ADVERTISEMENT

"I don't believe we can win now."

Well, can't disagree. We can lie to ourselves all we want, but we have minimal talent on offense. And the d line is completely depleted. Just not a good team right now. Don't know how this gets fixed without some wealthy donor bailing us out, either. Otherwise, it will just be some perpetual cycle where any young talent we develop leaves.

Well, can't disagree. We can lie to ourselves all we want, but we have minimal talent on offense. And the d line is completely depleted. Just not a good team right now. Don't know how this gets fixed without some wealthy donor bailing us out, either. Otherwise, it will just be some perpetual cycle where any young talent we develop leaves.

That's exactly where the football program is at. It's a developmental programs for others to pick off talent

That's exactly where the football program is at. It's a developmental programs for others to pick off talent

Sad, but true. Feels like we finally clawed our way to respectability and success within a system that was stacked against us... and the second we got there, the whole thing does another shakeup to ensure that we never get there again.

You almost have to just laugh at it. What else can you do?

You almost have to just laugh at it. What else can you do?

ANSWER:
You go out and bring in a replacement or two from the same portal
that took him away. I know, I know....I'm making it seem overly simplistic.
This is where we are today, it happens, and happens elsewhere, not
only at Pitt. So, Duzz's task now is to suck it up and bring in better.
And THAT, is exactly what a good AD would tell his/her head coach.

Last edited:
Class act on the way out from a woman beater. I'll bet Narduzzi is glad he stuck by this slime ball. I guess talent will always supersede everything else is sports.
The program will be better off with him in the long run if he feels like that.

There are 2 kinds of people. Ones who believe that anything can happen and that they can make a difference and others that have a loser mentality and like to blame others.

I think there’s more to this than that. If he felt that way why wait until after spring camp ? I think this may be a case where the coaches were tired of him taking plays off (I believe Duzz and company have made public comments about him taking plays off) and there was a mutual parting of the ways.

They brought in the kid from Kstate and Clemson and have some up and coming kids at DE so I’m not sure he’ll be as missed as some think. He’s been more hype than production

Well….Since the end of the season, Alliance 412 and Hayes made a deal and Hayes said he was coming back. Then, he renegotiated with Alliance 412 and got another deal.

Seven times on his Twitter yesterday he posted H2P. Today he wants to transfer.

My guess is he wanted to renegotiate again and they told him no. So he’s going to walk….

His cover story is, he doesn’t believe Pitt can win. It sounds better than they wouldn’t renegotiated with him a third time….

See ya…

I think there’s more to this than that. If he felt that way why wait until after spring camp ? I think this may be a case where the coaches were tired of him taking plays off (I believe Duzz and company have made public comments about him taking plays off) and there was a mutual parting of the ways.

They brought in the kid from Kstate and Clemson and have some up and coming kids at DE so I’m not sure he’ll be as missed as some think. He’s been more hype than production

Why? Because the transfer portal opens in 42 minutes.

how would you describe the Clemson and KState players? Production over hype?

Well….Since the end of the season, Alliance 412 and Hayes made a deal and Hayes said he was coming back. Then, he renegotiated with Alliance 412 and got another deal.

My guess is he wanted to renegotiate again and they told him no. So he’s going to walk….

His cover story is, he doesn’t believe Pitt can win. It sounds better than they wouldn’t renegotiated with him a third time….

See ya…
Finally, somebody nails it. The "sky is falling" crowd has been out in force, as have those attacking Hayes' character (although apparently not an issue if he's wearing our uniform). This is today's college football, and Pitt doesn't have the resources of many other programs. They have to allocate and make difficult choices. The price tag got too high on this one. Nothing more to it.

See ya…
this is the story I've been told as well.

Dude was an average player in the 5 years he was here.

Like 2 weeks ago he said the complete opposite

I urge everyone to listen to Peaks Monday night podcast on this

He had not one but two NIL negotiations in December… then he turns around pulled this stunt crapping on the team on his way out?

4 sacks last year?

Great teammate… buh bye

Like 2 weeks ago he said the complete opposite

I urge everyone to listen to Peaks Monday night podcast on this

He had not one but two NIL negotiations in December… then he turns around pulled this stunt crapping on the team on his way out?

4 sacks last year?

Great teammate… buh bye
So how long must one stay in a job to be a good teammate/employee after getting a raise? If someone offered you a major raise at a more successful company you would turn it down because in December you negotiated a raise? People never judge coaches or employees for leaving for a job that provides them more money or better work environment, so why do people think it wrong for an athlete to do the same thing?

Last edited:
So how long must one stay in a job to be a good teammate/employee after getting a raise? If someone offered you a major raise at a more successful company you would turn it down because in December you negotiated a raise? People never judge coaches or employees for leaving for a job that provides them more money or better work environment why do people think it wrong for an athlete to do the same thing?

this is the story I've been told as well.

Dude was an average player in the 5 years he was here.
Had a great game or two, overall was average at best. Great recruit but never made it to the level of Haba or Alexandre let alone the guys that were high impact guys. They can live without him at the price he was getting paid, let alone what he allegedly was asking for.

So how long must one stay in a job to be a good teammate/employee after getting a raise? If someone offered you a major raise at a more successful company you would turn it down because in December you negotiated a raise? People never judge coaches or employees for leaving for a job that provides them more money or better work environment, so why do people think it wrong for an athlete to do the same thing?
So you think he deserves (checks notes) 3 raises beyond the point of time his season was effectively over..?? This was since December….All of this over other players who deserve to be paid as well? Not just football either but any sport?

Sorry nope. I don’t

So you think he deserves (checks notes) 3 raises beyond the point of time his season was effectively over..?? This was since December….All of this over other players who deserve to be paid as well? Not just football either but any sport?

Sorry nope. I don’t

Hayes should absolutely try to make as much money as he possibly can this season because there's no guarantee he'll make an NFL roster. If someone out there wants to pay him a few hundred thousand more than we want to, then he would be stupid not to take it. He has basically just this year to max out his earnings unless he improves his draft stock.

I have no issue with players leaving for more money. My issue is with the system. These players need to be employees with contracts. If Hayes signed a 1 year deal last December then he is "stuck" here unless we trade him and yes, I think trades should be allowed once they become employees.

I think this may be a case where the coaches were tired of him taking plays off (I believe Duzz and company have made public comments about him taking plays off) and there was a mutual parting of the ways.
I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up this fact. He was notorious for taking plays off. I as never a fan of his because he would make a play and then disappear.
And we all know who else follows this playbook… he just entered the portal as well,

I don't know.

Reports from the spring game were that there were a lot more negative reactions from Bell and some of the players during the game than you would expect.

He and Deshields were there through the last two seasons when the offense was disjointed, Slovis was painfully bad and the QBs were pretty much a $hitshow last year.

End of the day, gotta believe that they are going out for more $, but the final nail very well could be them not wanting to have the offense hold the team back again.

I know people want to make it personal, and Hayes has been slow to develop, but he was one of the best players in the country at getting pressure on QBs last year. He just did not finish. I know I was expecting him to be a double digit sack guy who made a lot of big plays this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT