ADVERTISEMENT

Importance of the Miami game?

Its the difference between the Music City and Sun Bowl if that means anything to you
Any chance we go to that bowl game in Orlando?

If we win our last 2 and NC State loses its last 2.......Or if WVU falls to that bowl, I could maybe see them doing Pitt/WVU. It would depend on what they think they sell more tickets for: WVU vs 8-5/7-6 Pitt or WVU vs 8-4/7-5 NC State. NCSU had a good traveling fanbase and they are driving distance

Souf begs to differ with you on Pitt’s bowl possibilities.

Cmon man I rely on you for this kind of stuff.
Souf simply points out those bowls are all the same to the acc-
There is no hierarchy beyond champions and Orlando picks first.

Because it’s literally on the conference website

Don’t understand then why SMF says it’s impossible for even a 7-6 Pitt to be relegated to Detroit or Shreveport. He is claiming the farthest Pitt can fall is the Sun or Music City.

Absolutely HUGE. For Pitt, every single game is important. The best way for them to succeed and gain notoriety is to win consistently, over time. Don't worry about redshirts, the next game, treating bowl games as exhibition games, etc.
Pitt needs to end the season strong if for no other reason than recruiting some of those that are on the fence.

Reactions: ThePanthers
It's important to stay on top 25 and end the season strong.

However its still a 50 50 game.

And guarantee if we lose we will get the naysayers up and arms again saying pitt cant finish things off even though we did on saturday.

One thing ive learned from saturday reading these boards, some people just will never be happy.

It's important to stay on top 25 and end the season strong.

However its still a 50 50 game.

And guarantee if we lose we will get the naysayers up and arms again saying pitt cant finish things off even though we did on saturday.

One thing ive learned from saturday reading these boards, some people just will never be happy.
You said it!

Reactions: JSSTartan
Every game is important. It wasn't that long ago some were saying we would have 5 wins 6 at the most. PITT has a chance for 8+ wins, go all out.

Reactions: Usuallyunusual

Don’t understand then why SMF says it’s impossible for even a 7-6 Pitt to be relegated to Detroit or Shreveport. He is claiming the farthest Pitt can fall is the Sun or Music City.

Its a rule the ACC put in to protect division champs. They put in after Matt Ryan BC and their 43 fans fell out of the top bowls

My wife, a Pitt grad who is never wrong :) makes this prediction. If Pitt beats Miami they will beat Clemson. If they lose. They will lose again. She does not know if it will be two wins or two losses, but she is absolutely sure they will not split. Trust her. She knows stuff.:)

Reactions: TJFAIRLIE
Every game is important. It wasn't that long ago some were saying we would have 5 wins 6 at the most. PITT has a chance for 8+ wins, go all out.

Some were saying we might not win another game all season after psu

Its important with regard to the secondary bowls (if Pitt loses to Clemson):
  • Getting to 8 would help chances of staying the acc tier 1 pool (as it seems the div champ provision gone?)
  • helps chances remaining in rankings which may help bowl resume
  • assures a winning season

Its a rule the ACC put in to protect division champs. They put in after Matt Ryan BC and their 43 fans fell out of the top bowls
This is simply not true.

You keep saying it, but it isn't true.

If Pitt loses to Miami and Clemson, we are NOT guaranteed a tier one bowl.

SMF, give me me a link. "I want to believe."

I am trying to find one but I can't. I know it used to be a thing. Perhaps they got rid of it in the new contract. Like in 2012, GT went to its 2nd straight Sun Bowl.....at 6-7 after losing in the ACCCG. You cannot tell me that the Sun really wanted GT 2 years in a row.

It was a provision in last contract mostly affecting Sun Bowl as they were the '4th' selection in order where runner up couldn't fall below '4th'.
The Sun contract was extended in 2014-19 with the other bowls. Not sure if provision kept.

Last edited:
Absolutely HUGE. For Pitt, every single game is important. The best way for them to succeed and gain notoriety is to win consistently, over time. Don't worry about redshirts, the next game, treating bowl games as exhibition games, etc.

Ok be realistic here

It is NOT important in any way as far as a football topic for this year. Of course we want to win, get 8 wins and move up the top 20. But, when it doesn’t matter if you win or lose, that makes the game less important. Miami is a good team, and I can see them being way more up for this game than our guys

Ok be realistic here

It is NOT important in any way as far as a football topic for this year. Of course we want to win, get 8 wins and move up the top 20. But, when it doesn’t matter if you win or lose, that makes the game less important. Miami is a good team, and I can see them being way more up for this game than our guys
It doesn't matter to Miami if they win or lose either. They're already bowl eligible.

If the Albany game was a 1 and Virginia Tech game was a 10, this is a 5. I am sure a coach says every game is a 10 but at some point that means none of them are, which is self defeating logic.

I don’t know how good Miami is

I watched them play Duke

Some of the worst football I’ve seen in years

They did look better versus VT

I watched them play Duke

To be fair... I think Pine-Richland could give VT a game right now. VT has quit on the season.

I watched them play Duke

They looked damn good forcing 6 turnovers (3 for TDS) against UNC. But early on UNC had the ball inside the 5 with goal to go and ended up with a FG. UM came back with a TD and their D was kind of playing downhill after that. Pitt needs to pound the ball and finish early and their D will loose some steam.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT