ADVERTISEMENT

I really dislike being in the ACC

The top teams in the AAC do have a better shot at a NY6. Teams plural.

It's still very tough. Because even if you go 11-2 in the AAC (which I doubt Pitt would do), you can get passed over by a 12-1 Boise State or a 13-0 Western Michigan. You're competing against conferences you don't even play. Though yeah if you go undefeated from the AAC, you will very very likely get the G5 spot and still not sniff the CFP.

I've seen nothing from Pitt that gives me consistent hope we could go undefeated, or even 12-1, in the AAC, and that's what you have to do to make it to a mediocre bowl game. We're better off getting the much higher payout - what is it, $15m to $20m per year - and building an identity of winning the ACC Coastal.

UVA is going down after this year. Duke will never be anything. UNC has potential but an elderly coach. I think GT is in a good recruiting ground but they're years away from having enough talent and reputation where they're going to consistently succeed in the division. Miami can be good but is poorly coached. Not sure what VT is.

Everyone in our division has warts. We don't need to be flawless to do well here, just clean it up to the extent that we're a little prettier than the other homely gals. The ACC Coastal is like a Kazakhstani beauty pagent.

Heather has earned the benefit of the doubt -
She’ll make a move if needed as she showed by canning Kevin stallings with a big contract
As of now, no one really knows what Heather will do if PN continues with the ho-hum 7-win seasons. We know that will have no impact on game day attendance, we’ll still get the 35-45k attendance for average opponents, better for the prime opponents and less for the really bad opponents or later in the year after a couple Pitting performances totally frustrate the fanbase.

Heather canned Stallings because she had to. And it wasn’t as much about the on-court performance, way more because of the utter void of people in seats and the glaringly obvious disdain if not hatred by the fanbase that you’d have to be a complete fool to not know existed.

It will never get to that bad of a situation on the FB side with PN. So no idea what Heather will do if we keep treading water with 7-win seasons.

It will never get to that bad of a situation on the FB side with PN. So no idea what Heather will do if we keep treading water with 7-win seasons.

It's also hard to say because we don't know if his contract through 2024 is actually guaranteed money for that whole length or if Pitt can let him go early without buying it all out. It should be public information but I doubt we'll see a reporter take it to the state supreme court to find out.

As of now, no one really knows what Heather will do if PN continues with the ho-hum 7-win seasons. We know that will have no impact on game day attendance, we’ll still get the 35-45k attendance for average opponents, better for the prime opponents and less for the really bad opponents or later in the year after a couple Pitting performances totally frustrate the fanbase.

Heather canned Stallings because she had to. And it wasn’t as much about the on-court performance, way more because of the utter void of people in seats and the glaringly obvious disdain if not hatred by the fanbase that you’d have to be a complete fool to not know existed.

And if Heinz is likewise Empty a move will be made

And if Heinz is likewise Empty a move will be made
Well yeah, that’s the key. But like I said in my post, in my opinion attendance won’t change much.

If it does, we’ll see how much of a drop Heather will tolerate and for how long. If it doesn’t drop, then we’ll see how long she’ll tolerate negligible improvement in on-field results.

But maybe she won’t have to make any of those decisions because we’ll finally get that one breakthrough year where we don’t stub our toe in multiple winnable games and actually put together a 9 or 10-win season.

There should never be a bowl game in Detroit. If you have ever been there you would wonder how they ever have a bowl game. It is a crappy city mired in poverty and nothing to do. As to the selection a friend of mine who is a Maryland fan told me they were so happy to get out of the ACC as they always favored the Carolina, southern teams.

Heather has earned the benefit of the doubt -
She’ll make a move if needed as she showed by canning Kevin stallings with a big contract
If she really wants to make her mark at Pitt and move on to the next job that I’m sure she has in her long range sights, she has to do something about football. So far she gets a resounding incomplete for her work here. Capel was a shrewd hire nobody saw coming but it remains to be seen if he can get it done here.

Narduzzi isn’t getting it done and I don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. After 5 years his program seems disorganized and rudderless, underachieving and with no clear direction. If Heather is worth her salt she won’t put up with a whole lot more of that.

The ACC move has not been kind to Pitt’s revenue sports from a competitive standpoint, no matter how big the checks are.

There should never be a bowl game in Detroit. If you have ever been there you would wonder how they ever have a bowl game. It is a crappy city mired in poverty and nothing to do. As to the selection a friend of mine who is a Maryland fan told me they were so happy to get out of the ACC as they always favored the Carolina, southern teams.
Well rest assured Maryland doesn’t have to worry about being forced to go to any Bowl any time soon

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther

Given that Pitt is an 8 win team in the ACC, a constant stream of 7-5 probably keeps him safe, even if that is underachieving . It just means there’s no grace should everything go wrong and the team goes 5-7

Why would people expect us to walk into the AAC and start heading to the NY6 bowls?

We were in a conference essentially equivalent to the AAC for like 8 years and backed into the BCS once then allowed great programs like UConn and Cincy to beat us out for the BCS bid.

I've seen nothing from Pitt that gives me consistent hope we could go undefeated, or even 12-1, in the AAC, and that's what you have to do to make it to a mediocre bowl game. We're better off getting the much higher payout - what is it, $15m to $20m per year - and building an identity of winning the ACC Coastal.

UVA is going down after this year. Duke will never be anything. UNC has potential but an elderly coach. I think GT is in a good recruiting ground but they're years away from having enough talent and reputation where they're going to consistently succeed in the division. Miami can be good but is poorly coached. Not sure what VT is.

Everyone in our division has warts. We don't need to be flawless to do well here, just clean it up to the extent that we're a little prettier than the other homely gals. The ACC Coastal is like a Kazakhstani beauty pagent.

Lol. It's going to happen soon!

Why would people expect us to walk into the AAC and start heading to the NY6 bowls?

We were in a conference essentially equivalent to the AAC for like 8 years and backed into the BCS once then allowed great programs like UConn and Cincy to beat us out for the BCS bid.
What do you mean 8? They where in the Big East for over 20 years and never won it outright! I would be surprised if they would win 10 games in a season in the MAC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT