ADVERTISEMENT

Will Jeffress

Joe the Panther Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Jul 6, 2001
I haven't had a chance to go through all the threads yet so someone else may have mentioned this, but Jeffress is expected to take part in the senior day ceremony on Saturday night. So when people are trying to decide who is going to be here next year, he probably won't.

Reactions: FireballZ
I haven't had a chance to go through all the threads yet so someone else may have mentioned this, but Jeffress is expected to take part in the senior day ceremony on Saturday night. So when people are trying to decide who is going to be here next year, he probably won't.
I was a little surprised when I saw his name in the email Pitt sent out.

ACC backboards breathe a collective sigh of relief. No more line drives heaved at them.

Hey, he won us the Wake game, though. Props for that. I'm sure he'll be making more money than most of us very soon.

This is a good move by Will. If I were him, I'd look for a school based on the quality of the graduate program/medical school like real students actually do. It would be basically impossible to play college basketball while attending medical school but could he start a class or 2 while playing? Dont know that answer. I think he can be a starter at the mid-major level.

He’s smart enough to know that basketball will not be his livelihood and his education is what he should focus on .

This is a good move by Will. If I were him, I'd look for a school based on the quality of the graduate program/medical school like real students actually do. It would be basically impossible to play college basketball while attending medical school but could he start a class or 2 while playing? Dont know that answer. I think he can be a starter at the mid-major level.
I believe Wayne DiBartolo was playing his final season at RB while enrolled in the Dental School - but I could be wrong. Will could get an extra major or enroll in Grad School for a final season of Hoops.

Last edited:
I believe Wayne DiBartolo was playing his final season at RB while enrolled in the Denal School - but I could be wrong. Will could get an extra major or enroll in Grad School for a final season of Hoops.

He has 2 more years. So it really depends on what he plans on doing for a career. If he plans on attending medical school, I dont know if that can be done while playing basketball at a place like say, Drexel. Maybe he could take a class or 2? Or perhaps he just picks up another undergraduate major for 2 years just to play hoops and delays medical school? Or enrolls in a regular graduate school like Epidemiology or something like that.

I smell grad transfer to a school with a top notch BA program.

Seems like a great kid and I'd wish him the best and also I'd love if we had one more scholarship spot for a wing.

I believe Wayne DiBartolo was playing his final season at RB while enrolled in the Dental School - but I could be wrong. Will could get an extra major or enroll in Grad School for a final season of Hoops.
Maybe Bob Schilken too, in that same era, don't remember if he ever redshirted or not???

Ivy doesn’t have scholarship right? Most top med programs are your power conference members, aside from Ivy. But best of luck to future Doc J

I went to dental school and there were several former college athletes while I was there , but I couldn’t imagine any first yr dental student having the time to play any D1 sport . In grad school you could lighten your load during your season , they’re never going to alter the curriculum for one student .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT