ADVERTISEMENT

If they can do this in Cincy…

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Just watched this hype video for the USMNT game vs Mexico tonight. And all I have to say is —if they can build this stadium for a freaking expansion MLS team, who can watch this without getting depressed for our lack of a football stadium?

Yeah can you imagine a 45 to 50,000 capacity on campus stadium where the fans are pretty close to the field? With the way the panther pitt has been bringing it that would be a great environment.

Imagine being a recruit, being on campus, and seeing a stadium lit up like that with a special message

I am in Cincinnati now after watching USMT game. Great game and really nice stadium. Only holds around 24,000.

Just watched this hype video for the USMNT game vs Mexico tonight. And all I have to say is —if they can build this stadium for a freaking expansion MLS team, who can watch this without getting depressed for our lack of a football stadium?

Wow, glad you brought this up. Just got back from the game and I was going to make a post about their stadium.

- Its in a neighborhood of Cincinnati that I would compare to like Bloomfield/Lawrenceville or South Oakland (without the university). There was no mass parking other than a medium-sized garage buily connected to the stadium. Everyone seemed to park on the street, as did I a few blocks from the stadium an hour before the game. Traffic was a breeze getting in and out which I couldn't understand because it was a neighborhood stadium with like no mass parking.

26K were at the game. A Pitt stadium would have to hold 40K-45K, so like 10-15 rows added to the top of FC Cincinnati's but they seemed to have done an amazing job with space. For instance, when I Google Earth'd the stadium, its not there yet. The Cincy equivalent to the South Side's Cupples Stadium is there which makes me wonder, how did they fit a 26K world-class stadium overtop a HS field and how did the city allow them to get that land?

The stadium was fantastic, nicer than Columbus. Just beautiful inside and out. The outside of it has those LED lights which look so cool, inside too. I would say its like a miniature NFL-quality stadium, whereas Columbus opted for the cheaper model. The concourse area of Cincy was too small, was like walking through a mosh pit, needed to be wider but maybe that's partly how they fit it there.

- Anyway, if Pitt ever considers a stadium in Oakland, they need to study Cincinnati's. I couldn't help but think this is exactly what Pitt could do......and for the millionth time, would it kill Cuban or Druckenmiller or someone else to look into the feasibility of a 40K seat Pitt/MLS stadium?

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Wow, glad you brought this up. Just got back from the game and I was going to make a post about their stadium.

- Its in a neighborhood of Cincinnati that I would compare to like Bloomfield/Lawrenceville or South Oakland (without the university). There was no mass parking other than a medium-sized garage buily connected to the stadium. Everyone seemed to park on the street, as did I a few blocks from the stadium an hour before the game. Traffic was a breeze getting in and out which I couldn't understand because it was a neighborhood stadium with like no mass parking.

26K were at the game. A Pitt stadium would have to hold 40K-45K, so like 10-15 rows added to the top of FC Cincinnati's but they seemed to have done an amazing job with space. For instance, when I Google Earth'd the stadium, its not there yet. The Cincy equivalent to the South Side's Cupples Stadium is there which makes me wonder, how did they fit a 26K world-class stadium overtop a HS field and how did the city allow them to get that land?

The stadium was fantastic, nicer than Columbus. Just beautiful inside and out. The outside of it has those LED lights which look so cool, inside too. I would say its like a miniature NFL-quality stadium, whereas Columbus opted for the cheaper model. The concourse area of Cincy was too small, was like walking through a mosh pit, needed to be wider but maybe that's partly how they fit it there.

- Anyway, if Pitt ever considers a stadium in Oakland, they need to study Cincinnati's. I couldn't help but think this is exactly what Pitt could do......and for the millionth time, would it kill Cuban or Druckenmiller or someone else to look into the feasibility of a 40K seat Pitt/MLS stadium?
That had to be one of the best events you’ve ever attended? I mean, one can live their whole life and last nights game could remain in their top 5? It delivered in just about every way possible and had to be the best experience for anyone in that crowd.

That had to be one of the best events you’ve ever attended? I mean, one can live their whole life and last nights game could remain in their top 5? It delivered in just about every way possible and had to be the best experience for anyone in that crowd.

I mean, yes.....but the stakes weren't as high as I am pretty confident the US is making the WC, so I wasn't as nervous and therefore, it takes some of the excitement and elation away. Also, soccer games are too short and the lack of time outs, replays, stats on the big screen, etc make it so you cannot enjoy the game as much as if it was spread into smaller doses with time to reflect on what you're witnessing. That's probably not the best way to explain it. Like last night, watching Pitt/UNC, it felt like a great 2.5 hour movie that you were satisfied with. Pitt/Mexico felt like a 1 hour episode of Game of Thrones. You wanted more.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I mean, yes.....but the stakes weren't as high as I am pretty confident the US is making the WC, so I wasn't as nervous and therefore, it takes some of the excitement and elation away. Also, soccer games are too short and the lack of time outs, replays, stats on the big screen, etc make it so you cannot enjoy the game as much as if it was spread into smaller doses with time to reflect on what you're witnessing. That's probably not the best way to explain it. Like last night, watching Pitt/UNC, it felt like a great 2.5 hour movie that you were satisfied with. Pitt/Mexico felt like a 1 hour episode of Game of Thrones. You wanted more.
Panama’s come back sucked for us. 1 point separates the top 3 and now Panama by virtue of securing 3pts from the jaws of defeat sits not far behind in 4th. No one wants that 4th spot. It would have been nice to have some distance between 3rd and 4th.

and if we don’t take care of business vs Jamaica, we are back to where we were in a state of uncertainty. That game won’t be easy.

Panama’s come back sucked for us. 1 point separates the top 3 and now Panama by virtue of securing 3pts from the jaws of defeat sits not far behind in 4th. No one wants that 4th spot. It would have been nice to have some distance between 3rd and 4th.

and if we don’t take care of business vs Jamaica, we are back to where we were in a state of uncertainty. That game won’t be easy.

Wow, down 2-0 in the 77th minute on the road and they win 3-2? The bottom 4 are really bad but I thought Panama would be in that group. I thought there was a big taleng gap between USA, Canada, Mexico and the bottom 5. I still don't think Panama can hold up over 14 games but they are hanging tough. I'd be pretty shocked if it wasn't USA, Mexico, Canada. The US does need a W in Jamaica and not a draw. Any idea if Jamaica's English players who have Jamaican ancestry are playing?

Wow, down 2-0 in the 77th minute on the road and they win 3-2? The bottom 4 are really bad but I thought Panama would be in that group. I thought there was a big taleng gap between USA, Canada, Mexico and the bottom 5. I still don't think Panama can hold up over 14 games but they are hanging tough. I'd be pretty shocked if it wasn't USA, Mexico, Canada. The US does need a W in Jamaica and not a draw. Any idea if Jamaica's English players who have Jamaican ancestry are playing?
Yes. I mentioned it in the other thread and figured you probably saw it. Michail Antonio scored a great goal last night for Jamaica, so Zimmerman and our back line will have their hands full. I’m really looking forward to seeing it. Zimmerman might make himself a boatload of money before his career is all said and done. Our next game will be a true test for him. As far as Leon Bailey, I haven’t looked but assume he’s playing.

Parking was horrendous last night in Cincinnat. We were 1 1/2 hours early and it took an hour of driving around passing lot after lot all full up before parking close to a mile away. Great game though. That stadium was was great, but it is only half the needed size for Pitt football. Seats were very small also.

Parking was horrendous last night in Cincinnat. We were 1 1/2 hours early and it took an hour of driving around passing lot after lot all full up before parking close to a mile away. Great game though. That stadium was was great, but it is only half the needed size for Pitt football. Seats were very small also.

I must have gotten there at the right time. 1 hour early. Only sat in traffic for 5 minutes going and leaving. How was your traffic on the way home?

Also, the stadium seats 26K. Pitt's stadium would probably seat between 42 and 45 so adding 10-15 rows to the upper deck doesn't make that stadium much bigger size-wise

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT