ADVERTISEMENT

I just noticed Kentucky is #17. Didn't we lose recruits to them?

A

anon_vmuicqnzlyp3u

I recall us losing several good recruits to them. Well after knocking off Miss St. they come in at 17 and have a great chance a 9-10 season

I recall us losing several good recruits to them. Well after knocking off Miss St. they come in at 17 and have a great chance a 9-10 season

They are a small dog at home against a good South Carolina team tonight but they are definitely trending up.

I guess you could say it shows the benefits of sticking with a coach, as there have been rumblings about Stoops’ job over the last few seasons. Still not convinced he can keep it going after this year, but this season at least the schedule is very favorable.

Yes, sticking with a coach is important unless he truly stinks. Kentucky recruiting is very comparable to Pitt's, and in a tougher conference.

Yes. Yes we did. We’ve lost recruits to Purdue and Louisville as well and they’re not any good. Schools lose recruiting battles to one another.

I've got relatives in Kentucky and we visited UK a few years ago. Very nice campus and town (Lexington).

Does anybody know how many different assistants stoops has had? Did he eventually get it right?

30-36 verses 23-19
#31 verses #34

If Stoops is a "very good" recruiter how is almost the exact same recruiting result by Narduzzi not "very good" in your mind?

I know, I know facts have no place on a message board.

Stoops is not a good coach, but a really good recruiter.

Narduzzi has proven to stink at both. Big difference.

30-36 verses 23-19
#31 verses #34

If Stoops is a "very good" recruiter how is almost the exact same recruiting result by Narduzzi not "very good" in your mind?

I know, I know facts have no place on a message board.

The 2 classes carrying the teams now.

2014:
UK #17
Pitt # 44

2015:
UK # 35
Pitt # 65

Reactions: anon_vmuicqnzlyp3u

2014:
UK #17
Pitt # 44

2015:
UK # 35
Pitt # 65
I’m pretty fed up with narduzzi at this point, he’s certainly proving to be an awful game day coach with his unwillingness to do anything other than trot a 4-3 defense out there. And I’m definitely not happy with his recruiting.

But.... 2014 he wasn’t even here and 2015 he had just taken the job. Kudos to stoops for bringing in a really good 2014 class, but comparing those two years is essentially pointless.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
That's funny. If only Pat was on Pitt's staff in 2014 you might have a terrible point (and 2015 being a transitional class); instead you should simply admit your point was idiotic, misguided and completely nonsensical.

2014:
UK #17
Pitt # 44

2015:
UK # 35
Pitt # 65

I would say that at this point Dino Babers of Syracuse is a better recruiter and a better coach than Narduzzi. Pitt has consistently recruited better than Syracuse, yet they are 4-0 (with a win against FSU) and beating Clemson at half-time. That tells me, that it's not the talent on the roster as much as it's poor coaching and development.

They are a small dog at home against a good South Carolina team tonight but they are definitely trending up.

I guess you could say it shows the benefits of sticking with a coach, as there have been rumblings about Stoops’ job over the last few seasons. Still not convinced he can keep it going after this year, but this season at least the schedule is very favorable.

This is the key. Stoops has a below .500 record at UK so far. If you're at a program long enough, you're going to take advantage of the odd year where you have the right amount of experience and talent and your opposition is down.
If this is the beginning of a new era under him, it possibly shows the benefits of sticking it out with a coach. But if this is just a one year blip on the screen and they go back to losing to Southern Miss and the 2017 Florida Gators next season, then it doesn't mean anything.

Yes. Yes we did. We’ve lost recruits to Purdue and Louisville as well and they’re not any good. Schools lose recruiting battles to one another.

We lost recruits to Cuse, BC, Rutgers as well under Duzz. Awful. He hates to recruit , why won't we take his own word for it?????

I've got relatives in Kentucky and we visited UK a few years ago. Very nice campus and town (Lexington).
I was recruited by Kentucky out of high school. Great campus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT