ADVERTISEMENT

I am not sure what’s worse

TJOlsen

Walk-on
Sep 13, 2017
Pickett obviously was playing on one leg down the stretch and he couldn’t move in the pocket and freely gain open yards on the ground. That’s a big part of his game and with the banged up ankle we were limited big time.

That being said Whipple continued to keep him in the game and our offense was obviously hindered. Not sure what worries me more. Dod the coaching staff made a blunder and have an undying support for Kenny and kept him in the game playing at 70% capacity, or is Kenny playing at 70% is our best option right now, it doesn’t speak well for next year or the future.

Also I think it is worth mentioning that our secondary is overhyped and Twyman was a bigger loss than most expected.

Pickett obviously was playing on one leg down the stretch and he couldn’t move in the pocket and freely gain open yards on the ground. That’s a big part of his game and with the banged up ankle we were limited big time.

That being said Whipple continued to keep him in the game and our offense was obviously hindered. Not sure what worries me more. Dod the coaching staff made a blunder and have an undying support for Kenny and kept him in the game playing at 70% capacity, or is Kenny playing at 70% is our best option right now, it doesn’t speak well for next year or the future.

Also I think it is worth mentioning that our secondary is overhyped and Twyman was a bigger loss than most expected.
Everyone (apparently minus one) knew what a loss Twyman was. Mathis too.

I don't think the secondary is all that special either, a lot of open receivers and they get beat deep. Pitt should be good in 2023, belated April fools

Reactions: pbrad
Everyone (apparently minus one) knew what a loss Twyman was. Mathis too.

Hmmm...you expected the loss of Twyman to result in Pocket stability of 5 to 10 seconds on a consistent basis for opposing teams when we brought back Weaver and a relatively healthy Camp at the being of the year?

How about the fact we couldn’t pick up a first down unless it was a broken play with a hobbled Kenny running around

he WAS the entire offense

Hmmm...you expected the loss of Twyman to result in Pocket stability of 5 to 10 seconds on a consistent basis for opposing teams when we brought back Weaver and a relatively healthy Camp at the being of the year?
When has Camp been anything other than reputation.

Kancey is already playing better than Camp ever has.

Reactions: BFo8
When has Camp been anything other than reputation.

Kancey is already playing better than Camp ever has.
You never really answered my question, but Camp showed flashes his freshman year and has only played in a total of 8 games in 2018, 2019, and so far 2020 because of injuries...what type of production do you expect from a young man who has played 8 games in his last three years due to injury?

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Ok - Answering your question

Pocket stability of 5 to 10 seconds - sure - playing some other game on some other planet

As I said, Camp is inconsequential

The loss of Twyman wasn't. Twyman was a force inside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT