ADVERTISEMENT

It’s either Clemson or wake now or Virginia

Pitt666

Scholarship
Feb 19, 2024
Pitt either finishes 3rd and gets wake or Clemson as the 6 as Cuse was swept by Clemson and wake, or finishes 4th and gets Clemson or wake as the 5, or finishes 5th and gets Clemson as 4, as Virginia would hold tiebreaker with Clemson for 3.

I’m fine with playing Wake or Clemson in the ACC Tourney. Pitt as I mentioned in another thread should be clearly ahead of Wake Forest in all the brackets after their loss at home to Georgia Tech tonight.

Reactions: UPitt '89
I messed up. If Clemson wins and GT beats Virginia, then I think it would be Clemson (2-1) Virginia (1-1), Pitt (1-2). And then Pitt could play Virginia.

If Pitt wins and
- UVa beats GT
- Wake beats Clemson

3. UVa 13-7
4. Pitt 12-8
5. Wake 11-9 (2-0 in mini-conference)
6. Clemson 11-9 (2-1)
7. Syracuse 11-9 (0-3)

This is the most likely scenario if all 3 favorites win Saturday. The way Wake is playing, especially away from home, I'd like this draw. Plus, Wake could mess around and lose Wednesday though not sure if we'd want Wake to win that so we avoid a potential elimination loss by GT, ND, BC, or Miami. They'd be on their 3rd game in 3 days though. A win wouldn't help but its an easier game and should put you in the semifinal where you'd like to be. We'll cross this bridge if we come to it.

If Pitt wins and
- UVa wins
- Clemson wins

3. UVa 13-7
4. Clemson 12-8
5. Pitt 12-8
6. Wake 11-9
7. Syr 11-9

This would be the worst draw in my opinion because Clemson is a terrible matchup for us.

If Pitt wins and
- UVa loses
- Wake wins

3. Pitt 12-8
4. UVa 12-8
5. Wake 11-9
6. Clem 11-9
7. Syr 11-9

Don't like this either because we still draw Clemson and I dont think there's an advantage to being rested. In fact, I think the team that played earlier has an advantage. Tired legs dont come into play until day 3 or 4.

If Pitt wins and
- UVa loses
- Clem wins

3. Clem 12-8 (2-1)
4. UVa 12-8 (1-1)
5. Pitt 12-8 (1-2)
6. Wake
7. Syr

Not doing if Pitt loses scenarios because at that point, we'd probably need to win 3 and make the ACCCG to get a bid. A 3rd Q3 loss would be the dagger.

Last edited:
If Pitt wins and
- UVa beats GT
- Wake beats Clemson

3. UVa 13-7
4. Pitt 12-8
5. Wake 11-9 (2-0 in mini-conference)
6. Clemson 11-9 (2-1)
7. Syracuse 11-9 (0-3)

If Pitt wins and
- UVa wins
- Clemson wins

3. UVa 13-7
4. Clemson 12-8
5. Pitt 12-8
6. Wake 11-9
7. Syr 11-9

This would be the worst draw in my opinion because Clemson is a terrible matchup for us.

If Pitt wins and
- UVa loses
- Wake wins

3. Pitt 12-8
4. UVa 12-8
5. Wake 11-9
6. Clem 11-9
7. Syr 11-9

Don't like this either because we still draw Clemson and I dont think there's an advantage to being rested. In fact, I think the team that played earlier has an advantage. Tired legs dont come into play until day 3 or 4.

If Pitt wins and
- UVa loses
- Clem wins

3. Clem 12-8 (2-1)
4. UVa 12-8 (1-1)
5. Pitt 12-8 (1-2)
6. Wake
7. Syr

Not doing if Pitt loses scenarios because at that point, we'd probably need to win 3 and make the ACCCG to get a bid. A 3rd Q3 loss would be the dagger.
People need to remember one thing. The conference tournaments matter way less than people make them out to be. Syracuse and Pitt played what everyone in America thought was a “play out” game like 7-8 years ago, it didn’t matter at all.

Pitt has to hope they are in the field going into it, and so long as they don’t get destroyed their metrics will all be NCAA worthy.

The one thing Pitt has done, assuming they win out, is you can absolutely make the case they should be the 4th ACC team.

Wake has already dropped behind Pitt on most brackets. UVA is close. I think if Pitt beats NC State they are going to be in about 40% of the brackets going into the tournament.

And remember, guys like Lunardi are stuck. You can’t just bump Pitt up 6 spots for no reason.

But, if you’ve never made a bracket before, and you are looking at team sheets, metrics, Pitt does way better. That’s the committee. And I think Pitt has all the feel of a high major team who squeaks in due to road record, number of wins, eye test etc.

People need to remember one thing. The conference tournaments matter way less than people make them out to be. Syracuse and Pitt played what everyone in America thought was a “play out” game like 7-8 years ago, it didn’t matter at all.

Pitt has to hope they are in the field going into it, and so long as they don’t get destroyed their metrics will all be NCAA worthy.

The one thing Pitt has done, assuming they win out, is you can absolutely make the case they should be the 4th ACC team.

Wake has already dropped behind Pitt on most brackets. UVA is close. I think if Pitt beats NC State they are going to be in about 40% of the brackets going into the tournament.

And remember, guys like Lunardi are stuck. You can’t just bump Pitt up 6 spots for no reason.

But, if you’ve never made a bracket before, and you are looking at team sheets, metrics, Pitt does way better. That’s the committee. And I think Pitt has all the feel of a high major team who squeaks in due to road record, number of wins, eye test etc.
If we win versus NC St AND get the double bye, we deserve to be in no mater what.

I've been saying this for weeks. These daily bracket guys cant justify bumping teams up or down too many spots. Its a lot different when you look at it fresh. Example:

- TCU better win both this week to feel absolutely safe. Lose both and they are out. 1-1 and they are probably safe but they better not lose their 1st in KC. Their resume isnt great

- New Mexico's resume is crap with a good NET

- UVa's resume isnt good enough

I dont know how you can have UNM and UVa in right now.

Reactions: whirlybird optio
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT