ADVERTISEMENT

Jeffress to commit on 4/28 @11 am

let's not jinx ourselves, but if he does commit , does Pitt get to post season tourney next season ?

IMHO, with or without him I believe we likely make the post-season--but it will be close--we need to get to at least 18-20 wins with 14 or fewer losses. We will probably be an NCAA bubble team--but wind up in the NIT, is my WAG. I don't believe that Jeffress (assuming he commits to Pitt and although he may help) will be the ultimate difference maker (as a true freshman) in making the post season.

IMHO, what will really determine whether we make it will be whether our defensive rebounding and inside offense improves enough (better big men performance) and whether Horton proves to be the anticipated zone breaker with his 3-ball shooting.

IMHO, with or without him I believe we likely make the post-season--but it will be close--we need to get to at least 18-20 wins with 14 or fewer losses. We will probably be an NCAA bubble team--but wind up in the NIT, is my WAG. I don't believe that Jeffress (assuming he commits to Pitt and although he may help) will be the ultimate difference maker (as a true freshman) in making the post season.

IMHO, what will really determine whether we make it will be whether our defensive rebounding and inside offense improves enough (better big men performance) and whether Horton proves to be the anticipated zone breaker with his 3-ball shooting.
agree, will be nice having some trees down low again.
someone that actually has some athletic ability as well.

let's not jinx ourselves, but if he does commit , does Pitt get to post season tourney next season ?
Yes. If it isn't him? Still yes. We will be improved enough with our current additions to at least make the NIT. With that said I strongly believe we get Jeffress.

This is the reason why I love this kid and why I think we need to have him here on campus next year!

Click the link to enjoy the first SMART JOCKS On Air interview with William Jeffress hosted by his sister, Jasmine Jeffress! #SMARTJOCKS https://t.co/ilQxuKGaJf https://t.co/5xVOsYsCDp
Everything about this kid screams class. He sounds like a great kid both on and off the court. And sister Jasmine appears headed for a career in the media. Class kids.

Let's give him a break on this one. I was assuming he meant we'd
win all of our games in Nov. and Dec. 2020.
Seemed like a hedge.
Possibility no games will be played with a gambit that they take care of business in the OOC schedule if there is.

Seemed like a hedge.
Possibility no games will be played with a gambit that they take care of business in the OOC schedule if there is.

Good pont. Of course you're giving him credit for thinking in
two different directions at once. Better yet, maybe covering
his ass on both sides of the fence. LOL Something he
specializes on here.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
This would be the biggest disappointment I've had under Capel if we miss on this one. Alternatively, it's possibly be the most excited I've been about a recruit since Jamie left.

It would be a cherry on top of this class and seem to cement a turning point with recruiting.

Last year's class was a bit underwhelming, but since then he has gotten his first higher regarded big man in Hugs, two really solid guys in Collier and Femi, JHS for 22 (or possibly 21) and now Jeffries if it gets him.

It would be a cherry on top of this class and seem to cement a turning point with recruiting.

Last year's class was a bit underwhelming, but since then he has gotten his first higher regarded big man in Hugs, two really solid guys in Collier and Femi, JHS for 22 (or possibly 21) and now Jeffries if it gets him.
Ironically the guy really nobody talked about last year in the class turned out to be pretty awesome. Imagine if we didn't have Champ playing I can't even imagine how bad we would have been this past season. Who woulda guessed that right?

Ironically the guy really nobody talked about last year in the class turned out to be pretty awesome. Imagine if we didn't have Champ playing I can't even imagine how bad we would have been this past season. Who woulda guessed that right?
I think if you switch Drumgoole’s and Champagnie’s recruiting rankings, then last year’s recruiting class makes a lot more sense. We got ~top 100 freshman production out of Champagnie, and about what you might expect from top 250 freshmen out of Drumgoole and Coulibaly.

Obviously, we'll never know what "could have been", but I'd like to know how Drumgoole would've progressed without the injury. Probably still a few minutes here and there, but could've added a dimension somewhere.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
I think if you switch Drumgoole’s and Champagnie’s recruiting rankings, then last year’s recruiting class makes a lot more sense. We got ~top 100 freshman production out of Champagnie, and about what you might expect from top 250 freshmen out of Drumgoole and Coulibaly.
I liked what I saw in the limited minutes from Coulibaly. He looked as advertised. Kind of an "old man's post game", but he was bullish, and I think we have something here. Drumgoole really showed me nothing. But it could be just related to the injury and him falling behind.

I liked what I saw in the limited minutes from Coulibaly. He looked as advertised. Kind of an "old man's post game", but he was bullish, and I think we have something here. Drumgoole really showed me nothing. But it could be just related to the injury and him falling behind.
Definitely. I did too - I was just saying that his production (some flashes, some stretches where he didn’t do much, minutes grew as year went on) is a pretty reasonable expectation for a top 250 forward as a freshman. He definitely met reasonable expectations.

Reactions: Chescat
Obviously, we'll never know what "could have been", but I'd like to know how Drumgoole would've progressed without the injury. Probably still a few minutes here and there, but could've added a dimension somewhere.
Well we should find something out on that when he becomes a sophomore. I think he has a very nice upside.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Let's give him a break on this one. I was assuming he meant we'd
win all of our games in Nov. and Dec. 2020.

No. College basketball will be delayed until January unless they want to play in the fall without fans (which they may elect to do since no one goes to those games anyway)

No. College basketball will be delayed until January unless they want to play in the fall without fans (which they may elect to do since no one goes to those games anyway)

Too bad you answered it this way. I posted that we oughta "cut you a
break" on this one. The other posters basically said....nope, no break.
They were right about you....and you just proved it.
So...your image and reputation continues.
SMF knows basketball ...... Ridiculous at best.

Reactions: Drew1208
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT