ADVERTISEMENT

Rooting for Wake or Clemson?

I know that conferences aren't supposed to matter but the way I look at the NCAA tourney this year is the ACC is getting 4 Teams in. Duke, UNC, Clemson, and....

So in that regard, I think we need to root hard against Wake and UVA in every game while beating NC State and at least a game in the ACC tourney. Those two teams losing really helps our cause. I can't see 5 getting in from the ACC.

Its a really unique circumstance because normally you want a double bye, but in order to get it, you need the team who you are in direct competition with to pick up a Q1 win and then have to play them Thursday in an NCAAT play-in game. A Wake loss possibly eliminates them but then you dont get a double bye and have to play Clemson Thursday, who I feel is the tougher matchup even though Wake beat us by 100 and had a 13 year old kid draining 3s.

I honestly hate all this backdoor bullshit to get in.

Take the frickin bull by the horns and win down the closing stretch of the season. Go out and Earn it.

Hey Hinson, you want to be a mt. rushmore Pitt player like this board wants to pump you to be? Put this team on your back like Knight and make a run. Make a statement in the ACC tournament and shut people up like Lunardi.

Play better.

It's that simple. Play better. The rest will take care of itself.

I disagree. I think the ACC could definitely get 5.

2 of Wake, Pitt, UVa.
Obviously possible, just stating again there are exactly 2 of 80 Bracketologists on BracketMatrix that have Pitt in the tournament and several teams in front of them. I believe Pitt is absolutely playing well enough to be included but the rest of the world doesn’t see it without what appears to be at least a few more victories and help from others.

Obviously possible, just stating again there are exactly 2 of 80 Bracketologists on BracketMatrix that have Pitt in the tournament and several teams in front of them. I believe Pitt is absolutely playing well enough to be included but the rest of the world doesn’t see it without what appears to be at least a few more victories and help from others.

There is little chance Pitt will get in if it wins Saturday and loses Thursday. Its possible but not likely. Their quads arent good. The only thing they have going for them is the road wins. The bracketologists arent considering that. You hope the committee does but do they weight that over teams with better quads? Then you have a terrible non-con SOS. I don't think the committee looks at that and says "Well, Missouri beat Minnesota before they played Pitt and were picked 9th and WVU was supposed to be good."

One other thought. Outside of Virginia being a name brand these days, why are they ahead of Pitt or Wake at this point. Their metrics are not good. GA Tech win today could put the nail in their coffin though I don’t expect them to lose.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
One other thought. Outside of Virginia being a name brand these days, why are they ahead of Pitt or Wake at this point. Their metrics are not good. GA Tech win today could put the nail in their coffin though I don’t expect them to lose.
Virginia won a national championship a few years ago. While that doesnt effect this years teams metrics it probably still resonates with the human factor. Go Tech !

Clemson losing at home to UVA hasn’t helped matters. We need to fight our way into the semifinals and see what happens. I’m just happy that after starting 10-7 and 1-5, that there’s meaningful games to watch on the last day of the regular season.

Last edited:

Because the daily bracket guys cant justify moving them. When you look at it fresh, they may not be in now and certainly out with an L today

Reactions: SteelBowl70
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT