ADVERTISEMENT

Is Nate Yarnell Our Starter Next Season?

WillyDavis33

Freshman
Jun 4, 2023
I thought he played well enough that he should be our starter but wondered what some of the experts on this board think???

I think that Nate Yarnell plays very well, and I'd like to see him be the starter.

It's hard to really evaluate him in the awful offense he played in, but the thing I noticed is that Nate throws balls with much better timing & anticipation than any QB we've had post-Pickett. He throws balls to locations where only his WRs can get it and he's hitting them out of their breaks when they're open. He's not holding the ball too long which allows the defense to rebound and cover his targets downfield.

Not 100% confident in a 3-game sample size but I like what I've seen. FWIW I think it would be a bad idea to not at least have a backup plan at QB next year (whether that's CV, Ty, or a portal guy) in case Nate doesn't work out.

I think he has a leg up on being the starter, but a lot can change from now until Sept 2024

Could be but if Narduzzi isn’t at least looking in the portal he’s not doing his job. He may not land an upgrade but he damn sure better be trying.

Not convinced CV is a worthy backup either so I’d like to see some competition. But a worthy starting qb that transfers here would certainly be looking to be sure to play.

Could be but if Narduzzi isn’t at least looking in the portal he’s not doing his job. He may not land an upgrade but he damn sure better be trying.

Not convinced CV is a worthy backup either so I’d like to see some competition. But a worthy starting qb that transfers here would certainly be looking to be sure to play.
I would consider CV as the backup at this point. We should obviously look at what we can get thru the portal but we have not had great success with this recently.

I would consider CV as the backup at this point. We should obviously look at what we can get thru the portal but we have not had great success with this recently.
Well this team sucked so a case can be made that there’s been little success in all aspects of recruiting. No way he can or should ignore the portal and not try. If he comes up empty so be it, can’t put a gun to anyone’s head. And if he hires an OC with a more dynamic and good history the job becomes a little more attractive.

New OC will bring in his own qb, who will suck, and NY will leave, deservedly so. I hope this doesn’t come to pass unless the dude is the second coming of Marino.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT