ADVERTISEMENT

Interview With Steeler Player on Pickett

You drunk yinzers are getting on my nerves the Steelers were not allowing him to compete they promised the job to Wilson anybody with half a brain knows that which is why he signed so quickly they told Kenny there is no competition he's the starter we want you to sit behind him and watch and learn. For a team that preached competition makes everyone better the whole offseason they eliminated any competition and handed the job to a guy who's best football is behind him instead of in front of him and in doing so ostracize their number one their first round draft pick. You big dummies keep believing that your sweet little Steelers are still squeaky clean but the truth is out there for anybody who wants to see it they're a bunch of slime ball con artist lying pieces of crap. They wanted to screw pick it over so that they didn't have to pick up his fifth year option so did they get offer him some piece of crap contract for him to come in and be one of the lowest paid starters because they didn't allow him to prove himself. Oh yeah fly Eagles fly how much money you want to bet the Eagles have a far better record than the Steelers this year you guys suck 😂
That's sometimes part of the business.

The Steelers did what they thought needed to be done to improve the QB room and their chances of winning in 2024. I think they made it perfectly clear that while they hadn't given up on Kenny, they haven't liked what he's brought to the table so far.

It's also probably not as simple as saying Kenny didn't want to compete for the starting job. That's probably not really fair to say that either. When you look at it from Kenny's perspective -- the decision to stick with Rudolph last year, bringing in Wilson, the seemingly lack of support from his teammates... I can see why Kenny wanted to move on.

Reactions: Parkview57
Right, he didn’t want the competition. That’s why he was happy to be traded to the Eagles, where his only competition is Jalen Hurts.
Yeah. He just wanted out of Pittsburgh. I think the Steelers made it perfectly clear they had buyer's remorse. Kenny is a smart guy. He can take a hint. He wanted out and the Steelers were more than happy to make that happen.

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2

The Steelers did what they thought needed to be done to improve the QB room and their chances of winning in 2024. I think they made it perfectly clear that while they hadn't given up on Kenny, they haven't liked what he's brought to the table so far.

It's also probably not as simple as saying Kenny didn't want to compete for the starting job. That's probably not really fair to say that either. When you look at it from Kenny's perspective -- the decision to stick with Rudolph last year, bringing in Wilson, the seemingly lack of support from his teammates... I can see why Kenny wanted to move on.
Yeah but even if what you are saying is true the Steelers Front office was personally responsible for the smear campaign against Pickett. They used the local media lap dogs to slander his character to try to make their dishonesty and disingenuous sentiments make them out to be the victims of an unruly kid. Many people have worked with and around Kenny Pickett and no one has ever portrayed him like that before. Lots of teams has buyers remorse and traded away QB's over the last few years, but none of them sullied the name of them....they left it as just business.

I refuse to defend the actions on a bunch of millionaires who tried to ruin a young man's name to save face. F them. When someone shows you who they are believe them. These SOB tried to railroad Bruce Arians into retirement the same way. Lied to him, then lied about him all because he wanted a raise that he deserved. Steelers are dirty, slimy, and ruthless. I took me to be an adult to see it clearly.

I refuse to defend the actions on a bunch of millionaires who tried to ruin a young man's name to save face. F them. When someone shows you who they are believe them. These SOB tried to railroad Bruce Arians into retirement the same way. Lied to him, then lied about him all because he wanted a raise that he deserved. Steelers are dirty, slimy, and ruthless. I took me to be an adult to see it clearly.
Your feelings seem more hurt about the Steelers, than what you understand ("see clearly") as an adult about the way the business world works.

There's a lot more dirty, slimy and ruthless that goes on with billion dollar organizations.

Before you get to calling me a "drunk and dumb yinzer"....every professional athlete will tell it's a business first. Hell, college athletes treat it as business more and more.

Pickett made a business decision. Walking away from outside competition

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Your feelings seem more hurt about the Steelers, than what you understand ("see clearly") as an adult about the way the business world works.

There's a lot more dirty, slimy and ruthless that goes on with billion dollar organizations.

Before you get to calling me a "drunk and dumb yinzer"....every professional athlete will tell it's a business first. Hell, college athletes treat it as business more and more.

NOTE: “preferred” is not bc Kenny Pickett is running away from competition. He was explicitly told by the #Steelers Wilson would start, reneging on the pledge he’d been given that after two years of chaos, he’d finally be put in position to succeed - per sources apprised of convo.... Provide one article that explicitly states the Steelers were going to let him and Wilson"compete." Stop drinking the Kool Aid."

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Bruce Arians contract expired. He subsequently retired and un-retired. Where is the railroading? Is he a liar too for not staying retired?

Bruce Arians contract expired. He subsequently retired and un-retired. Where is the railroading? Is he a liar too for not staying retired?
No... He actually didn't. Go read the article I posted. They tried to frame it as a retirement instead of him being fired. Go read the article I posted. Steelers have been lying about people for years. Im shocked you don't remember this Bruce was very outspoken about this. Did many interviews on it too.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
No... He actually didn't. Go read the article I posted. They tried to frame it as a retirement instead of him being fired. Go read the article I posted. Steelers have been lying about people for years. Im shocked you don't remember this Bruce was very outspoken about this. Did many interviews on it too.

He sure did.

He sure did.
Following the 2011 season, the Steelers fired offensive coordinator Bruce Arians but tried to sell it as a retirement. Few non-Steelers fans were fooled. This is the opening line of the NBC article 🤣

You're memory about these situations are clouded.

You can say the same thing about Dick Lebeau leaving. He still wanted to coach, but it was time to move from him.

This is part of the game. It happens.

Here is the link to the whole article my man in case you are interested in the truth.

Truth
When they usually don't extend the contract, that's the indication they are moving on.

You acting as if we don't know how the organization has been doing their contracts since the 90's!!

1. Steelers offer contract
2. Player/Coach sign contract
3. End of contract is a year out
4. Evaluation happens
5. Contract offered or not offered by team

- if it's a 1st rd rookie contract, team debates on picking up 5th year or signs said player early.

- if player requests trade midway through, they are granted request.

- if cap space needs freed up for team, they turn high cap players incoming base salary into a signing bonus (up front, early paycheck), and divide said base salary up over his remaining contract.

Cut and Dry for years....YEARS!!

No funny business going on. Hurt feelings from time to time, but nothing dirty or unethical.

When they usually don't extend the contract, that's the indication they are moving on.

You acting as if we don't know how the organization has been doing their contracts since the 90's!!

1. Steelers offer contract
2. Player/Coach sign contract
3. End of contract is a year out
4. Evaluation happens
5. Contract offered or not offered by team

- if it's a 1st rd rookie contract, team debates on picking up 5th year or signs said player early.

- if player requests trade midway through, they are granted request.

- if cap space needs freed up for team, they turn high cap players incoming base salary into a signing bonus (up front, early paycheck), and divide said base salary up over his remaining contract.

Cut and Dry for years....YEARS!!

No funny business going on. Hurt feelings from time to time, but nothing dirty or unethical.
"Following the 2011 season, the Steelers fired offensive coordinator Bruce Arians but tried to sell it as a retirement. Few non-Steelers fans were fooled."

Taken right from the article on NBC. Steelers suck, but most of you would defend the Steelers if they were accused of rape....just like another fan base😱. But that never happened or anything...

"Following the 2011 season, the Steelers fired offensive coordinator Bruce Arians but tried to sell it as a retirement. Few non-Steelers fans were fooled."

Taken right from the article on NBC. Steelers suck, but most of you would defend the Steelers if they were accused of rape....just like another fan base😱. But that never happened or anything...
So the fact Arians said his contract expired should be ignored? I think I’ll go with Arians own words.

So the fact Arians said his contract expired should be ignored? I think I’ll go with Arians own words.
Arians explains to Andrea Kremer that he’d been told by coach Mike Tomlin a new contract was coming, with an adjustment aimed at reflecting the team’s performance on offense. A few days later, the call came.

"[Tomlin] said, ‘I can’t get you the money,’” Arians tells Kremer. I said, ‘Okay.’ He said, ‘No, I can’t get you a contract.’ I said, ‘Are you firing me?’ He said, ‘No. . . .’

“‘Well . . . it’s just a matter of words, Mike,’” Arian said. “‘Okay. If I don’t have a contract, I’m fired.’

These are Arians words....

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Arians explains to Andrea Kremer that he’d been told by coach Mike Tomlin a new contract was coming, with an adjustment aimed at reflecting the team’s performance on offense. A few days later, the call came.

"[Tomlin] said, ‘I can’t get you the money,’” Arians tells Kremer. I said, ‘Okay.’ He said, ‘No, I can’t get you a contract.’ I said, ‘Are you firing me?’ He said, ‘No. . . .’

“‘Well . . . it’s just a matter of words, Mike,’” Arian said. “‘Okay. If I don’t have a contract, I’m fired.’

These are Arians words....
Again, doesn’t have a contract. Which part of that is confusing you?

Read his quotes, and his alone!! Stop reading the narrative from a writer.

Then you'll understand it better. Was his feelings hurt, yes.

And for my record I never defended Big Ben...and they wanted to trade him to San Francisco but it didn't happen.

But I'll tell you what did happen...

Big Ben never won league MVP did he, barely made the conversation.

No one ever pays attention to that part

I
Read his quotes, and his alone!! Stop reading the narrative from a writer.

Then you'll understand it better. Was his feelings hurt, yes.

And for my record I never defended Big Ben...and they wanted to trade him to San Francisco but it didn't happen.

But I'll tell you what did happen...

Big Ben never won league MVP did he, barely made the conversation.

No one ever pays attention to that part
Im sorry buddy I didn't mean to imply that you directly would support a rapist. I'm sure you would never I'm just busting Steelers fans chops but that was low. Genuinely I apologize.

Here is the link to the whole article my man in case you are interested in the truth.

Truth
So what you're saying is they could've fired him, but gave him the courtesy to resign/retire. That's a common gesture granted by companies all the time. If they were so awful, they would've said they fired him so that blemish could remain on his record.

Do you read what you post? Declined to give a contract - his contract expired - not re-signing him is not the same as being fired.
Did you read the part where Tomlin promised not only a new contract but a raise based on his performance....then comes back days later and says actually you're fired. Lies on lies on lies.

Did you read the part where Tomlin promised not only a new contract but a raise based on his performance....then comes back days later and says actually you're fired. Lies on lies on lies.
edit: had the wrong season
edit: edit: No I didn't

They give raises to Offensive Coordinators that lead the 21st ranked scoring offense and only score a single touchdown in the playoffs against the 24th best defense in the league?

Last edited:
Yeah but even if what you are saying is true the Steelers Front office was personally responsible for the smear campaign against Pickett. They used the local media lap dogs to slander his character to try to make their dishonesty and disingenuous sentiments make them out to be the victims of an unruly kid. Many people have worked with and around Kenny Pickett and no one has ever portrayed him like that before. Lots of teams has buyers remorse and traded away QB's over the last few years, but none of them sullied the name of them....they left it as just business.
I don't know that there was an active smear campaign. A lot of that could just be semantics and how it gets filtered through the media, then on to social media and the talk show circuit.

If some inside source says Kenny wasn't very welcoming to the Steelers practically giving the QB1 job to RW, (which I think would be true). then the media can take that and run with it in lots of different ways.

None of the QB’s over the last 2-3 years were good enough to be guaranteed a starting job. It should have been an open competition every year.

Reactions: pittbb80
I’m curious, in your mind, did the Steelers fire Bill Cowher? Or did Cowher fire the Steelers? One of them had to be fired, right?

I’m curious, in your mind, did the Steelers fire Bill Cowher? Or did Cowher fire the Steelers? One of them had to be fired, right?
The logical fallacy in your argument indicates your swimming up stream.

Steelers say Mike Tomlin made decision to fire still-upset Bruce Arians​

By Ryan Wilson

Jun 21, 2016•2 min read

So how about when the Steelers say it????????
Happy Got You GIF by Bounce

The logical fallacy in your argument indicates your swimming up stream.

Steelers say Mike Tomlin made decision to fire still-upset Bruce Arians​

By Ryan Wilson

Jun 21, 2016•2 min read

So how about when the Steelers say it????????
Happy Got You GIF by Bounce

Again, you can't fire someone that doesn't work for you. His contract expired, just like Cowher's did. So, did Cowher fire the Steelers?

I'm glad you're a Pitt fan, but you can't possibly have a Pitt education and not understand this.

Again, you can't fire someone that doesn't work for you. His contract expired, just like Cowher's did. So, did Cowher fire the Steelers?

I'm glad you're a Pitt fan, but you can't possibly have a Pitt education and not understand this.
You're trying too hard to be right. You're not arguing with me you're arguing with the man that said he was fired and the team that said they fired him. Think about that for a moment......Now whose education is in question????

You are agreeing with him without being wise enough to see this.

But your name says a lot. Fanatic.

You are agreeing with him without being wise enough to see this.

But your name says a lot. Fanatic.
I swear some of you guys either don't fully comprehend certain situations or just enjoy trolling people.

Whichever it is, it's not for me.

And yes, I am a huge Steeler fan. Since '94 when I could remember relevant happenings.

I'm a Pitt fanatic as well. And sometimes Pitt does things "dirty" also. Big level football = business decisions.

Right, he didn’t want the competition. That’s why he was happy to be traded to the Eagles, where his only competition is Jalen Hurts.
I think the former Temple get became a big deal in HIS mind. His house is for sale for $2.4 large. In Cranberry, probably not next to the trailer parks. I'm disappointed.

Neither QB has shown themselves to be good QBs so far in their careers, but the difference in their records has nothing to do with Kenny’s success. How many of those late game drives were available because of Pittsburgh’s defense even though the Offense only scored 14 points through the first 3.5 quarters?

Pickett has 2x top 10 defenses carrying him. Fields was supported with the #20, #23, and #32 ranked scoring defenses.

Kenny Pickett has 14 wins credited to him, only 2 of those wins came against teams with 21 points or more.

Kenny is credited with 11 losses. Five of those were against teams that scored 21 or fewer points.
It cuts both ways though. Fields won 7 games last year and 3 of those were in the bottom 2 in the standings (Carolina and Washington/Arizona were tied). 2 more teams were bottom 10 (Falcons and Vikings). The Raiders were 13th. He beat 1 team with a pulse (the Lions). I'm sure that Kenny would have looked a lot better if he had gotten the Commanders and Broncos who basically gave up career games to everyone, rather than the 49ers, Browns (twice), Texans, and Ravens.

Regarding their common opponents, Kenny certainly played better against the Cardinals and Browns than Fields did. The Packers were a wash.

Absolutely agree about him not being the QB of the future. Kenny definitely showed some clutch factor this season, but he had a 77 Passer Rating in the first 3 quarters of the game. Fields was pretty much the opposite, where he folded in the 4th but was far superior to Kenny in the first 3 quarters with a 90 Passer Rating (which also doesn't account for his 463 rushing yards in those quarters).

I'd rather Pickett have put on some big boy pants and compete with an entirely beatable Wilson, but Fields is most likely the best backup for the money in the NFL.
Fields had one of the biggest splits between scripted play EPA and non-scripted play EPA in NFL history.

Fields had a professional playcaller who made things easy for him. That's why he was great in the first 15 plays. But he can't read a defense. That's why he choked so much once teams could adapt to the things he liked to do.

Kenny had the worst playcaller and OC in modern NFL history. That's why he was bad in the beginning and got better at the end of the games: the OC couldn't **** around anymore and the QB had to go out and win it.

Reactions: PITTsburghFAN
If some inside source says Kenny wasn't very welcoming to the Steelers practically giving the QB1 job to RW, (which I think would be true). then the media can take that and run with it in lots of different ways.

and with media like Dulac, Kaboly, Yohe, Madden, etc, we know which way they are running with it

Fields had one of the biggest splits between scripted play EPA and non-scripted play EPA in NFL history.

Fields had a professional playcaller who made things easy for him. That's why he was great in the first 15 plays. But he can't read a defense. That's why he choked so much once teams could adapt to the things he liked to do.

Kenny had the worst playcaller and OC in modern NFL history. That's why he was bad in the beginning and got better at the end of the games: the OC couldn't **** around anymore and the QB had to go out and win it.
Kenny Pickett was the worst starting QB in the NFL vs zone defense in 2022.
Kenny wasn't just bad in the beginning, he was bad through 3 quarters.

Kenny was also in the running for the worst QB in the NFL on 3rd down.

Kenny Pickett was the worst starting QB in the NFL vs zone defense in 2022.
Kenny wasn't just bad in the beginning, he was bad through 3 quarters.

Kenny was also in the running for the worst QB in the NFL on 3rd down.
When you're throwing exclusively to the sidelines on 3rd and 8+ because your OC is predictable/the defense knows the plays, your C has been snapping the ball into the dirt, and on top of that you aren't allowed to have hot routes or throw it to the middle of the field, you're probably going to be pretty bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT