ADVERTISEMENT

Is Frank Cignetti Jr still employed?

I’m just glad he spent time reminiscing pre game for the brawl… wandering the field with phone in hand … remembering his family and friends and WV heritages… he got to have that special tearful moment

Because developing a game plan for the brawl against that exact opponent your Dad coached isn’t really a thing…

My god this guy is like some type of Trojan horse or something…Terrible
^^^^^THIS X 1000 ^^^^^ He should've done that off camera. I never liked Cignetti and knew he would bring Jurkovec in. What a shit show.

I hate Cig and the Jurk and think they both should be shown the door immediately. However, that glosses over the biggest problem in my opinion. The offensive line is the biggest issue. Granted some key guys are out, but at this point of Narduzzi 's tenure, there should be capable backups. The guys playing last night were terrible. Taylor, Baer, and Collier are pylons. They were still in their stance while guys were waltzing past them. They cannot run block either. This current line gives little hope for the future. Honestly, Caleb Williams or Michael Penix Jr. would look pedestrian at best behind this offensive line. It is truly a disgrace that we don't have some better players on the O-line.

Reactions: cruzer
What’s he going to do ?
Complete only 35% of his throws ?
That would be terrible , right ?
Huge set back for this dynamic offense
I wonder what Phil’s completion percentage drops to on routes run beyond 15 yards. I’d have to think it’s single digits.

^^^^^THIS X 1000 ^^^^^ He should've done that off camera. I never liked Cignetti and knew he would bring Jurkovec in. What a shit show.

I'll admit, I bought into the whole Cignetti gets the ball into the hands of his best players. And for a while last year there seemed to be some truth to it with decent balance with Wayne & Izzy both having 1000+ yard seasons. But last night was the kicker, how you have no sense of urgency down 17 in the 4th quarter. The snap was literally not made until there was 2 or 3 seconds left on the clock (and even getting a delay of game penalty on one series). And the final insult was 4th & 20 doing a play action for the last play.

So yeah, KP8 and the rest, I'm with you. Cignetti cannot be employed next season. While many say the same about Narduzzi, I think he needs one more chance to right the ship, plus given the financials of his contract, this probably makes the most sense.

I hate Cig and the Jurk and think they both should be shown the door immediately. However, that glosses over the biggest problem in my opinion. The offensive line is the biggest issue. Granted some key guys are out, but at this point of Narduzzi 's tenure, there should be capable backups. The guys playing last night were terrible. Taylor, Baer, and Collier are pylons. They were still in their stance while guys were waltzing past them. They cannot run block either. This current line gives little hope for the future. Honestly, Caleb Williams or Michael Penix Jr. would look pedestrian at best behind this offensive line. It is truly a disgrace that we don't have some better players on the O-line.
Agree 100%. Jurk has been simply horrible, but the O Line has been equally horrible. Makes you wonder why there haven't been more calls for Borbely's butt. I'll add one more point. At this point, Narduzzi really needs to make a change at QB just to show the team that he hasn't given up. The choice between Veilleux and Yarnell should boil down to one factor....which one of these two can run, avoid the rush, and throw on the run? Any QB coming in to play for Pitt at this point better have some wheels because this offensive line isn't likely to get better. I have no idea if either Veilleux or Yarnell have any wheels but let's hope they do because they're going to need them.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Not that it matters, but I won’t watch another game until he is not. A serious program would can him this week and give underwood or someone else a chance to develop a scheme with 2 weeks to prepare. If Pitt is still serious in football, they’ll do this. If not, why would we take their football program seriously?

Is FCJ the entire problem? Of course not. Is it a little bad to wish someone fired, especially mid season? Sure. But it at least shows you’re doing SOMETHING to try and correct mistakes and makes no doubt you will not go into season 3 with him. And who knows, maybe Underwood is a good play caller. They aren’t gonna bench Phil until bowl eligibility is out of the picture. So this would be a step in the right direction.
If you were as bad at your job as Frank would you be fired?

Dude is making a lot of money and failing, spectacularly, in a job where it should be all merit-based.

How many times do you think he has told his players that if they don't perform then they won't start, or play, etc.

Bowl eligibility? 😬

I’m just glad he spent time reminiscing pre game for the brawl… wandering the field with phone in hand … remembering his family and friends and WV heritages… he got to have that special tearful moment

Because developing a game plan for the brawl against that exact opponent your Dad coached isn’t really a thing…

My god this guy is like some type of Trojan horse or something…Terrible
well said.

Agree 100%. Jurk has been simply horrible, but the O Line has been equally horrible. Makes you wonder why there haven't been more calls for Borbely's butt. I'll add one more point. At this point, Narduzzi really needs to make a change at QB just to show the team that he hasn't given up. The choice between Veilleux and Yarnell should boil down to one factor....which one of these two can run, avoid the rush, and throw on the run? Any QB coming in to play for Pitt at this point better have some wheels because this offensive line isn't likely to get better. I have no idea if either Veilleux or Yarnell have any wheels but let's hope they do because they're going to need them.

Play Devin Whitlock and run the wildcat. I'm half serious.

Not that it matters, but I won’t watch another game until he is not. A serious program would can him this week and give underwood or someone else a chance to develop a scheme with 2 weeks to prepare. If Pitt is still serious in football, they’ll do this. If not, why would we take their football program seriously?

Is FCJ the entire problem? Of course not. Is it a little bad to wish someone fired, especially mid season? Sure. But it at least shows you’re doing SOMETHING to try and correct mistakes and makes no doubt you will not go into season 3 with him. And who knows, maybe Underwood is a good play caller. They aren’t gonna bench Phil until bowl eligibility is out of the picture. So this would be a step in the right direction.
I don't think that cignetti should be fired, UNLESS he takes that "grown ass man" that he has playing QB with him.

Does anyone have an idea of the length and amount on Cignetti’s contract?

Because if it is sizable at all, he ain’t going anywhere. And Narduzzi certainly isn’t either.

Remember, the idea of Jurk, then Veilleux, was a two to three year plan those two cooked up.

Duz (and Lyke and Joanie) couldn’t care less about what any of us unwashed think. They might care when there are no tickets sold for next year and Panther Club donations plummet. But they believe there’s a core of suckers that will always give and buy.

Flip side, I think they’ve figured that any tremendous effort to be successful like 2021 wouldn’t be met with substantial upticks in either fans, ticket sales or donations (and frankly they are somewhat right; our core didn’t rise very much. But whatever was gained a 21 will certainly be gone now)

Did you watch Villeaux? They already know
Yes, he throws a much better ball then Jurk, and his misses I think are the product of lack of first team reps and overestimating our wide receiver talent(overthrows on deep balls because he anticipates the wide receivers being faster than they are).

Yes, he throws a much better ball then Jurk, and his misses I think are the product of lack of first team reps and overestimating our wide receiver talent(overthrows on deep balls because he anticipates the wide receivers being faster than they are).
Truth. He looked better (not good; not even somewhat good; but better) than Jurkovec. Jurkovec is done. The season is done. At this point continuing to play him is either mental illness on Narduzzi’s part, or an attempt by Duz to alienate himself so badly to be offered an buyout to leave early.

Common knowledge describes Heather as some type of genius with her rebuilding plans and Olympic sports. Only two sports really count for the public and press and Heather Lyke has been completely hands-off. Ohio State, Michigan State, and pretty much all power conference teams would never have given Capel a huge extension and tolerated abysmal basketball until last season. Nor would Narduzzi have been given an extravagant contract after never finishing a season in the Top Ten and averaging five losses a season.

Unfortunately we are stuck with her, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT