ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin early

Jimmy i know rape when i see it.
He will rock at Bama, will last 2 years
Losing to uga auburn and 2-3: more.
I know that saban is smart enough too
bag jimmy boy.
But is their AD?
This will show if pervert state really wants to contend or just pretend to be big time.

If Franklin is trying to create leverage, it ain’t going to work with the new PSU AD. The word on the street is he is no push over.

Yea. He cant beat good teams but there is something to be said for going 10-0 vs trash every year. A lot of decent teams would slip up once or twice vs the B10 JV teams. He doesn't
Because the B10 JV teams stink and PSU has a huge budget for football comparable to Michigan and OSU.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Not sure where the Auburn stuff comes from. Franklin just beat Auburn pretty handily 2 straight years...... But I don't believe Bama is interested in Franklin.

Franklin is easily replaceable. There would be 8-10 really good coaches lined up for the PSU job. And the next PSU coach will be able to recruit at a high level also but occasionally win a big game
LOL

Penn State is licking their chops at being able to replace Franklin and get paid the buyout to do it, but Bama isn't going to be that stupid.

Might not be terrible at like an Ole Miss.

Disagree. He isnt good enough at coaching. PSU is a perfect spot for him because he has a tremendous recruiting advantage over anyone within 300 miles. To his credit, he had maximized that advantage but he has an entire region of the country to himself. And he still cant beat anyone good. Everyone has talent in the SEC. I could see him doing well at a place like Clemson if Dabo goes to Bama because he can recruit better at Clemson than anyone in the ACC there and he wont have to beat OSU and Mich

He's only two years removed from back-to-back losing seasons in conference, so I wouldn't say he always beats those teams with less talent and only loses to OSU and Michigan.

Franklin doesn't have the pedigree for Bama, but in fairness, few really do. I imagine it will be the guy from Washington or Norvell.

Disagree. He isnt good enough at coaching. PSU is a perfect spot for him because he has a tremendous recruiting advantage over anyone within 300 miles. To his credit, he had maximized that advantage but he has an entire region of the country to himself. And he still cant beat anyone good. Everyone has talent in the SEC. I could see him doing well at a place like Clemson if Dabo goes to Bama because he can recruit better at Clemson than anyone in the ACC there and he wont have to beat OSU and Mich

Well he had Vanderbilt punching well above its weight class, so if he can up the standard of recruiting then it's a good start. College football is like 80% recruiting and 20% coaching.

Last edited:
They aren't buying him out. That's nonsense.

If they wanted to make a move, they'd have done it a month ago during the coaching roulette period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT