ADVERTISEMENT

James Conner vs Najee

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
It’s really a shame JC couldn’t stay healthy as a Steeler. If he had they probably wouldn’t have moved on from him and blown a 1st round pick on Najee Harris, and JC would be a productive TD scoring back in Pittsburgh instead of Arizona.

It’s really a shame JC couldn’t stay healthy as a Steeler. If he had they probably wouldn’t have moved on from him and blown a 1st round pick on Najee Harris, and JC would be a productive TD scoring back in Pittsburgh instead of Arizona.
I think he's better than Najee, if Tomlin had him now and used him in tandem with Warren (60/40), more like how Arizona uses him, instead of running him until the wheels fall off like Tomlin thinks is the only way, split the carries, Conner is great in the red zone too, one year in AZ he had 15 TDs.

I don’t think that was going to happen. Your most important ability is your availability, and that was a problem in Pittsburgh.
He has been doing very well in Arizona. He has over 4,000 yards and 45 Touchdowns in his career. The injury thing was overblown by a-holes like Mark Madden and the other usual suspects in the media.

I think that’s revisionist history. JC was popular here. He just got hurt too often.
On what?

James Conner was super popular here, what does that have to do with anything I said? It was the negative press, negative fan base and the hatred to all things Pitt by some.

It was obvious he is/was talented and had a great work ethic, the Conner bashing led us to getting rid of him and wasting a first rounder on Najee

He has been doing very well in Arizona. He has over 4,000 yards and 45 Touchdowns in his career. The injury thing was overblown by a-holes like Mark Madden and the other usual suspects in the media.
But it wasn’t. I remember kevin colbert saying the exact thing.

And it’s not that colbert didn’t like him, he did. It’s just tough to invest in people who don’t stay healthy.

I’m glad he’s been relatively healthy in Arizona and has done very well. He deserves it. And I’m sure guys like Colbert aren’t surprised. His talent wasn’t the issue.

On what?

James Conner was super popular here, what does that have to do with anything I said? It was the negative press, negative fan base and the hatred to all things Pitt by some.

It was obvious he is/was talented and had a great work ethic, the Conner bashing led us to getting rid of him and wasting a first rounder on Najee
You said people hated on him because he was from Pitt. I don’t remember any hate. He was liked and respected.

You said people hated on him because he was from Pitt. I don’t remember any hate. He was liked and respected.
His inability to stay on the field was the only reason people didn't want the Steelers to keep him. They should have at a reduced cost and found a complimentary back. He's much better than Najee and would be a more productive option for the Steelers.

His inability to stay on the field was the only reason people didn't want the Steelers to keep him. They should have at a reduced cost and found a complimentary back. He's much better than Najee and would be a more productive option for the Steelers.
That’s a bingo.

Reactions: Burgh15
Exactly 💯!!! Madden as well the usual Pittsburgh media Pitt haters threw subtle jabs. Madden is a clown and should stick to succer

You guys have UPS derangement syndrome.

UPSDS. Lol.

Not everyone in the Pittsburgh media has an agenda against Pitt and former Pitt players.

do you read what they write? I try to avoid it as much as possible but the evidence is right there in front of you. After one game, Cook was proclaiming Allar as being "worth the wait" among other superlatives. Yet, his article to preview the season, he said he "needed to see more" from Pickett before saying if he was a worthy replacement to big Ben. And of course Cook pounced all over Pickett after the Browns game.

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.

I would love to see him behind a good OL. He's had only crap to deal with in his days in PGH and PHX. Getting out of Pittsburgh was great for him but his agent might've screwed him by sending him to that organization and that crappy offense.

Conner is off to a strong start this year. He is breaking off big runs the past two games. There is an article on espn worth reading where their OC says the offense runs through James and will open up the passing game. This is working so far and as a result Dobbs is looking strong. Steelers run game is doing no favors for Kenny other than giving him constant 3rd and long.

Mark Madden listens to heavy metal, drinks Coors light, and has a cat. Need I say more? Lol.
And I should probably add that he lived at home with his mother until he was 40, never had a girlfriend and has to go to a Nevada bunny ranch to be with a woman.

But he is witty on the radio. And knows how to troll Pittsburgh sports fans.

How much is Arizona paying Conner? As much as I like him, the way the NFL works with second contracts being the big ones, it's possible Najee is currently cheaper than him. Does anyone know?

How much is Arizona paying Conner? As much as I like him, the way the NFL works with second contracts being the big ones, it's possible Najee is currently cheaper than him. Does anyone know?
James Conner signed a 3 year, $21,000,000 contract with the Arizona Cardinals, including a $6,000,000 signing bonus, $13,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,000,000.

I think that’s revisionist history. JC was popular here. He just got hurt too often.
Yeah, I don’t recall anyone hating on Conner as a Steeler. I just remember comments about him not being able to stay healthy. It was unfortunate because he is talented and seemed like a great teammate. Would’ve loved to kept him, as the OP suggests, and taken a guy like Rhamondre Stevenson to share carries later in the draft.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Yeah, I don’t recall anyone hating on Conner as a Steeler. I just remember comments about him not being able to stay healthy. It was unfortunate because he is talented and seemed like a great teammate. Would’ve loved to kept him, as the OP suggests, and taken a guy like Rhamondre Stevenson to share carries later in the draft.
i was a huge Conner fan (Still am kind of) but i just think that Tomlin really should have used him as a Rb1 - Rb1-a situation, maybe even a 60-40. thought that would have helped his career and success..

he succeeded great as a backup for Cardinals his first year. of course he's been getting the bulk of the carries recently as a starter and holding up well so who knows.

Some people around here are just obsessed with PSU, sitting around thinking of "JoePa knew" and ancient history like that all day, most of the fan criticism of Pickett and Conner with the Steelers was and is TOTALLY LEGIT, I'm glad that last night FINALLY! Pickett didn't stink up the place and he actually threw TWO TD passes in the same game, TWO!!! hopefully that will continue so there will be less LEGIT CRITICISM of him. That said, I did want them to keep Conner, funny how he stays healthy in AZ, maybe the coach doesn't proudly run him until his wheels fall off.

You guys have UPS derangement syndrome.

UPSDS. Lol.

Not everyone in the Pittsburgh media has an agenda against Pitt and former Pitt players.
Absolutely, half these guys have "JoePa Knew" tattooed on their chest :)

• Haha

No, he got hurt every time he stepped onto the field. It was almost cartoonish.

He is the better back, but there was a 0% chance the Steelers could have moved forward with him as the feature guy, unless you were comfortable with a heavy dose of Benny Snell while Conner watched in street clothes.

I listen to classic rock, have 3 cats, but no thanks to the Coors Light.
Yeah I probably could have added that he likes soccer too…but so do I so…

Now as far as Liverpool…blah!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
...Yet, his article to preview the season, he said he "needed to see more" from Pickett before saying if he was a worthy replacement to big Ben. And of course Cook pounced all over Pickett after the Browns game.
I still need to see a whole lot more from Pickett, A WHOLE LOT MORE, IMO he hasn't come close to proving himself worthy to replace Ben, last night was a start, now string together a stretch of 8 or 10 games like that consistently, then we can start the conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT