ADVERTISEMENT

JACKIE ROBINSON LL

CaPAPITT76

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2001
Why are the players being punished for something that they didn't do? now that their LL title has been stripped haven't we heard this from some place east of Pittsburgh previously?

I found two things strange about this:

1) Why is this a big deal? Things like this likely happen more than not.

2) Why is this a big deal? It is Little League.

what i was trying to point out was.... this is what ups has been claiming since the sanctions "the players didn't do it why should they get punished"..... bunch of bs.
This post was edited on 2/11 2:52 PM by CaPAPITT76

It sure was a big deal to teams they may have beaten along the way while using players that should have been home in Illinois.

So we are supposed to condone cheating because it's only Little League? For God's sake that is the worst level to allow cheating.

I guess the point is that if they hadn't used illegal players they probably wouldn't have won in the first place. And the teams they beat may not have lost if JR hadn't used players that should have been home in Illinois.

^^^^^^Yes to this^^^^

I live in the Chicago area, and this is gonna turn ugly. Jesse Jackson (and all the local "civil rights" leaders) are crying racism. This is really sad for the kids, I think it is a shame that they are losing out but... the parents, managers, and coaches that cheated should be the object of their anger. Not the whistle blowers.

Re: ^^^^^^Yes to this^^^^

Really sad for the kids.....
If it gets ugly, parents etc need to be called on the carpet.
Ferguson... Oh God no !!
This post was edited on 2/11 6:30 PM by Pitt-Chains

Re: ^^^^^^Yes to this^^^^

I don't think this issue is going to last very long at all. The people in Chicago were caught cheating red-handed. To try to make their terrible decisions somehow and indictment on white America would be a very foolish play on their part and would lead to real problems for them. More importantly, it would demean all of the actual racism that is alive and well throughout much of this country.

Most people don't realize it, but you can actually bet on Little League games offshore. The Chicago team that beat Las Vegas in the US final was a massive underdog, as high as 15-1 in some spots. There were actually rumors that the Las Vegas coaches/players somehow threw the game, despite the fact that you can't wager on Little League in Nevada, and that the offshore limits are miniscule (usually around $500).

I feel bad for the players on both teams. For the Chicago kids, none of it is their fault. They were let down by adults who orchestrated this scenario. The Las Vegas team is represented by the same area almost every year. For the past decade they have probably been the 2nd best team in the US many years, but have never been able to get past the powerful California entries. Now when they finally get to Williamsport this happens.

NNFAN posted on 2/11/2015...

Oh yeah. This could be Ferguson, MO all over again:(

_________________________________________________________________________________

I hope the race baiter frauds turn this into another Ferguson which set back race activism about 100 years.

Just sit back and watch the idiots burn down their own town!

It shows you how worthless and incompetent community organizers ( did I say community organizers) are.

I guess Dr Von Yinzer has appointed himself the judge and jury of racism in America.

I didn't see that appointment announcement from the community organizer in chief with the Washington DC address.

Actually posters isn't quite the right name for many of you it should be posers!

More inner city bad behavior by the people who are supposed to be leaders for their children.They'll never get it right!

Go Pitt!

This post was edited on 2/12 9:36 AM by goat123

Why does everyone say the kids were let down. They were part of the scam. LOL, these kids didn't know that a good number of players were from other LL associations? Really. I recall coaching little league and the boys knew who all the good players were in other LL associations. Agree this was an adult driven scheme, but the players knew there was something wrong. Therefore, I don't feel bad for them. I do feel bad for the teams that went by the rules but were beat by the Jackie Robinson team.

White, black, Hispanic, or other people from the inner city are brought up to lean how to take advantage of the system.

There are people in those communities who help people get on " disability" and access "welfare benefits" who shouldn't so cheating in LL is second nature. They should be helping them increase their education and skill levels but why do that than they'd have to work.

The kids definitely know! The parents of the kids who aren't getting playing time because of the kids who shouldn't be there definitely know too!

Go Pitt!

I don't want to hear what anyone else has to say, until we hear from our resident sociology and race expert, rpost. Rpost must out all of you racists.

It's not an inner city thing at all. When my daughter played travel softball for team comprised of mostly affluent kids, the coach faked the birth certificate of a player, so she could play for his team. That's just one example. I could go on and on about other things I've seen happen over the years in travel ball.

It's not good, but teams cheat all the time, regardless of whether they are from the inner city of the suburbs.

There are two who will proclaim one a racist on this site Repost and Dr. Von Yinzer.

The Dr has already proclaimed that America is a racist nation in his post above. So that's been decided! He must have received his direction from the Community Organizer in Chief Washington DC.

Now its a matter of outing and routing out the individuals on this site in the midnight raids I guess???

Go Pitt!

This post was edited on 2/12 9:13 AM by goat123

This post was edited on 2/12 9:35 AM by goat123

Originally posted by goat123:

White, black, Hispanic, or other people from the inner city are brought up to lean how to take advantage of the system.

There are people in those communities who help people get on " disability" and access "welfare benefits" who shouldn't so cheating in LL is second nature. They should be helping them increase their education and skill levels but why do that than they'd have to work.

The kids definitely know! The parents of the kids who aren't getting playing time because of the kids who shouldn't be there definitely know too!

Go Pitt!
+1

As I pointed out above, this isn't an inner city thing. It's a sports thing. When it comes to sports people lose all rationality, even at the youth level. Some of the worst cheating goes on in the suburbs on high priced travel teams. I've seen it first hand.

NNFAN posted on 2/11/2015...

Oh yeah. This could be Ferguson, MO all over again:(

_________________________________________________________________________________

I hope the race baiter frauds turn this into another Ferguson which set back race activism about 100 years.

Just sit back and watch the idiots burn down their own town!

It shows you how worthless and incompetent community organizers ( did I say community organizers) are.

I guess Dr Von Dumb has appointed himself the judge and jury of racism in America.

I didn't see that appointment announcement from the community organizer in chief with the Washington DC address.

Actually posters isn't quite the right name for many of you it should be posers!

More inner city bad behavior by the people who are supposed to be leaders for their children.They'll never get it right!

Go Pitt!

I agree. This sort of thing is ridiculous and happens way too often. When it comes to sports, people throw ethics out the window.
Originally posted by wbrpanther:
It sure was a big deal to teams they may have beaten along the way while using players that should have been home in Illinois.

So we are supposed to condone cheating because it's only Little League? For God's sake that is the worst level to allow cheating.

When you read the various news reports of this its clear it was a carefully planned strategy to cheat.

They deserve everything they got plus more.

It was clear to all parents included what was going on and they all accepted it.

Great life lessons for those kids!

No penalties except league officials will be removed from their jobs.

Interesting!

Go Pitt!

In the PIAA, you can not transfer with athletic intent, but everyone knows the Private schools somehow get away with it, The Parents and kids know they are transferring for sports but never admit to it publicly.

this has nothing to do with inner city or suburbs or black or white. Cheating in the LLWS goes back to the Taiwanese forging the birth dates of their players. It all goes back to the win at all cost nature of parent with misplaced priorities who want to win more than their children.

There are two who will proclaim one a racist on this site Repost and Dr. Von Yinzer.

The Dr has already proclaimed that America is a racist nation in his post above. So that's been decided! He must have received his direction from the Community Organizer in Chief Washington DC.

Now its a matter of outing and routing out the individuals on this site in the midnight raids I guess???

Go Pitt!

This post was edited on 2/12 9:13 AM by goat123
This post was edited on 2/12 9:35 AM by goat123
Yo, cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, turn down your crazy a notch or two and listen for a second.

Go back and re-read what I wrote. I did not accuse anyone of being a racist in this thread. All I said was that crying wolf here demeans the legitimate gripes many African Americans do have on matters of race - even in 2015. And yes, there still are MANY legitimate cases of overt and/or institutionalized racism in this country and all over the world.

I specifically said that this was a tactic on the part of Jackie Robinson LL to draw attention away from their cheating.

Don't be insane. Also, don't confuse moderate views with radical liberalism. It makes you look crazier than you probably are.

Originally posted by Tbonerare:

Go Pitt!
+1
What about all of the corporations that hire teams of lawyers to "game the system." Are we going to demonize them just like we are the large swaths of people born into poverty or are we going to hold them up as virtuous and good businessmen who learned how to avoid paying taxes they would owe because of the evil government's unrelenting greed?

Originally posted by Dr. von Yinzer:

Go Pitt!
+1
What about all of the corporations that hire teams of lawyers to "game the system." Are we going to demonize them just like we are the large swaths of people born into poverty or are we going to hold them up as virtuous and good businessmen who learned how to avoid paying taxes they would owe because of the evil government's unrelenting greed?
Gaming the tax system under the rules isn't quite the same.

Dr. V the Corporations do it legally or they'd all be in jail. Think about Sarbanes Oxley, external & internal auditors and other SEC compliance programs.

They follow the law. You might not agree with the law and I'm sure you vote for those who would like to change things!

I don't!

I think things are just fine!

Those who work hard, improve their education, skills, and perform well are rewarded.

Take me for example started with nothing retired at 62 with multi multi millions. Never missed a day of work, constantly upgraded my skills, worked long hours, traveled the globe on business, went to night school to upgrade my education and add degrees.

It's a wonderful country. Start at the bottom and finish at the top!

The people I'm referencing aren't doing things within the law like disability and welfare fraud etc.!

So hears my last word on this. I read an AOL story which emphasized how the entire organization is black and the leaders of the LL assembled an all black team by design. Is someone trying to tell me there's no good Hispanic, Asian, or white kids in the neighborhood?????

Can you imagine if a bunch of white guys did the same thing during the same timeframe?

I bet, I know you'd see the guy with the gold chains, slicked back hair, who owes the federal government millions in back taxes, and still can't speak English properly all over those poor white LL guys!

And we might have had the opportunity to watch them burn down their community????

But it's a happy ending in this case we caught the bad guys!

LOL!

Signed The Goat

Go Pitt!

This post was edited on 2/12 2:32 PM by goat123

Why is this a big deal??

It would be like an NCAA basketball team making the tournament and adding players from other teams to make them better as they begin tournament play.

The Little League system in the US is that kids play in affiliated LL programs. They select an All Star team from THAT league of players and enter the tourney. This team took players from other leagues. Simple rule, they broke it, they got caught.

I grew up in Williamsport and know people who have worked at LL for years. There were rumblings of this situation several months ago. They had to do their due diligence before it became public.

Go Pitt!
+1
True. It is a whole lot worse than a silly baseball game played by 12 year olds.

Go Pitt!
+1
Who is writing said rules?

Dr. V the Corporations do it legally or they'd all be in jail. Think about Sarbanes Oxley, external & internal auditors and other SEC compliance programs.

They follow the law. You might not agree with the law and I'm sure you vote for those who would like to change things!

I don't!

I think things are just fine!

Those who work hard, improve their education, skills, and perform well are rewarded.

Take me for example started with nothing retired at 62 with multi multi millions. Never missed a day of work, constantly upgraded my skills, worked long hours, traveled the globe on business, went to night school to upgrade my education and add degrees.

It's a wonderful country. Start at the bottom and finish at the top!

The people I'm referencing aren't doing things within the law like disability and welfare fraud etc.!

So hears my last word on this. I read an AOL story which emphasized how the entire organization is black and the leaders of the LL assembled an all black team by design. Is someone trying to tell me there's no good Hispanic, Asian, or white kids in the neighborhood?????

Can you imagine if a bunch of white guys did the same thing during the same timeframe?

I bet, I know you'd see the guy with the gold chains, slicked back hair, who owes the federal government millions in back taxes, and still can't speak English properly all over those poor white LL guys!

And we might have had the opportunity to watch them burn down their community????

But it's a happy ending in this case we caught the bad guys!

LOL!

Signed The Goat

Go Pitt!

This post was edited on 2/12 2:32 PM by goat123
HA! Yeah right! I stopped reading after that sentence because I knew we were headed back to fantasy land and I have no interest in participating in that type of lunacy. Have a nice day!

+1 dr

goat is a great pitt fan, but his politics....well....lets just say I wouldn't know where to start on his last post which should be great fodder for the locker room nuts

Well the good news is that we're all Pitt fans despite politics!

Hey I had an idea ( oh no)!

Lets have a Panther Lair golf outing this summer. We'll call it "Hack Fest."

So since its "Hack Fest" you don't have to be good you just have to want to play golf and have fun!

It'll be held at a resort so we can stay overnight golf, drinks, dinner, drinks, sleep!

Next day breakfast, leave.

Since its at a resort non golf spouses and significant others can do things other than golf.

What do you think "Hack Fest" a disaster or great idea!

LOL!

Could be fun!

Go Pitt!

This post was edited on 2/12 5:52 PM by goat123

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT