ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the biggest game of the Narduuzi era?

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
Win,

And 10 wins seems very attainable.

Recruiting class (best yet) likely holds

2021 recruits and beyond show more interest.

National media takes notice.

Forget the record. This is the toughest game left for Pitt. A while lot of good stuff happens if they pull it off Saturday including a true elevation of the football program. 10 wins this year with the team coming back next year shows Pitt really taking major steps.

But it can only happen with a W tomorrow.

Thoughts?

No, probably not. It might be the biggest of the year, but I wouldn't say this year will be the biggest of his coaching career. He's set to have a pretty loaded team for 2020, the pressure will be bigger then. And it was bigger earlier, when he needed to prove he could even do the job.

Win,

Forget the record. This is the toughest game left for Pitt. A while lot of good stuff happens if they pull it off Saturday including a true elevation of the football program. 10 wins this year with the team coming back next year shows Pitt really taking major steps.

Thoughts?
What makes this more important than UNC or VT?

Thoughts?

You make a good case. I would ask those who have a different opinion to consider what a loss does. Losing to a 3-4 Miami team, keeps Pitt, at best (winning out) on the same plateau , fringe top 25 (35-25), it has been mired in during its most recent "best" seasons, IMO.

Virginia Tech last year was probably the biggest. A win and we controlled our own destiny for the division, a loss and we would’ve basically been fighting just to make a bowl game.... in year 4. We absolutely could not afford to lose that game and the win was a huge turning point for the program.

They are all big the rest of the way as there is a solid chance to go 10-2. And we've all heard how infrequently 10 wins has happened. I think UNC will be the toughest game left on the schedule but while this team is good....they are not close to good enough to think they can have an easy one.

Win,

Thoughts?
I will not forget the record...they are what their record says they are...if beating a 3-4 team at home is the biggest game of your era, your era sucks...

It’s close, but I’d say no. I’d compare it to the 2015 UNC game or the 2016 Va Tech game. I’d argue the biggest game was the ACC Championship last season.

The biggest of his career so far was 2018 VT (control destiny in ACC Coastal) or 2018 Wake Forest (win ACC Coastal outright).

Winning this game sets the table for the remainder of the season but it on its own doesn't change our trajectory that much. Even if we drop this game, we could still get to 10 wins by winning a bowl game, for example. I just don't see this one as significantly more important than any of the other individual remaining games, especially if UVA ends up winning the Coastal.

Reactions: singregardless
IMO every game this season was (VA&PSU) is (the remainder) the biggest game of PN's era.

With alot if the key injuries a successful big year is important to setup a Top 20 next season with lot of returning players.

Biggest win is a hindsight analytic when you reflect on the season or career as a whole. I don’t think it is any more than that. If a week from now we reflect on this game as a win, it means nothing more than an opportunity to get to 10 wins. At the end of a 10 win season with a trip to the Orange Bowl, UCF is the best win of the season without a doubt. The best win of Narduzzi’s career is still Clemson by far.

Reactions: Chad40301
Win,

Thoughts?
It will be the biggest if Pitt can win this game convincingly like they should have done these past two weeks. Blowing big leads with futile 2nd half offensive results will convince very few that Pitt is legitimate.

Reactions: gopitt1976
Unc is by far and away our most important game and it will be until we start beating those sumbitches on a regular basis!!! They have our number no matter how bad and good we are.

Reactions: Black Panther
You make a good case. I would ask those who have a different opinion to consider what a loss does. Losing to a 3-4 Miami team, keeps Pitt, at best (winning out) on the same plateau , fringe top 25 (35-25), it has been mired in during its most recent "best" seasons, IMO.
I respectfully disagree. Miami already has a top 25 win against UVA and played a really good Florida team close. This team is what we have been in many recent years under Duzz: wildly inconsistent but very dangerous with not much to lose.

Reactions: Parkview57
Win,

Thoughts?
All the games are the most important that day.

They are all big the rest of the way as there is a solid chance to go 10-2. And we've all heard how infrequently 10 wins has happened. I think UNC will be the toughest game left on the schedule but while this team is good....they are not close to good enough to think they can have an easy one.

agreed. Beat Miami and lose to UNC or VT and the. Miami game means nothing

I will be shocked if they don’t play at a high level. Whether they win or not is the big question. Depends on which Miami team shows up

Agreed .....which one will show up

1br1zn.jpg

agreed. Beat Miami and lose to UNC or VT and the. Miami game means nothing

I will be shocked if they don’t play at a high level. Whether they win or not is the big question. Depends on which Miami team shows up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT