior to Delaware, 2 NFL QB coaches came to the conclusion that he wasn't ready to beat out Palko in Harris and Cavanaugh.
Great quarterbacks often times are awful in practice.
Can you name some "great" qbs who are known to be awful practice players? Yeah me either..

You do realize Flacco wasn't that good in his 1st year at Delaware either - right? Prior to Delaware, 2 NFL QB coaches came to the conclusion that he wasn't ready to beat out Palko in Harris and Cavanaugh.

Can you name some "great" qbs who are known to be awful practice players? Yeah me either..
Ben Rothlisberger was notoriously bad in practice. Kurt Warner, Tua, Peyton Manning…..now most of these guys use practice to actually get ready for the game and so they push the limits. A lot of players learn how to “ go thru the motions “ rather than compete to get better. Cam Newton was also a bad practice player along with Joe Burrow. It takes live in game reps to show what some of these guys can do. Anthony Morelli was a practice Hall of Famer……but in game it didn’t translate because in practice often times real pressure isn’t simulated and some guys believe it or not get better when live bullets start flying. I can’t explain why but it happens for some guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT