ADVERTISEMENT

I will not attack or undermine Coach Stallings as Pitt's coach

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
....until at least seeing how he does his job here. He has the right to be evaluated on his performance going forward.

His resume is not up to snuff for this job, in my opinion, but he's the coach now. He'll get his chance to succeed and I hope he wins big here.

It's not his fault he was offered a lifeline by Pitt as he was about to be fired from Vanderbilt. I would've taken the job too. Any of us would.

That same courtesy will not be applied to Scott Barnes. Because now we *HAVE* seen how he does his job. He now has a track record of how he goes about filling high-profile vacancies. And he does it badly, to say the least. He followed a process that was shady and incompetent. If he ended up with a winning coach, it was purely by accident.

But let's hope Scott Barnes had a happy accident.

But if I am Chancellor Gallagher, I am alarmed at how my new AD goes about doing his job.

As all the coaches hired by Pitt, I will support and defend Stallings from this day forward.

However, Barnes used up all the goodwill he has built up over the 8 months. He will have to start over.

His questionable method in which he went about his job gives me pause. It makes me wonder who would he have hired to replace Chryst had he been in charge? A retread? Schiano?

It makes you wonder...The process was very Pederson like...

As all the coaches hired by Pitt, I will support and defend Stallings from this day forward.

However, Barnes used up all the goodwill he has built up over the 8 months. He will have to start over.

His questionable method in which he went about his job gives me pause. It makes me wonder who would he have hired to replace Chryst had he been in charge? A retread? Schiano?

It makes you wonder...The process was very Pederson like...
Thank God it was Randy Juhl who hired Narduzzi.

If Barnes was the AD.... you're right... we would've had Schiano, or someone like that.

BRING BACK RANDY JUHL IMMEDIATELY!!

1000 TO 1 ODDS WE WOULD NOT BE LOOKING AT STALLINGS AS OUR COACH RIGHT NOW.

Just watched the press interview, I'd like to give this guy a chance but he bounced the question about Jeter and admitted he allowed a transfer to any school except Pitt. He's below 500 win % in the SEC. I hope he keeps Brandin on his staff. I guess we will find out if he or Barnes have the job still in 3 years but I'm hoping for the best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT