ADVERTISEMENT

In the end, Pitt better than PSU

H2P333

Walk-on
Dec 29, 2016
Take a few plays out of this game and Pitt wins big. 10 things I saw:

1. Dinucci has wheels and is the real deal
2. Olisson was the best back out there and they should have went to him more. He was poised for 220+
3. Refs sucked and missed by my count 14 holds
4. WR need to hold onto these passes. GD
5. OL was good and mangandled Ped State
6. Franklin is a POS for calling time outs late and for his post game comments. F him
7. Hope Narda goes postal on Franklin
8. I think the fact that PSU had this many fans shows they despertartely want a rivalry
9. Henderson was not used correctly. He was NOT out of bounds on that punt return. He just needs the ball in space.
10. Karma is a bitch and a ass kicking next year of the Peds is coming.

2. Olisson was the best back out there and they should have went to him more. He was poised for 220+
6. Franklin is a POS for calling time outs late and for his post game comments. F him
8. I think the fact that PSU had this many fans shows they despertartely want a rivalry
9. Henderson was not used correctly. He was NOT out of bounds on that punt return. He just needs the ball in space.

Agree with most of those except for #9. He sure looked to be out of bounds...

Wow.

1. Dinucci has wheels and is the real deal (how on earth can you come to this conclusion. He had a 5 yard drive)
2. Olisson was the best back out there and they should have went to him more. He was poised for 220+ No he isn't, but he is good. But Barkley takes some of those runs for 40+ yards,
3. Refs sucked and missed by my count 14 holds They did miss some holds. Not 14+
4. WR need to hold onto these passes. GD Yes.
5. OL was good and mangandled Ped State Pretty much.
6. Franklin is a POS for calling time outs late and for his post game comments. F him He is, and karma is a bitch.
7. Hope Narda goes postal on Franklin No. Just wait his turn.
8. I think the fact that PSU had this many fans shows they despertartely want a rivalry Yep.
9. Henderson was not used correctly. He was NOT out of bounds on that punt return. He just needs the ball in space. He was out of bounds on that punt return. It was not close.
10. Karma is a bitch and a ass kicking next year of the Peds is coming. Let's hope.

This is the kind of post that just makes the whole fan base look like a bunch of idiots.

They kicked our asses, but we're better.

Jesus H Christ.

1. Agree completely. Obvious to all but HCPN
2. No. Barkley is better but Ollison can be better.
3.Refs were very pro Penn State 7 penalties for Pitt vs. 1 for Penn State.
4.Agree. Weah and Clark both dropped critical passes. Pros make those catches.
5. OL was average. Jones-Smith got beat like a drum. Officer is Fat & Slow.
6. Agree. Franklin is a POS used car salesman
7. Just Win Baby.
8. The Pedophiles know it is a Rivalry they just won't admit it.
9. Henderson better learn to be more than a jet sweep guy or he'll never play in the NFL.
10. It depends on if DiNucci gets a year of experience or not.

Lmao

1) I think Dinucci deserves a change in game stations to see what he has. I love his fight, but honestly there is still to little of a sample size to move forward.

2) Barkley is better, but I would say that Olisson had a better game for his team than Barkley had for his.

3) the refs made bad calls but not as many as you claim and no more than a typical game. Some time your team benefits sometimes like today you are on the receiving end.

4) yes they do.

5)OL play a good game overall. There were decently times where they manhandled PSU, but the Ol had costly penalties and where too slow on some of their pulls.

6-8) agree

9) he was out of bounds and it seemed like he was playing scared. He is too much of a one truck pony. If he is not going to develop as a down field receiver he had no NFL shot and teams figured out the get sweep.

10) agree

1. The guy had 1 drive which he took over after Browne had led them on a 6 play 66 yd drive.
2. No, just no
3. You can claim there's holding on every play, 14 is exaggerated, more like 4... still should have been called
4. Well yea
5. Pitt ran the ball well but were playing from behind early. Psu had 5 sacks and 9 tfl on top of pressures that forced bad throws ints... run blocking for Pitt was good, psu could figure out that pitch play, but Henderson couldn't get going and psu certainly did not get manhandled up front.
6. If Pitt won and narduzzi did it you would love it but more importantly, recruits obviously love it
7. Don't hold your breath
8. It was a big game yes, but attendance is always through the roof when psu is in the top 10. Better team=increased interest in psu football no matter the opponent, same can be said of every other school in the country when highly ranked
9. Just stop, obviously oob
10. Not likely but good luck.

Btw I'm not sure in what universe losing by 3 scores dictates you are a better team but if it helps you sleep at night go for it!

Of course Pitt is better. Pitt didnt cover up rape of little children by a staff member. Heck, the community college down the road is better than PSU.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Pitt is and will always be better than PissU, regardless of the score of a stupid football game that PissU shouldn't even be playing.

We will be playing a team that is much better than PissU next week when we play OK.State. I hope we're ready. That will be a much tougher game.

Good post. If peterman was our qb we win this game, or even if it's played later and Browne has confidence. He looked rusty and lead to 14 points. We definitely out played them but we couldn't put the ball in the end zone and they did so they deserved the win

Reactions: PittMan2003

Are you RutgersAl?

1. Agree completely. Obvious to all but HCPN
2. No. Barkley is better but Ollison can be better.
3.Refs were very pro Penn State 7 penalties for Pitt vs. 1 for Penn State.
4.Agree. Weah and Clark both dropped critical passes. Pros make those catches.
5. OL was average. Jones-Smith got beat like a drum. Officer is Fat & Slow.
6. Agree. Franklin is a POS used car salesman
7. Just Win Baby.
8. The Pedophiles know it is a Rivalry they just won't admit it.
9. Henderson better learn to be more than a jet sweep guy or he'll never play in the NFL.
10. It depends on if DiNucci gets a year of experience or not.

Weren't the refs from the ACC?
I'm not sure but it used to be that the visiting team used their refs but they might have changed.

Take a hike pal. Penn state should have won by 40. WE ARE

You're really bad at this, and incredibly see through. Try harder next time. And stop whining if you are a Pitt fan, it's weak sauce. Holding, waaah.

Well ummm, can't really expect pitt to win with the turnovers and lack of redzone execution. And penn state definitely shouldn't have won by 40 or anything, they did what they did. The score pretty much tells the story of yesterday's game.

No moral victories. This is the kind of thread the cultists will laugh at and ok, go ahead.

I'd say the right take is Pitt was the better team last year and PSU is the better team this year, both losing teams this year and last year hung around but didn't quite make enough plays. The more inexperienced teams lost. Next year will be more interesting: no Creepy Valley and PSU loses more - im sure they'll still be favored but I'm not totally counting out our chances like I admittedly did this year.

No moral victories. This is the kind of thread the cultists will laugh at and ok, go ahead.

I'd say the right take is Pitt was the better team last year and PSU is the better team this year, both losing teams this year and last year hung around but didn't quite make enough plays. The more inexperienced teams lost. Next year will be more interesting: no Creepy Valley and PSU loses more - im sure they'll still be favored but I'm not totally counting out our chances like I admittedly did this year.
This is the most logical thing written on this site in the past 24 hours and it was the argument I shared while watching the game with PSU people yesterday. Last year we should of won and did, this year they should have won and did, next year more likely to be a toss up.

Reactions: volleyref
They should have and deserved to win the game. I was happy to see we have similar talent in the lines. That is a good thing. But they are far superior and seasoned at the skill positions...on both sides of the ball...at least this year. Hopefully that changes next year.

It's not a moral victory, the op said we were better. A couple turnovers and drops turned around and we win handily

Good post. If peterman was our qb we win this game, or even if it's played later and Browne has confidence. He looked rusty and lead to 14 points. We definitely out played them but we couldn't put the ball in the end zone and they did so they deserved the win
Hah.

Well, one thing we know for sure. We're very fortunate to not have Franklin as our coach. He is the definition of pond scum and showed yet once again his total lack of character. I don't think even an Urban Meyer would be as arrogant as him or make the stupid statements he made. It's just unbelievable that a head football coach could be as stupid and arrogant as Franklin is. Thank God we have someone like Narduzzi. What a contrast.

Well, one thing we know for sure. We're very fortunate to not have Franklin as our coach. He is the definition of pond scum and showed yet once again his total lack of character. I don't think even an Urban Meyer would be as arrogant as him or make the stupid statements he made. It's just unbelievable that a head football coach could be as stupid and arrogant as Franklin is. Thank God we have someone like Narduzzi. What a contrast.
He fits perfectly at Penn State. Not to mention they hired a coach in the middle of a rape scandal as they were in the middle of a rape scandal.

High quality.

If someone goes after you I understand being a jerk, and you probably should in that case. But why not respond with something of substance or refrain from posting.
Because those kind of posts look like our fan base look as dumb and delusional as the PSU "JoeBots" people like Stache constantly try to chastise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT