ADVERTISEMENT

I liked College Football more before...

PittCity

Freshman
Mar 9, 2018
message boards and recruiting rankings and stars for recruits.
1- Never had to be dissapointed when a so called super star that everyone wanted didnt pick Pitt , and
2- The instant over reaction to everything. Fire this guy , he sucks, this guy is the greatest , blah blah blah. Everyone is a scout now.

carry on ....

1- Never had to be dissapointed when a so called super star that everyone wanted didnt pick Pitt , and
2- The instant over reaction to everything. Fire this guy , he sucks, this guy is the greatest , blah blah blah. Everyone is a scout now.

carry on ....

How can you watch 2nd half collapse after 2nd half collapse and think things are peachy?

Reactions: pbrad and Ski

carry on ....
Ignorance is bliss

I dont think things are good, just that if we get rid of him, things will get worse , like they always do with Pitt.
College football is like MLB, unfair and BS.

If some of you cannot see that this program under Narduzzi is clearly on a downward trajectory I do not know what to tell you.

Reactions: Ski and Jpripper88
I dont think things are good, just that if we get rid of him, things will get worse , like they always do with Pitt.
Yep. It's not the getting rid of a subpar guy, that's easy ... it's making sure you replace with an upgrade. The latter is traditionally Pitt's problem.

If some of you cannot see that this program under Narduzzi is clearly on a downward trajectory I do not know what to tell you.

Hopefully you are being sarcastic because of the original post. PITT under Narduzzi is not on a downward trajectory.

Hopefully you are being sarcastic because of the original post. PITT under Narduzzi is not on a downward trajectory.
It's certainly not headed upward. His defensive scheme and inability to adjust is the laughingstock of the ACC.

Had a conversation with a friend yesterday. Pitt alum, casual fan, not the type who would read message boards. I told him that Narduzzi hasn't recruited well and there isn't much young talent on this team and the 2019 recruiting class is one of the worst in years and the trajectory is headed downwards. He said something like "if the trajectory is heading downward for a 6-6 program, we're going to be like 3-9." I said yes.

Narduzzi's poor coaching, hires, and recruiting are driving this program "back to the future."

Can they get worse?
Sure it can. Due to the buyout, and the recent Stalling and McDonnell-Cereal buyouts, Pitt (which finds football distasteful already, at least hoops is also a girl's sport) will want to pay max 1.5mil for his replacement. And pennies for assistants and recruiting. What do you think that'll get us?

It’s a good point. When I was a little kid (maybe a bit too little to really remember) the Pirates and Pitt had stretches where they were one of the top 2 or 3 programs/franchises over most of a decade.

Now because my city doesn’t have enough people and my school doesn’t have enough students, it’s hard to compete at that level and even harder to sustain it

And yeah....part of it is mismanagement....but the driving factor is not enough humans in the city and school (which is a good thing for a lot of things, just not sports where the playing field is unequal)

Sure it can. Due to the buyout, and the recent Stalling and McDonnell-Cereal buyouts, Pitt (which finds football distasteful already, at least hoops is also a girl's sport) will want to pay max 1.5mil for his replacement. And pennies for assistants and recruiting. What do you think that'll get us?
They cannot go cheap again. Yellow seats are already making the ACC nervous that we are a joke and aren’t committed. Our membership is dependent on financial commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT